Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Mini Newb question. Please help >

Mini Newb question. Please help

Mini Newb question. Please help

Old 10-23-2012, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Mini Newb question. Please help

Hey guys what up! Im pretty much into sc racing, trail trucks and crawling. BUT.. i would love to build a little on road car as well. I was wondering, I have always loved the m-05. But ive been reading up on the hpi cup racer as well as the abc genitic which are both 4wd apposed to the m05 being FF. I have always thought that a FF rc car would be really cool. Plus i love the mini body, What do you guys think? any tips please?
Old 10-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

In my opinion, the M05, and the Tamiya Mini scene in general, is some of the most fun RC racing you will ever take part in. The cars have almost a cult following, with races being run almost anywhere. I highly recommend it!
Old 10-23-2012, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

2ND that !! The M chassis cars are great with easy parts support and plenty of good racing to be found. The ABC and HPI cars are good too but I think you'll have better luck finding someplace to race the Tamiya.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Evoracer
2ND that !! The M chassis cars are great with easy parts support and plenty of good racing to be found. The ABC and HPI cars are good too but I think you'll have better luck finding someplace to race the Tamiya.
awesome guys! that makes me feel good because i really do love that chassis! just now for power. so this kit will be ok?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Tamiya-M...item4d0605a408

also, im sorry about all the questions. But all i have for power right now is a mamba max pro and castle 4600kv motor. Im pretty sure that will be way to much motor. What do you recommend?
Old 10-23-2012, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

good choice and Omni usually has pretty good prices. As for motors....depends on what you're planning to do. If there's Tamiya Challenge Series races anywhere nearby, check out the TCS rules for Mini class at TamiyaUSA.com. M Chassis rules outside of TCS can vary quite a bit but the most power I've seen work with the Mini is a 17.5t. Beyond that you're just looking at alot of broken parts and worn tires. It was never designed for big power.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Evoracer
good choice and Omni usually has pretty good prices. As for motors....depends on what you're planning to do. If there's Tamiya Challenge Series races anywhere nearby, check out the TCS rules for Mini class at TamiyaUSA.com. M Chassis rules outside of TCS can vary quite a bit but the most power I've seen work with the Mini is a 17.5t. Beyond that you're just looking at alot of broken parts and worn tires. It was never designed for big power.
+2. The good ol' silver can works great in this chassis and that motor is generally the most accepted motor for that type of racing. The other cool thing is it's TCS legal, which is a super fun series if there ever was one.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

Ok awesome, yeah I figured that the silver can would be fun! Thanks got all the tips guys! I'm excited for this project
Old 10-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't think that one comes with bearings in the hubs..

I'd suggest starting off with the S-Spec (TAM84204).
Old 10-24-2012, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jjjheimer
I don't think that one comes with bearings in the hubs..

I'd suggest starting off with the S-Spec (TAM84204).
ok cool man i will look into that kit. Thanks!