R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-26-2001, 05:42 PM   #1
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default Calling All "E" OB4 Tourers!!!

Hey...i was just wondering if there's anyone out there that races the electric OB4.I currently have a used X-Ray...call me insane...but Im not sure if I really wanna keep it.I am thinking of Ebaying it and buying either the FT-TC3 or an E-OB4.If it helps, I only plan to race my electric indoors, during the winter months, while concentrating on my N-OB4 in the summer.Any comments from those experienced with the E-OB4 would be greatly appreciated.
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2001, 08:31 PM   #2
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to blue 3:16 Send a message via AIM to blue 3:16

Hi! I currently own & race an OB4 Pro2 International (not the RTR kit) and am happy w/ it. Sure it's not an exotic kit or a popular brand among brand-conscious enthusiasts but it has all the bells & whistles that are otherwise options on other cars. Consider these: woven graphite chassis, upper decks, towers, easy adjust pivot-ball suspension for camber, toe, caster by moving clips; delrin ball-diffs for fast acceleration; threaded alum shocks; cast alum motor mount for heat dissipation; adjustable F/R swaybars, stainless front universals and Kevlar-reinforced belts. The center pulley size can be change from 15 to 16T to alter internal gear ratio for big or small tracks. The chassis has 4 battery slots per side so u can alter battery position for improved weight distribution. Sadly, it also has it's share of shortcomings, particularly the ball-diffs . Instead of cone washers or diff springs commonly found on other brands, it utilizes "lock washers" resulting to either a locked diff or a totally loose one. I simply used a Kyosho diff spring found on their spider series and voila, problem-solved .

I succesfully piloted the car to the championship of our recenlty concluded Chameleon series w/c lasted 8 weeks. Aside from the 19T motor, i was using a Keyence ESC, KoPropo TX/RX, and 2400s and 3Ks battery. We'll be starting our stock and mod class so i'm excited to pit my car against the likes of the new Losi XXXS, FTTC3, MR4TCs, PRO 2s & 3s, etc. Can u tell that i'm pleased w/ this car?
blue 3:16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2001, 09:03 PM   #3
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default Re: Blue 3:16

Hey Blue....CONGRATS on the champs...good ta hear such a positve response!!! I am aware of all the goodies it comes with...
hearing your experiences with it was what i really needed to know...thanks!!! BTW....if you could get a K part # for those diff springs...I would greatly appreicate it!!! THANKS again
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 05:46 AM   #4
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

i have a schumacher sst 99 pro now, but i think the ob4 is the best deal out there. you can find them cheap on ebay. the susp is great, pivot ball, threaded bodies, graphite etc. do the ofna, man. i was looking at one a few weeks back, but i'm curious about the new mission pro from schumacher, so...i dunno yet.
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 10:05 AM   #5
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have an electric OB4 Pro for sale if anyone is interested in it. I really like the car, but parts support is non-existent around here. It's not the International. It's the mid-motor (looks like the RCLab 7 even).

I raced it for a season and really liked the way it handled, but, as I said, all cars are the same if they just sit there waiting for parts.
www.MBRSpeedShop.com - indoor carpet onroad and offroad racing in Roanoke, VA
Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote