Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Politics of R/C Racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 12:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What's the offroad rule. If you finish in the top 20-30 at Mod Nats you can't run stock Nats? What if there was a rule that if you finish in the A-main at Nats in Stock 3 times you are required to move up. Not saying it should be that above but something like it. This would make more people run mod and make mod more competitive the way stock is now. I think that is the way most other countries do it is that everyone runs mod.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I thought this was a hobby
Mo
Old 03-28-2005, 12:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by 1fastguy1
I thought this was a hobby
Mo
Radio Controled cars are a hobby...
Radio controled racing is a sport...

So therefore we are all athletes...

or something like that.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Smyka,

I'll be there running Mod with ya too bud. In fact, running stock for me was something new 2 1/2 years ago.

When I started running touring car and 12th scale, we were all running mod. When I started running on-road, it was at Englishtown, NJ. At lot of people remember that place. Great asphalt track and we ran rubber tires. We only ran mod. I know there were some locals that ran stock and were fast, but mod always got like 60+ entries on a normal Saturday. I remember Toso and some other big guys racing mod at E-Town and I was lucky enough to make the show a couple times in mod to race with these guys. Wow was that a long time ago.

I think this whole stock issue came about when bigger cells came out, like the 3000s and 3300s. Almost like the speeds were too much for 70% of the drivers, so they went to where the cars were more controllable and easier to drive. Because of this, many of the local mod guys were put in a place where they just wanted to race. Soo, we ended up running stock. Then we end up with a lot of talented guys running stock, which made it fun. I've only attended 3 "big" carpet touring races in the past 2 years. That is mainly due to having to work a normal job. I was able to make the A running stock in each of those 3 races. In all 3 events, the drivers stand was full of the same guys. Now we are at a point where we should move up to bigger and better things.

I ,for one, am going to make an attempt to run mod next carpet season. I am not factory backed by any means, nor do I get paid to race, but I think its time to go back to mod. It will be a steep learning curve again, but it will be worth it.

Later guys,

Jason
Old 03-28-2005, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

yeah we all look like athletes.
Mo
Old 03-28-2005, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by 1fastguy1
yeah we all look like athletes.
Mo
Can people be traded? LOL
Old 03-28-2005, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

People are constantly asking me if I play basketball, does that count?
Old 03-28-2005, 12:51 PM
Tech Champion

Default Moving them up...

If I were 20 or even just 10 years younger than I am now and I showed any promise at this-I would be running modified. I would be running Mod to try and quailify for and run competitively in the IFMAR World Championships. The sad truth is I am 40 this year and qualifying for the IFMAR World Championships is not in my future.

I guess we as American racers maybe dont hold in high regards the Worlds???

Maybe its all in how we are all wired. When i raced bicycles in college-I couldnt wait to become a USCF Cat3. I moved up way before I was able to win all those Cat4 Money Criteriums. When I became a Cat.3 all I wanted was to become a Cat2 so I could do Olympic trials.

I think the Current Pros need to all take so called apprentices under there wings that they find at there local tracks, etc. and develop some top level pro-caliber drivers. Groom them for top level international success.I am sure many pros already do that exact same thing. And the manufacturers have got to notice these guys and bring them to a Worlds-no pressure-just show up and experience it. Then two years later-OK-now some pressure-make the top 30. Then finally in there third attempt at the Worlds -Go for it!!

Again-looking at other sports-there is the Red Bull program trying to get Americans into F1. Maybe we need something similar.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Larry, you're actually a stand-up comic, right?

Schref - Hey, I bumped Lonergan out of the A this time. Doesn't that count for something?
Old 03-28-2005, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

jon u have a pm
Old 03-28-2005, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Tortorice!!!! Your my hero! haha, whats up little T?
Old 03-28-2005, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Maybe some people take R/C racing to serious (me most of the times)? Is it really a big deal what people want to run? Does it really matter what car someone wants to run? Why does it matter??

$.02 worth!

KE
Old 03-28-2005, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think that at alot of tracks faster drivers do tend to help the slower drivers. I know Eric Desrosiers has helped me out ALOT, as has he done with other stock drivers in the area. Not to say that I am compitent enough to run mod, but I think that alot of people do tend to help out other locals and try to help them move along the rc foodchain, lol.

BTW- Mark, I too will miss being able to peel you again in 12th scale, and then having to worry about how many piecies my car will be in after the next race. BTW, any way I could talk you into 19t for the RCE trophy race? lol ( no mod packs or motors)
Old 03-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by jdwca
Larry, you're actually a stand-up comic, right?

Schref - Hey, I bumped Lonergan out of the A this time. Doesn't that count for something?
Even a blind squirl finds a nut every now and then.....
Old 03-28-2005, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

That's actually really funny.

I have no comeback for that one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.