Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Should ROAR be the Sanctioning Body in the US for IFMAR?? >

Should ROAR be the Sanctioning Body in the US for IFMAR??

Should ROAR be the Sanctioning Body in the US for IFMAR??

Old 03-20-2005, 10:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Should ROAR be the Sanctioning Body in the US for IFMAR??

After Reading what happened at the Carpet Nationals...

I think this is a Valid Discussion to be rasied!!!

Should ROAR and the current situation they are in should be the Representing Body for the United States for IFMAR Qualification? What do you think??

MIKE
Old 03-21-2005, 02:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This arguement has been raised before. There seems to be general disgust with ROAR among most racers that have ran at any of there big event in the recent past.

I know of one person inparticular that has hosted a national's and he was not happy with the way things went with roar. He ended up get stuck with a very large bill after it was all said and done. The racers raved about how great the track was and how well the event was ran, but due to him not seeing eye to eye with the regional director(now former) and few other roar board members he will no longer be hosting any roar santioned races. If I'm not mistaken, that same region directors (now in a new region) name has been very popular this weekend.

If we could get a new sactioning body or get roar to get their program together, I think thing could be much more enjoyable for all racers on all levels. Oh, yeah, get rid of J-CRAP as well, I have yet to see that program work consistently.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

even "Mr. Trinity" wasn't happy with the way things with roar are going, even though, in a sense, they have helped to mold roar into what it is. I think he had good intentions when he was running for roar pres, but putting a weisel into the chicken coop isnt such a good idea either(no offense Ernie). I believe I would have voted for him (couldn't get much worse than it already is now), but I was never informed of the election. You would think they would have included a ballot in the Rev Up publication, but I haven't seen one of those in a while either.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Old 03-22-2005, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

sigh - oh yeah, please take Ernie Provetti's word for it. He's the Microsoft of RC. . .buy up the rights for everything and jack up the price.

It's amazing how many people have complained (in my reading/hearing) about not getting their RevUP and then, upon actually checking with Fred Howart (ROAR Admin) find that their membership had expired and they hadn't re-upped.

Problems with ROAR? Yep, I think so. I have thought so. I've gotten involved so that I would have a voice and so I could give input to try and fix things.

Not just bought a membership so I could feel like I could complain.

I get involved. I'm now on the Electric On-Road rules committee specifically so that I can give input. Funny, though, the other people who got ON that committee don't seem to do anything. . .so we have to find more.

In talking to many people, this seems to be the trend - people get all up in arms and complain and say that things need to change, get themselves put on a committee so that they can give input and try to, oh. . .maybe help?. . . and then never get heard from again. . .black hole.

Look at the website - it's been in process for a long time. . .why? simple and obvious, various people who volunteered to help or even to DO just disappear halfway through the process.

Now, I'm not going to defend ROAR. I'm not.

But saying that you weren't informed of the election - when it was ALL OVER RCTECH, TTT, etc. - is just iggerant. sorry, but it had to be said. And THAT ballot DID come out in time (2 yrs ago).

There IS general disgust with ROAR - among those who complain. Among those who get their hands dirty to try and DO something. . .well, not as much with ROAR but with those who complain AFTER the fact, AFTER ROAR asks for assistance, AFTER things happen.

But hey. . . Nobody said you HAVE to go to ROAR Nats. . . You could save your money and vacation time and go camping with your family!
Old 03-22-2005, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

if trinity is microsoft who is apple/macintosh?
Old 03-22-2005, 10:04 AM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Orion. Better quality products but not quite the same scale. lol

Boomer - I'm an electric onroad freak. I can help. Email me [email protected]