R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-23-2002, 08:27 PM   #16
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MaverickRacing
[B]Do you guys remember just starting out? I dont know about you, but i wasnt looking for which magazine did the best coverage.... i was looking at the magazine that had the pictures of the COOL cars. And when i first started, it was a clodbuster with a jsp conversion on it that attracted me to the hobby.

I will agree with you on that one but ask yourself this.......how many times are you going to buy that magazine to look at the same pics?? 1-2 page same trinity ad 3-4 proline 5-6 oh look another trinity add. Since you've been in the hobby for a while now do you still look at the pics or do you look at reviews, how to's, and helpful hints? The pics may get someone into the hobby but I'm for keeping them here. Everyone has their opinion and you did have a good one.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 12:17 AM   #17
Tech Regular
Send a message via ICQ to MaverickRacing

well i never had a complaint about rcca except the tamiya ads and the trinity stuff....i dont buy trinity, they discontinued the only decent thing they made.... and as for tamiya...well, lets just say plastic and reinforced fiber plastic [ same as plastic ] dont work for me. IMO
MaverickRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 08:32 AM   #18
Tech Initiate

I kinda wish they would have a magazine dedicated to Electric and a magazine dedicated to Nitro (I guess they do have one dedicated to Nitro). Since I'm an Electric racer, I sorta resent the fact that half the articles in a given magazine don't pertain to my car at all. Or maybe I could get a 50% discount on the magazine?

I think the tuning articles in Xtreme are the best of the three mags. As for the pictures of women in the magazine, I'm sure they are a selling point for the magazine, but please let's not pretend that beautiful girls are out prowling for r/c car geeks! (In fact, my beautiful wife would be thrilled if I gave up the hobby completely)
DNQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 01:29 PM   #19
Tech Regular
Send a message via AIM to Evil_S10

I can honestly say that RCCA kind of helps me out and ticks me off. RCCA helps me out when it comes to hop ups on a car. My XXX-S has gotten a lot of speed due to this magazine.

One drawback. RCCA is more into ads than they are into stories. I just picked up a new magazine and it had about 15-20 pages of OFNA ads. I personally am not into nitro, but i am sure that not everybody who reads their magazine is going to want to flip past every single ad they have.

Stick with RCCA if you want info on new parts/online hobby shops, but if you want to find out if new cars/parts are going to be good or bad, stick with Xtreme or R/C Car.
Evil_S10 is offline   Reply With Quote