Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capricorn 190mm EP

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 11:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BadPanda818
finally assembled my kit and am I happy that I went with this kit. the driveline feels smoother than a newborns behind. Imagine the kit with acer bearings upgrade. Two thing I don't like about the kit; 1) aluminum screw stripped often during kit assembly. Mind you that I was using Hudy tools. 2) the piston on the shocks rubs a little on the cylinder. Is there any fix for this? besides the 2 mentioned deficiencies, the kit is well executed. comparing this kit to my Tamiya TA06 is not even worth mentioning just by weight alone. By the way, what rate springs come with the kit? I couldn't find any color marks anywhere on the springs. I wont be running the kit for a couple of weeks because of school stuff but I'm really looking forward into driving this kit. Great job Capricorn and keep up the good work.
Hi

I agree , what a fantastic car. I do not have had the problem you mention with the screws , they are titanium. The shocks work just fantastic , witch ones are you using , I have changed to the short big bore.
The normal kit springs , normal length are green and yellow
Old 08-19-2013, 02:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BadPanda818
finally assembled my kit and am I happy that I went with this kit. the driveline feels smoother than a newborns behind. Imagine the kit with acer bearings upgrade. Two thing I don't like about the kit; 1) aluminum screw stripped often during kit assembly. Mind you that I was using Hudy tools. 2) the piston on the shocks rubs a little on the cylinder. Is there any fix for this? besides the 2 mentioned deficiencies, the kit is well executed. comparing this kit to my Tamiya TA06 is not even worth mentioning just by weight alone. By the way, what rate springs come with the kit? I couldn't find any color marks anywhere on the springs. I wont be running the kit for a couple of weeks because of school stuff but I'm really looking forward into driving this kit. Great job Capricorn and keep up the good work.
Hello Sir,

Great to hear you got the car assembled and are over all satisfied with it. Sorry to hear about the screws, next time you order some spare parts from me, I will included some extra screws. Please just remind me .

For the pistons scrubbing a bit, I have had the same problem with a piston. I just use very fine sandpaper, like corn 2000 and grind the piston very little. Then it's smooth and working excellent.

Please let me know if you need a god set-up. My driver Micheal Johnsen has done a lot of testing indoor/outdoor, Superstock/Modified and also tested all the hop-up parts, so he'll be glad to assist.

He replied you earlier, he is Johnsen-dk :-))...

All the best,

Niko
Old 08-19-2013, 05:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnsen-dk
Hi

I agree , what a fantastic car. I do not have had the problem you mention with the screws , they are titanium. The shocks work just fantastic , witch ones are you using , I have changed to the short big bore.
Originally Posted by RC-Netshop.dk
Hello Sir,

Great to hear you got the car assembled and are over all satisfied with it. Sorry to hear about the screws, next time you order some spare parts from me, I will included some extra screws. Please just remind me .

For the pistons scrubbing a bit, I have had the same problem with a piston. I just use very fine sandpaper, like corn 2000 and grind the piston very little. Then it's smooth and working excellent.

Please let me know if you need a god set-up. My driver Micheal Johnsen has done a lot of testing indoor/outdoor, Superstock/Modified and also tested all the hop-up parts, so he'll be glad to assist.

He replied you earlier, he is Johnsen-dk :-))...

All the best,

Niko
thanks for the replies. I couldn't find the color tabs on the springs to save my life. I've looked the entire spring and couldn't find it. the screw that it came with I think are aluminum screws. I have some spare titanium screws laying in my box and have replaced critical areas where I would need them. as far as the shock pistons, I filed the piston with 1.5k grit sandpaper until the exacto knife did stuck around the pistons. when I move the shaft around, I can feel the piston hitting the cylinder. maybe another o ring should fit. a general 17.5 non ramping set up would be nice but, I think the stock set up should be more than sufficient for 17.5. thanks again
Old 09-06-2013, 02:31 AM
Tech Regular

Finally completely finalized my car and here she is. This chassis looks so nice that I just want this for display.
Attached Thumbnails Capricorn 190mm EP-chassis-6.jpg   Capricorn 190mm EP-chassis-4.jpg  
Old 09-12-2013, 02:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi

I was told the screws are stainless steel and the turnbuckles steel as well.
Old 10-26-2013, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Just wondering if anyone who has the flex motor mount could post the size of the layshaft bearings? Does the flex motor mount use the same bearings as the kit standard mount (5x10x4mm bearings).

Thanks in advance.

Leonard.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Just wondering if anyone who has the flex motor mount could post the size of the layshaft bearings? Does the flex motor mount use the same bearings as the kit standard mount (5x10x4mm bearings).

Thanks in advance.

Leonard.
Hi Leonard

Yes , its the same size.

Let me know if you have other questions

Best regards
Michael Johnsen
Old 10-26-2013, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If anyone is interested in picking up a barely used TE-01 let me know.
I'm currently cleaning mine to be sold.
Car comes with 3 chassis plates and has some option parts.

Will put up pictures when I finish building the car.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Hi Leonard

Yes , its the same size.

Let me know if you have other questions

Best regards
Michael Johnsen
Thanks heaps Michael.

Have you tried the new steering rack (with 8.5/9.5mm spacings) and how does it compare to the kit 10.5mm?
Old 10-26-2013, 11:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Thanks heaps Michael.

Have you tried the new steering rack (with 8.5/9.5mm spacings) and how does it compare to the kit 10.5mm?
Hi

Yes have tried it , but just in the 8,5 position , havn't had the time to test the difference.
The new shocks are on the way and will be tested quick monday evening and then off to round 1 of the ETS in Hrotovice.

Will return after next weekend.

Best regards
Michael
Old 11-04-2013, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

Anyone got a TE02? no pics yet only renderings
Old 11-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PurcyP
Anyone got a TE02? no pics yet only renderings
Looking at the rendering. It looks like te01 with option parts with the exception of the chassis stiffner on the motor mount. I would get if it has the big bore shocks included
Old 11-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

hmm, might have to stick by yokomo and the bd7 then
Old 11-04-2013, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PurcyP
hmm, might have to stick by yokomo and the bd7 then
I highly recommend this car. Car performs better the more you drive it.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

you highly recommend the capricorn?

when you say the car performs better the more you drive it, does that mean its rubbish and you have to get used to it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.