Hpi Pro4 2005 edition? >

Hpi Pro4 2005 edition?

Hpi Pro4 2005 edition?

Old 03-30-2005, 05:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Erik Shauver
cone washers and o-rings over the steering posts as used by Hara
how would you go about installing this?

flip the cone washer upside down ontop of the o-ring?

oh, and does it come with an aluminum camber link brace?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-30-2005, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I'm very impressed to see that HPI...

keeps refining the Pro 4 and making it a better car. Nothing wrong with that what-so-ever. That's great and I'm going to have to buy one now. Keep up the good work HPI.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks to Guo Chean now I HAVE to get the new pro 4 even if i have to order it from japan or anywhere in asia.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

racer: Exactly, just flip the cone washer and install o-rings between the washers and upper deck. Tighten to the same height using calipers if possible, or use a screw driver with a torque limitig feature to set them the same. Not too tight, not sloppy loose. It does not come with th ealuminum camber mounts. They are too cost prohibitive to import. Also, we tend to like the graphite plate versions better. They are a little tougher to adjust, but they are very stiff and lightweight.

RCKnight: Good to hear!
Old 03-30-2005, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

racer: Exactly, just flip the cone washer and install o-rings between the washers and upper deck. Tighten to the same height using calipers if possible, or use a screw driver with a torque limitig feature to set them the same. Not too tight, not sloppy loose. It does not come with th ealuminum camber mounts. They are too cost prohibitive to import. Also, we tend to like the graphite plate versions better. They are a little tougher to adjust, but they are very stiff and lightweight.

RCKnight: Good to hear!
Erik, I suppose that the screw holding down on the inverted cone washes will not back out due to the tension from the o-rings, even if it is not fully tight? Would I need to use some threadlock instead?
Old 03-30-2005, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

Keep in mind that this release info posted previously is for the Japanese market 2005 spec Pro 4.

The USA/ Europe 2005 Spec Pro 4 will have the following:
All standard Pro 4 features
+2.5mm main chassis (original main chassis)
+new upper deck (as shown -- more lateral flex, same fore to aft stiffness, reduced chance of tweaking on impacts, with cone washers and o-rings over the steering posts as used by Hara)
+new motor mount (as shown)
+new shocks (fluorine coated, new bladders, new pistons, new shafts, as shown)
+Delrin diff out drives
+new 1 piece aluminum rear input shaft (combines spur adapter and shaft, with solid pins, much more rigid gear mounting, different than Japanese spec parts)
+new aluminum front input shaft
+new diff nut and new diff screw (larger screw size + T-nut)
+aluminum steering servo mounts
+Spool and One Way will be included
+full range of pivot block spacers to adjust block heights
+0, 2.0, 2.5 and 3.0 degree pivot blocks included
+Heavy Duty, Self Lubricating Ball Cups are also included

While some will say it is simply the "same old, same old" Pro 4, it does address exactly what a lot of our customers and team drivers wanted changed. It moves the weight balance forward, the motor is easier to access, the diff holds its settings better, the shocks are even easier to rebuild and maintain, the shock are even smoother, the drive train spins more true, the drive train is even lighter, a spool is included, and more suspension adjustments are possible right out of the box. The only items it is really missing to be competitive on any surface would be a full range of tuning springs (or a 3.0mm chassis and front diff for foam tire carpet racing).
Any idea when the car and the parts will be released in the U.S. and Canada??
Old 03-30-2005, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

Does anyone know the price this car is going to be??? probably expensive if you include all of the features on it like the camber links and what not. Also does anyone know if it comes with the delrin outdrives?
Old 03-30-2005, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

not really know what you say about the cone washer flip back and izzit the o-ring must between the upper deck and the cone washer? so does any different that tighten must be equal will it bring any different? thanks
Old 03-30-2005, 08:11 PM
Tech Regular

well they said something like you have to take the cone washer and flip it upside down or sum shizit but why cant you just use the cone washer like its supposed to be with a flathead screw.???
Old 03-30-2005, 08:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by jumbo360
well they said something like you have to take the cone washer and flip it upside down or sum shizit but why cant you just use the cone washer like its supposed to be with a flathead screw.???
Any pics of this???
Old 03-30-2005, 08:20 PM
Tech Adept

flipped washers installed ... from earlier post in this thread...
Old 03-30-2005, 08:21 PM
Tech Adept

Or here
Old 03-30-2005, 08:22 PM
Tech Regular

yea i dont get why they cant just use the cone washer the normal way... im confused
Old 03-30-2005, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by jumbo360
yea i dont get why they cant just use the cone washer the normal way... im confused
I think if you invert the washers, the orings would be contained inside the recessed area, with very little space for the oring to move side to side. So when you start to thread in the screw, the oring would not be squashed out. The oring might probably be squashed out if using a normal washer.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I guess with the 2005 US Spec car... I won't need a whole to convert my car to spec....

+new upper deck
+new motor mount (as shown)
+new shocks (fluorine coated, new bladders, new pistons, new shafts, as shown)
+new diff nut and new diff screw (larger screw size + T-nut)

everything else I have on my car and more...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.