Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
CS long life/Reedy plutonium/LRP long life brushes...which is the best? >

CS long life/Reedy plutonium/LRP long life brushes...which is the best?

CS long life/Reedy plutonium/LRP long life brushes...which is the best?

Old 03-16-2005, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

Default CS long life/Reedy plutonium/LRP long life brushes...which is the best?

Hi everyone!

I know all these brushes are more or less the same compound but I've been told they don't have exactly the same performance and don't wear the comm the same way

Have you experienced some testing on those 3 long life brushes?

Cheers!!
Old 03-16-2005, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

I have only tried the CS high silver brushes inported by Schumacher, however I can say they were awesome. After three runs on carpet (with an 8x1, foam tire). The brushes looked like brand new, and the com wasn't destroyed. I was also suprised @ the power of the CS brushes, there was little or no difference between them and the Quasars I usually run. I would highly recomend these brushes to anyone running square brush stuff. I dont know how long the brushes will last, but I am sure it is a while longer .
Old 03-16-2005, 09:51 AM
Tech Regular

They are all the same compound just rebranded

Get the cheapest one
Old 03-16-2005, 10:03 AM
Tech Legend

If they were the same, how come the Reedy version has a letter P molded on the end of the bursh ?

I`v been running the Reedy plutonium bursh for about two months on off-road.(Reedy Ti 12D)

I get close to a hundred runs, on one set, with no problems.

Just mad power, hardly any wear on the com.....

I turn the com about every 10 to 15 runs

Well worth the money, cause you will spend alot more $ running any other bursh....

Ps I already used two sets of plutonium`s on the same motor and about to put in the third set...

Beat that !
Old 03-16-2005, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Smoking motor..
They are all the same compound just rebranded

Get the cheapest one
They have similar compound, not the same....

The P seems a little softer

(Also the cs have 2 wires, the P only one)

I've used both with very good results
Old 03-16-2005, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

I wouldn't bother doing this thread if I knew that the brushes were exactly the same!

A friend I know who is a very serious racer told me he prefered the LRP because you could easely estimate comm wear and that it has only one wire so its easy to solder, CS doesn't recommend to cut one wire....but maybe it has no affect

he also told me that after a few runs the comm doesn't look the same, the LRP seems to wear the comm a little more but on the other hand it had a little more punch, looking forward to try the reedy

But I guess that these brushes are very similar so you would need some dyno testing to see the differences
Old 03-16-2005, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I got a LRP motor that came with a set of silver brushes. Had a single shunt and a P molded into the back of them. I would say the LRP and Reedy silver brushes are the same thing just rebadged.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:22 PM
Tech Adept

Location: San Marcos/San Antonio, Tx but chillin in Orlando, FL for now.

Would any of these brushes be good to use with stock motors or are they strictly a mod brush? Specifically either a GM3 or a Monster Stock.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

I'm pretty sure they would be fine fine for stock even if they are more often used in mod becose they have such good life, less comm burn/arcing but still almost as powerful as 2-3 runs brushes

I would try them!
Old 03-17-2005, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

You would never burn the comm and you could go for a very long time on a set of these brushes in a stock motor, im going to give it a try, and will compare them to some Trinity 4499's too see if there is any power loss.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have been running both the Reedy 777's and Trinity's XXX brush, these brushes dont fade after 5mins like a 767 would.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally posted by Wild Cherry
If they were the same, how come the Reedy version has a letter P molded on the end of the bursh ?

I`v been running the Reedy plutonium bursh for about two months on off-road.(Reedy Ti 12D)

I get close to a hundred runs, on one set, with no problems.

Just mad power, hardly any wear on the com.....

I turn the com about every 10 to 15 runs

Well worth the money, cause you will spend alot more $ running any other bursh....

Ps I already used two sets of plutonium`s on the same motor and about to put in the third set...

Beat that !
3 sets X 100 runs each = 300 runs in the last 2 months? Wow, I wish I had that sort of free time.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:45 AM
Tech Legend

I get to race off-road about two days a week.....

thing is we had a very busy racing season up here in the N/w for the last two months, so I`v had to practice more before the events...

Still , its about 20 to 25 packs a week....or 4 packs practice & 6 packs, for two class`s racing for one day...

By da way , 2 months , about 100 runs per month, and I am still running my second set of plutonium`s . Although they are getting very short.....So maybe this week I will switch in a new set .

Then, I`ll get another 100 runs for that big 300 runs on the same motor ! Reedy Ti 12D....

I have no problems paying 30 bones for these bursh`s , do the math, you will see I`v spent a whole lot less mola with this bursh , in fact I`v save almost what they cost if I had to use your normal bursh....

All that with no performance loss, in fact I get better performance with this bursh.... No lie....
Old 03-18-2005, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Wild,

2 classes racing each day on the same motor? That mean your running it in stock too?
Old 03-18-2005, 01:04 PM
Tech Legend

Oops , my secret is out ......

Yepper , works real good in stock , no fade, no replace every few runs.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.