R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   New 1/10 Touring Car (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/66362-new-1-10-touring-car.html)

ttektek 03-16-2005 03:27 AM

New 1/10 Touring Car

Hi guys,

Im thinking of buying a new car to race with. I want something different, but also something competitive to race with. Im not new to Rc world as I used to run Nitro (MTX-3 and G4)

Now its a toss up between:

Tamiya Evo IV
Tamiya 415
Team Associated TC4
HPI Pro 4
XRay
Alex Racing R3

Which of those would you recommend, i know its a open question. Money and spare parts is not a problem.

Thanks

Sami

nnick 03-16-2005 03:37 AM

Since, money and parts availability isn;t a problem, just buy the one you like most!:)

All the kits you mentioned are top performers and you can win races with them providing your skills are good! :)

Nick

sherman89 03-16-2005 04:20 AM

my oppinion would be the t1kf05...xray make awsome cars and theres no doubt it will be extremely fast....what class will you be running?

Mr. Shookie 03-16-2005 05:37 AM

Don't forget about the new Yokomo MR4TC BD,
Masami Hirosaki Reports he is faster with this car than with his SDW...which just came out in December....Should be very interesting. I will be out at the end of the month...Also it has parts already available that where carried over like arms, carriers, steering arms, and bumpers.
Also have you looked into the new Losi JRSX? It looks to be very interesting. I think it will be hard to tune to the junior or sportsman level, more of a pro level...
That is why I like YOKOMO....
Yes I am biased....
Stephen <><
Just to echo....buy what you like and think will help you win.
I have seen guys grab a 415 and tear stuff up...than others who put theres up for auction two weeks after running theres. It all depends on your driving style and preference. The Xray is awsome in the right hands as any car would be....I bet 2 to 1 that Atsushi Hara could drive any of the cars listed to a world championship...As any top five driver could.
Just my two pennies.

R40Victim 03-16-2005 10:47 AM

If it's something different you want, how bout a JRXS? Now that's different. It hasn't had any major victories like the Pro 4 and the Tamiya, but I bet in the right hands it'd be a great car...

ralph_c 03-16-2005 01:36 PM

exactly R40Victim - why get a car that hasn't been successful? from all the evidence it doesn't look like being different has made it a better car.

Personally I think the new Xray will be the car to beat when that comes out. However, any of those cars are going to perform well. I know the TC3 was said to be easy to drive without needing a perfect setup so the TC4 may be a good choice

R40Victim 03-16-2005 02:27 PM

The TC4 is a great car too. One of my racing buddies just got one, and the LHS owner as well. So far it's been a good performer; everybody who has one here is very pleased with them. I'd say setup is what makes a car easy to drive, a one-way diff can be a real headache if you haven't grown into it...

Our course is tight and technical, so keep that in mind when considering my opinion. I've never been on a really big track, so...results may vary. Here's the track:

http://www.hobbycentralrc.com/images/frtpgtrak.JPG

You can find more pics here:

http://www.hobbycentralrc.com/

Lance72RC 03-16-2005 02:54 PM

Well, I think we really should ask what kind of surface he is running on as well. If he's running on carpet. The Xray and Corally RDX, I think, have really proven themselves to be good cars. If he's running on asphalt. It seems the Tamiya and HPI Pro4 have been extremely good cars. But most of all find the car that suits your driving style.

Jon Kerr 03-16-2005 03:00 PM

Why not look at the Schumacher Mi2 if you want something that not every other racer out there has? It's the smoothest car I've ever run. Really any of the top level cars are going to perform. It's a matter of what you want to run. Paul, Adrian, and Troy are the customer service guys for Schumacher USA and their customer service is second to none. There are also a number of team drivers like myself who are available pretty much anytime to help with anything you need. It's a good car. Not the most popular car in the world but I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

Toodeep 03-16-2005 03:38 PM

I'll throw in a vote for the TC4. Great for the price and able to compete with the best of them. I've beaten many 415ms's, pro4's, and xrays with mine ;)

Toodeep 03-16-2005 03:38 PM

double post

greencactus3 03-16-2005 03:40 PM

my02 monster is an exotic.
wait a bit more and the jrxs fk05 mr4tc bd all come out.. will evfentually

JBennett 03-16-2005 03:57 PM

If I were you I would get a Xray FK. They are fast cars right when after you build it. TC3s are OK, when I always see them race, they go fast but they always break. But my choice would be the Xray.

JasonB

ttektek 03-16-2005 06:05 PM

Thanks guys for all your replies.

The surface I am running on is asphalt, similar to R40Victim track. Its quite tight with 2 straights.

Sounds like it’s a toss between the Xray and the TC4.

I have some more questions:

1. Whats the difference between the Xray FK and the FK 05 model?
2. What motors (turns, double or single, brushless) do you recommend for my track?
3. What batteries do you buy? 3300 matched cells?

Thanks again.

Sami

greencactus3 03-16-2005 06:06 PM

the fk and fk05 differences.. hmm toughie lol. not really. look at the pics of the two and its easy to tell. check out the fk05 thread too