Wiki Posts
Search

New 1/10 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 02:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

i run an Xray fk
never had a wheel screw back out(knock on wood)
never had much break except the usual mod stuff where the corners are square and your squeezing every inch..knuckle here c hub there.....just being a dork
had one screw back out but nothing major (only one?)
my car is smooooth as glass in mod stock whatever...ran tc3s forever they ran good but when i switched i ran better right away...the car does what i want the workmanship is second to none what the heck else would i want?? nuthin but Xray!!
Old 03-19-2005, 03:04 PM
Tech Addict

man i never read the first page??? wow?? all the xray haters?? very shocking just won my trophy race with mine mod and stock had a great weekend only broke one knuckle from friday to sunday...not too bad? the car is perfect in my book even if i have saddle packs...but once i get the fk05 i can go back to a solid pack and shave a few tenths while im at it xray all the way
Old 03-19-2005, 06:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Soviet

Dolphin's nipples...
Old 03-19-2005, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Actually,

Hara won while he was still running for yokomo with the old MR-4TCSP (Belt car)

Surikarn won with the Tamiya 414M2 (belt car)

Barry...I don't think barry has won the worlds yet (came close, but he did win quite a few reedy race with the TC3)

I think the one we are missing is Spashett (Losi SW I believe)

Most recently as we all know, Mark Reinhardt (Tamiya TRF415, belt car)

Steve Wang
Belt Cars Rule!
Old 03-19-2005, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

I'd go for that new BD Yokomo ... I can't wait to get mine!

If you want different, the last thing I'd get is a TC4. Anything from Losi or AE certainly isn't different at the track.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

The true exotics are the atlas, barracuda, kawanda, and speedmind.

Everyone can go to a popular touring track and find a Tamiya, Xray, Yokomo, HPI, Losi, AE, or Schumacher.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

Default dolphins

Originally posted by Twin-Kyle
i think kyle seen some dolphin nipples on mine hangin off the rear bumper then kyle saw the light and time for an UPgrade
Old 03-19-2005, 09:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Originally posted by odawg315
no matter what car you get, nothing will be faster and more valuable than time at the track. that being said...

as far as parts availability, thats a bunch of BULL $hit, if your on your computer you have available parts. i race a trf414m2, everyone told me you wont get parts, so i stocked my garage and i look on the net and realized there was no reason to do that cuz plenty of places have parts available anytime.

that being said, if your a racer youll have a pitbox full of parts so it would be no more of an investment than anyother car as far as parts. am i saying all parts will be at your finger tips, no, but worst case scenario if you broke some obscure part youd have to wait a couple of days to order it. dont let your local hobby shop dictate what car you HAVE to get. i love the exotics, its nice being the one or 1 of 2 people on the track running a specific car instead of a bellybutton car (everyone has one). i mean we have speedtech right here that can basically get us anything. if i went by local hobby shop standards id be running either a tc3 or a xxx-s!
This is right on point!!!
Never let your local hobby shop dictate what you roll

- JB
Old 03-19-2005, 11:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Windsorguy99
I'm not claiming that the Xray is inexpensive or absolutely bullet proof (although the PB cars were ) Soviet's outright hostility towards the brand is rather shocking and disturbing.

I gave the TC4's a try..and now I'm heading right back to Xray. I'd have been tempted to try Yokomo, but in my area parts supply is questionable at best.

Losi took themselves out of the running with delay after delay and reports of questionalbe durability on the JRXS..

The TC4's worked well for me..ijsut hated wrenching on them...I was just not a fan of the layout or the parts quality....

Xray is not the *ONLY* touring car on the market. Themarket is large enough for many different cars to exist to suit various tastes...

for those spouting anger and resentment though...perhaps you should seek help??
Xray should die and so should you...now gimme my medication...the walrus is singing to me again...
Old 03-19-2005, 11:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't think it's a matter of the LHS "Dictating" your brand, they supply the parts that sell.

I generally suggest going with locally available parts support, so an oddball broken part, or if you break more than one(using your suggested spare), doesn't end your raceday. Sure, a few days is nothing, if you're willing to give up for the day when you can't find that one part...

It's been said any of the pro-level cars will do great, so why not save yourself a headache and get a car with good local support.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

For beginners, buy the locally supported car. For the guys that are experienced, buy the car that you want the most. If you travel to other races, then your "locally" supported car is down the drain, and you don't have a selection of spares. Now if you buy the exotic car, spend about $100 on spares. Then you can travel to other tracks in comfort.

Some hobby shops only carry parts for the tc4 and xxx-s(like my LHS). We have more Xray's running than any other chassis, but they wouldn't stock parts. We we ended up buying parts, bodies, tires, electronics, ect. from speedtech since they combine shipping. Now the LHS is SOL just b/c they refused to stock xray parts.

Please don't go crazy and say we are putting the LHS out of business. They get support from oval and off-road.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Good point about traveling abroad, but most of us club level guys never leave our home track. As for that shop that saw all the x rays and wouldn't stock parts for them, that guy must not be a good business man... I wouldn't preach about support so much if it weren't a fun limiting factor when stuff breaks...and it happens.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

You should always try to suport your local hobby shop..but when your local shop refuses to listen to the wishes of their customers then I won't blame you for going elsewhere.

That shopowner that sees all the Xrays should be able to get parts for you guys even if it's done on a special order basis...By choosing not to do so he has basically told you that he doesn't want/need/apreciate your business.

In certain areas here in Ontario, dealers push the asian brands heavily, claiming that other brands are on backorder or unavailable. When you buy these Asian kits from those dealers, many are lacking english instructions, as they've been purchased directly from overseas suppliers. It's disturbing when a LHS is selling grey-market goods(especially when they are selling at the same prices as kits that have come through the proper supply chains)
Old 03-20-2005, 12:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Pro4Capece
The true exotics are the atlas, barracuda, kawanda, and speedmind.

Everyone can go to a popular touring track and find a Tamiya, Xray, Yokomo, HPI, Losi, AE, or Schumacher.
this is true, but in my area there is only one other tamiya car out there. if they got to popular id probably try the barracuda or the crc cars.
Old 03-20-2005, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Originally posted by Pro4Capece
For beginners, buy the locally supported car. For the guys that are experienced, buy the car that you want the most. If you travel to other races, then your "locally" supported car is down the drain, and you don't have a selection of spares. Now if you buy the exotic car, spend about $100 on spares. Then you can travel to other tracks in comfort.

Some hobby shops only carry parts for the tc4 and xxx-s(like my LHS). We have more Xray's running than any other chassis, but they wouldn't stock parts. We we ended up buying parts, bodies, tires, electronics, ect. from speedtech since they combine shipping. Now the LHS is SOL just b/c they refused to stock xray parts.

Please don't go crazy and say we are putting the LHS out of business. They get support from oval and off-road.
That's my point, even if I was a beginner and I was a year ago, I didn't care about what my LHS 'stocked' or recommended for that matter, that's what the internet is for. Do a little research, talk to the guys at your track who's cars you like and ask them about breakage parts, figure out which car you want to get and stock up on spares. If you break an obscure part and you didn't get spares for it, what chances do you think that your LHS have thought to stock it? Now don't start flamin' me guys, I spend plenty of time in my LHS BUT for other items since they don't stock alot of the parts I may need. I'm one of the more popular money-spending characters there and they'll tell you the same.
BOTTOM LINE IS THIS- figure out the car you like (because even though you test drive another racers car that you like, you 'may' think it's garbage because of his particular set-up), find out the breakage parts and stock up. Once you get that squared away stock up on some of the more obscure items but more importantly learn the 'quirks' of that car and HAVE FUN DAMMIT

- JB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.