Search

2005 ROAR On-Road Carpet Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by MPrincip
Look..

The Only reason why ROAR is still around is because they hold the One Main Key for the Manufactures..

You have to Attend a ROAR Nationals Event to Qualify for the World Championships!! Period.

If this was not the case.. ROAR would Cease to Exist!!!

There are so many other races to attend. Some better some worse.

But if you take the Worlds from ROAR no one would care about ROAR!!!

MIke
ROAR provides you with the guidlines that the manufactures produce to, and try tp keep a level playing field so you have an opportunity to have a fair event. We can argue the success of that until we are blue in the face.

The fact is ROAR is a valuable entity in the community.

Without ROAR..........we would have 100's of tracks with 100's of sets of rules.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

There is a link on the ROAR website, which is linked to the starting grid and linked to a site which is titled "speak with ROAR".

Please feel free to voice you complains on this link. as I know this is a link used by the executive committee.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by KDagh1
Where is George the owner of Hobby Chamber? I have been scanning these posts for the past couple of days waiting to see a reply from George.

The silence is deafening. Has anybody heard what his reaction to the whole thing is? I have heard everybody else's story except for the Race Director / Track Owner.

My guess are:

He is taking a deep breath after a very stressful couple of weeks.

or

He just does not give a crap.

I think the former.

Keep in mind that since he has cut his ties with ROAR....he needs to answer to no one, anymore.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Chris, call me
Old 03-22-2005, 08:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Chris and Carl! Call me if you need to chew on me for a while.

Kenny B
ROAR ExComm
Old 03-22-2005, 08:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

That's it Hobby Chamber...I quit this thread due to your ineptness and failure to report the results.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So are you telling me that if a Racer wants to Attend the World Championships that he does not need to Qualify at a ROAR National Event?

You must Attend... Also You must finish in the Top 40 at a National Qualifying Event to be on the list which is submitted to IFMAR.. Or there abouts...

Is this not the case?

So You are telling me that a racer can attend the Snowbirds and Qualify for the Worlds?

Don't think so...

Also the Snowbirds Don't use ROAR Rules... Either does US Champs... And those are the best run races in the Country who average over 400 people.

Mike
Old 03-22-2005, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

"The One Main Key that keeps ROAR around is that ROAR has established guidlines to keep racing as fair as possible for its membership and mantain a consistancy in racing where ever you go. "

That's kinda funny.....in this case, the racing was not fair, as the established guidelines were not followed for the motor approvals, which allowed a prototype motor to win 1/12th scale...

ROAR is here because we need it.......without orginization, you have chaos....

Later EddieO
Old 03-22-2005, 08:34 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally posted by Carl Giordano
There is a link on the ROAR website, which is linked to the starting grid and linked to a site which is titled "speak with ROAR".

Please feel free to voice you complains on this link. as I know this is a link used by the executive committee.

Are you serious? the "Starting Grid" message board uses the most archaic and backwards forum software ever written! All the different interfaces make no sense whatsoever (with names like Pistachio and Bubblegum lol) And thats just scratching the surface!
Old 03-22-2005, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by raffaelli
ROAR provides you with the guidlines that the manufactures produce to, and try tp keep a level playing field so you have an opportunity to have a fair event. We can argue the success of that until we are blue in the face.

The fact is ROAR is a valuable entity in the community.

Without ROAR..........we would have 100's of tracks with 100's of sets of rules.
Crap, I tried to stay out of this, but the way you put this is what bothers lots of people..

ROAR makes rules for companies to make products? That's not how it's supposed to be. That would mean volunteer, non-profit organization (and not the best in organization) is in charge of what companies make and the direction of the hobby?

I think I know what you're trying to say, but if I was a company I wouldn't want ROAR to think that's what they are here for to set my product line. THere are lots of things that lots of companies made that weren't ROAR legal to start.

At this point ROAR is just some rules. Stepping out of the role requires a huge fish to fry and they aren't set up for that type of commitment and I'm not sure who is at this point.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I'm thinking that without ROAR we would be running under IFMAR rules. Doesn't ROAR pretty much conform to IFMAR rules anyway? Like running Brushed and Brushless motors together?
Old 03-22-2005, 11:56 PM
Tech Master

ROAR is the governing body for RC car racing in the Americas.

EFRA is the governing body for RC car racing in Europe.

There are similar National Federations for other Continents.

All these fall under IFMAR - the International Federation.

That's the set up. If you are unhappy with the way ROAR is operating, simply outvote the present council members and replace them with people you think will do a better job, but there's no point trying to break up ROAR itself. You need an International representative and ROAR is yours.

Any sport needs such a set up. Look at the cock ups the FIA is doing in International motorsport at the moment. There's no point flattening the FIA. Get rid of Max Moseley and replace him with someone that talks sense and you're OK again.

I suspect that, in a roundabout way, this is what the GPWC are actually trying to do.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:28 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally posted by johnbull
If you are unhappy with the way ROAR is operating, simply outvote the present council members and replace them with people you think will do a better job, but there's no point trying to break up ROAR itself. You need an International representative and ROAR is yours.

NO BALLOTS TO VOTE!!
Old 03-23-2005, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by DerekB
Crap, I tried to stay out of this, but the way you put this is what bothers lots of people..

ROAR makes rules for companies to make products? That's not how it's supposed to be. That would mean volunteer, non-profit organization (and not the best in organization) is in charge of what companies make and the direction of the hobby?

I think I know what you're trying to say, but if I was a company I wouldn't want ROAR to think that's what they are here for to set my product line. THere are lots of things that lots of companies made that weren't ROAR legal to start.

At this point ROAR is just some rules. Stepping out of the role requires a huge fish to fry and they aren't set up for that type of commitment and I'm not sure who is at this point.
Thanks, I did mis-state. ROAR helps to set guidlines, not requirements.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:14 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I can't get registered on Starting Grid, I have tried several times.

Sent several emails....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.