Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2005 ROAR On-Road Carpet Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 04:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't think you'll have to worry about a ROAR carpet nats in 2006. What track owner in their right mind would bid for it after reading this thread?
Old 03-22-2005, 05:06 AM
Tech Regular

You are right on the money with that one DJG24.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 171 (100%+)

R IP
O FF
A GAINST
R ACERS

WHAT DO THEY DO FOR THE RACERS THAT COME FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD TO RACE.. (NOTHING) SO WHY SHOULD WE PAY ROAR JUST TO HAVE A LITTLE WHITE CARD WITH A # ON IT LET THE TRACK OWNERS HAVE A SMALL FEE FOR BIG RACERS AND LET THE RACERS BE HEARD WE ARE ONES DOING THIS THING DAY IN AND DAY OUT WE KNOW 95% OF THE PEOPLE WE RACE WITH I THINK WE NEED TO TAKE A VOTE ON THIS LET GET THE RACERS MORE INVOLVED ON WHATS GOING ON AT THAT TRACK THEY ARE RACING AT.THEY NEED TO TRY AND PUT A RACER ON TOP THINK ABOUT IT HE'S AT MOST OF THE BIG RACE'S AND HE KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON AND THE RACERS WILL RESPECT HIM ON HIS CALL. FIRST IT WAS T. REX AND NOW DAVID LEE WHO'S NEXT JERRY SPRINGER . I SAY THE HELL WITH ROAR AND GO WITH THE RACERS

THATS RIGHT OUT OF BROOKLYN NOW WHAT!!!
Old 03-22-2005, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Are the results posted anywhere yet??? I'm one that just cares about what my local guys did.... After reading all this I'm also happy I didn't throw out the gas and toll money and make the hour trip up to HC to watch....
Old 03-22-2005, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by 403forbidden
Yes. I am most concerned about the turning away of people/spectators who fit a certain profile...or "element" as Geroge puts it.

What is ROAR going to do to help prevent future track owners from doing this at future ROAR sponsored events?

And if it does happen again, what will ROAR do to respond?
I will find out for you.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

raffaelli, being my region director... Where's the results????
Old 03-22-2005, 06:31 AM
Mal

Why don't some of the guys complaining do something about it and run for office? Or would you rather not be bothered if you're not getting paid? You guys gotta remember, most of these officals are not being paid for what they do.

How many guys here would take 4+ days off from work, family and racing just to officiate a national race? Hardly anyone? I thought so....

I think the crappy nationals falls squarely on hobby chambers shoulders. ROAR deserves some of the blame but I think 90% of it is the tracks fault.

Last edited by Mal; 03-22-2005 at 07:30 AM.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by vtl1180ny
raffaelli, being my region director... Where's the results????
Despite trying, I have been unable to obtain them. When I have them, I will post.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by RCMadness
Hello,
Although this sounds as if it did not go to well for many, please don't let that reflect on the entire CT racing scene.

At R/C Madness we ALWAYS welcome spectators and have a reputation for running GREAT races.

If you come to the 1/18 Nats in April or the ROAR Off Road Mod Nats in July You will see a well run race that allows spectators.

Again, sorry if you had a bad time but PLEASE don't let this reflect on the CT racing scene.

Regards

www.rcmadness.com

I would have to say that RC madness is a facility that is top notch and along with it's top notch staff will make the Mod off road nats a great event that EVERYONE including spectaters will enjoy.
I have enjoyed racing there everytime I have been there. And the simple reason is because Cris Marcy is one of the best at putting on a show and seing to it that EVERYONE that attends has a good time. Cris has gone out of his way many times to help a racer out when they have needed it.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Except for complaining about ROAR are there any other interesting facts to report from the nats.
I would be very interested in how the brushless systems worked since this was one of the first races where they let both brushless and brushed compete against each other. Was there one clear favorite of the two ?
I heard that in 12th scale the brushless system had a little less punch but insane top end. Runtime about the same as brushed...!?
Old 03-22-2005, 06:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mal
Why don't some of the guys complaining do something about it and run for office? Or would you rather not be bothered if you're not getting paid? You guys gotta remember, most of these officals are not being paid for what they do.

How many guys here would take 4+ days off from work, family and racing just to officiate a national race? Hardly anyone? I thought so....
For me its not the money, its the time commitment. I am a college sophmore trying to graduate in 5 years (This is my third year). I can ill afford to miss 4 days every time there is a major event in my region (regional or national). Now if it took place in the summertime, I wouldn't have a problem with it.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

nevermind why bother...........

Last edited by STLNLST; 03-22-2005 at 06:50 AM.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Mal

exactly......it'll never happen, but they'll all be in line to complain...want to leave ROAR? who's going to run the ship?...get a racer to lead it???? nice thought but racers are too busy racing....maybe Joel Johnson will come out of retirement and lead the group.....who'll make the rules? who'll test the unobtainium parts and make sure the racers can get them?.....don't like the system run for office...
Old 03-22-2005, 07:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Exterminator
Do you really think that ROAR would listen. People have been trying that for a long time. Nothing is changing. We still don't have online voting. Revups that come after voting is closed. Exxcom that doesn't answer to anyone. No way to remove people from office that don't perform their job. No standard or crew to run a national event. the list is long and not one person at ROAR will step up and take the reigns. (it's volintary so it's not my responsibility).
Dude get the blinders off!! Not everyone hides and there are people here who helping make changes. I personally have beeninvolved with ROAR for 3 years as I started as the Region 5 director. It was bad here as the region director ahead of of me just up and quit, theones prior never did a thing and even further back one most likely embezzled money and pissed off people. Region 5 in two years is now the third largest region in the country behind Florida and California. I took the reigns of the oval committee and even thoguh tings have been bumpy, we have a new surge of oval members and oval is coming back. Oval has changed because of people listneing anf making efforts. Region 5 has changed because of making efforts and support of everyone and taking risks.

You can blame ROAR all oyu want....you can scream for online voting, you can scream for all the things. Changes are happening. Online voting hs been discussed for the pastyear at the ExComm. The webiste is being revamped and this will be hopefully worked out in the future.

ROAR is at fault for this event as much as the host is. ROAR can not possible screen every possible item for a national event. There is a certain amount faith, trust , and confidence that must be afforded to the host that they will be able to complete the task at hand. It is very similar to being a manager of department in which you train your personell and you give them guidleines on what is needed and you allow the meployee to run wiht the project. The manager provides guidance, but the process is up to the employee. As a manager you can't hand-hold the employee, otherwise you might as well do the job yourself. Hosting a national event is no different. Management and the employee failed. Another way is to think about raising a child....you give them all they need to succeed..it's the effort on their part and the decision they make whcih will ultimately control the outcome.

To say ROAR isn't listening is wrong. You wouldn't see people like Chris R. (Region 1) and Carl (Region 2) and myself on here askign what is up, askign to be e-miled details, etc. This constant bashing of ROAR is rediculous and as basically trial by Internet. There are so many factors weighing into issues and problems that they can not all possibly be discussed here nor should they be. if this race went well with maybe just the brushless conflicts...none of oyu would even be on the site complaining. I saw the posts about the upcomgin races

I for one am tired of everybody dropping back to the one commnet a ROAR rep made on we are volunteers. I for agree we are accountable no matter the situation. Everyone is ready to burn down ROAR and start new orgs....welll ROAR has outlasted them and will continue. Adversity will make the org stronger, but instead of bitching all the time help your region directors. THIS IS WHERE IT NEEDS TO HAPPEN. The ExComm listens, but it also has to make changes or no changes that effect 6,000+ members

As far as late Rev-Ups. there have been mailign issues. I have pursued getting the Rev-Up on the websites to assist in this situation. Ths will happen in the future with the website. But you can also make the effort. Call/contact your region director, log onto the webiste and call Fred. Most of the time it's a change of address, unlcear address on the entry forms, simple items that really can be solved.

BTW..online voting isn't going to change the world. It will yes increase the number of people that vote. Changes can happen by voting, but oyu as memebrs need to get oyur votes in. Only 100+ ever vote.....and don't use the Rev-Up as an excuse.

There are good and bad with each situation and organization. LEt's not fortget the great efforts and support of the people workign on it.

Kenny B
ROAR ExComm
Old 03-22-2005, 07:36 AM
Tech Adept

Kenny....know what you mean....i did your job after the questionable embezzlement....did it as a "favor" to try to get ROAR back on track....case is did the best i could....couldn't get anyone to help out....lots of complaining, couldn't please everyone so did what i thought was fair.....and try to get someone to host a regional.....HA HA....everyone wants a place to race but no-one wants to do any work to put on the races....give credit to Mr. Bill and the folks at the champs....wow 25 years of putting up with the whining etc.....want to help....VOLUNTEER!!! and quit crying.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.