Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2005 ROAR On-Road Carpet Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Go Peter! Bringin' it home for Fusion and Br00d!
Old 03-21-2005, 03:18 PM
The Evicerator

And here's to you, Peter Robinson
Jesus loves you more than you will know
God bless you please, Peter Robinson
Heaven holds a place for those who pray

Coo, coo, ca-choo, Peter Robinson
Jesus loves you more than you will know
God bless you please, Peter Robinson
Heaven holds a place for those who pray

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you
What's that you say, Peter Robinson
Jolting Joe has left and gone away
Old 03-21-2005, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

Old 03-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

LMFAO!!!

Where's my Wendy's Mr. Robinson????????????!!!
Old 03-21-2005, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

congrats to all the winners and TQ's
wish I could have stuck around and watched but I figured it would take till tuesday before they got finished,
but hey at least since the race was so unorganized I didnt even have to renue my roar membership, hahahahahaha
see you guys in vegas
Mo
Old 03-21-2005, 03:47 PM
Tech Champion

haha, you didnt renew it? I kno they made "Bill Wagner" renew his...

Bill Wallace Wagner

(pennan teller)
Old 03-21-2005, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Gotta say great job to my man Dayger!!!

Glad i didnt go, but at the same time wish i did.

KB
Old 03-21-2005, 04:03 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by 1fastguy1
but hey at least since the race was so unorganized I didnt even have to renue my roar membership,
CLASSIC!
Old 03-21-2005, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

I'd really like to support an organization, (organization, originating from the root word,"organize"...) regardless if it's ROAR or not. With what transpired this weekend, it is getting harder to support any race(s) other than the Snowbirds, Cleveland, and anything Scotty Ernst is involved with. This is just another debacle added to ROAR's long list of unenforced rules, rule deviations, poorly run events and dropped balls.

As for brushless motors being able to compete with brushed motors, not only is it illegal, it's just another episode of ROAR being pressured into a decision/rule deviation by a manufacturer(s). For the record, this should not reflect poorly on Jon Orr. He did his job, as did Fernando, for their respective sponsors.

Todd Putnam
Putnam Propulsion
www.putnampropulsion.com
Old 03-21-2005, 04:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Re: Here for the offical thread,

Originally posted by lotus1
I feel I have to comment on this.That is disgusting.Plain and simple.I was turned away with my daughter and son.I don't think any of us look like "the element",whatever the hell that is to begin with.What a complete joke.I spoke very politely and respectfully to this idiots wife.I think it would be OBVIOUS to anyone with a third grade education that we weren't any "element".Hopefully this place will disappear quickly with just a minor stain on the landscape.Mario.

QUOTE]Originally posted by raffaelli
I spoke to George about those that were turned away. He said that due to the element that lives in the area, he turned away people that looked like they belonged to the element. Other than that, he asked people to park elsewhere so that paid racers could have priority.

Not saying people were not asked to leave.....just reporting what I was told.
[/QUOTE]

This is the excuse they came up with??? It is a jaw dropper to me. I was hoping the excuse for turning people away would be due to some maximum occupancy law or something reasonable. Since when is RC racing an elitist activity? If he was worried about crime, he should have had some extra security. Turning people away based on appearance is ignorant. Besides, if a true criminal wanted in they probably would have came in the side door through which the spectators who did get in entered (as has been reported). To me, this and the profanity in front of kids are simply unexcusable. These actions have nothing to do with poor planning or short notice. I'm shocked that any respected racer would defend this on any level.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:21 PM
Tech Regular

I'd like to congratulate all the 2005 National Champs. Regardless of what transpired at the event, you all had a job to do and you all did it well. Congrats to all of you.

Thanks to Mark Smyka for TQ'ing Sedan Stock, as well as making all 3 mains. You da' man.

Thanks to Brad Johnson for choosing Putnam Propulsion to propel him to a 2nd place finish in 19 turn. Nice job man!

Thanks to my entire team for their tireless efforts, support and results.

Thanks to everyone else who chose to utilize Putnam Propulsion, regardless of what t-shirt you were wearing...

Todd Putnam
Putnam Propulsion
www.putnampropulsion.com
Old 03-21-2005, 04:34 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Hey Todd,

You got a few? I need to talk to ya!!

EA
Old 03-21-2005, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Perhaps all those complaining are right. Perhaps this was a poor example of a national event, or the race officials were not fully prepared, or the track did not do an adequate job in running a timely event.

But perhaps you need to considered the following:
1.) The executvie committee of ROAR will take all your complaining and do something about. I HOPE. As a result of what I witnessed, I've made numerous suggestions to ROAR with respect to future national events, which I hope ROAR will implement immediately.

so lets see what this means to the membership and how we resolve the problems.

Problems:
> not enough ROAR officials to monitor the racing and tech. OK, so what the magic number, 3 ROAR officials per race? So who pays for these officials to travel to at least 8 National Level event throughout the US. It won't come from the membership, cause you all complain that $35 is too much money to spend. ROAR can not afford to allocated 25,000 per year for travel expenses to police races.

> Inadequate tech. OK, so if the racers and stock motor tuners are so concerned about illegal motors, why not get individually get involved. If you suspect someone of using an illegal stock motor ask to have it tech. The way I see the motor tuners have more an an interest in preserving a level playing field when it comes to the legality of motors. At the nationals, every manufacturer was represented by a motor tuner. Not one complained at the site, yet people will voice their complaints after the fact. PERHAPS ANOTHER SOLUTION is as follows, after each racer is done marshalling, the top three ffinishers must work the tech table for the upcoming race.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I hit the post button too earlylets continue)

> a solution to the first problem. If ROAR is being asked to serve as an official at every national event and must have adequate coverage than the only solution is more people are going to have to volunteer to help out at national events and giveup their opportunity to race at the event. Otherwise ROAR will need to increase its fees to cover its expenses.

ROAR is a body of racers who set guidlines for racers to adhere to. Plan and simple. We are not the FIA.

> problem: host tracks run a slow program. Well lets see, at this past event there were almost 250 entries. So we wanted to run a National within a 3-day period? Perhaps this is the problem. Snowbirds and Cleveland practically have a 24 hour race program, so there is plenty of time. The winter nationals runs the same number of drivers over a one week period. Perhaps this event has too many drivers or not enough time. SOLUTION, we extend the race format or we reduce the number of entries. One driver = One Class. under this scenario we could run 2 more rounds of qualifying within the same period or shorten the duration of the race. PERHAPS, drivers need to qualify for the nationals. Meaning they need to finish in the top 50% at their respective nationals for whichever class they intend to race in the Nationals. Perhaps this would revive the meaning of a regional event and make the nationals a more meaningful event. One driver = one class would give each driver plenty of time to help out in the tech area or any other area thats needs help.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Carl,
You and I have had a run in before, for thoes who don't know he is the region 2 director.
You have some good points but ROAR dosen't give two S#$% about the east coast! IE: the recent election.
As far as the running of the race the EXACT SAME THING happned at the Off road nats two years ago! With David Lee as the race director.
On the subject of $. These people are volunteers and with that they are responsible for there own transportation!!!! Not us the racers!!! oh wait they would just have the track pay for them just like the Major manufactures do.......oops did I let that slip!
I wonder how much money this track lost holding the Nats?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.