Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2005 ROAR On-Road Carpet Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 11:41 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally posted by Curtis Schlaht
This is kind of depressing, not having race by race updates like we has for the Novak race .... Futureal HELP!!!!
Wish I was there! Although it sounds like the race director(s) are unable or unwilling to provide digital results. I run into this at nearly every race I try to cover, it's incredibly frustrating to say the least. I sympathize with nash...

FYI I will be doing live results at the Reedy Race and the Vegas race, and maybe others in between but definitely those two. Scotty is really good about getting results out so we should have excellent coverage at both.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Just Got Back

from the race. Wish I could tell everyone about the racing action. After driving 3 hours to get to the race I was told as I entered the track....NO SPECTATORS ALLOWED,by the woman behind the counter.After asking why,I was told it was a ROAR Rule Change.The biggest carpet/onroad race under roar sanction and spectators aren't allowed.Way to go to promote this sport/hobby.To say I'm annoyed is putting it mildly.What a joke.Mario.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

WOW, I would have thought that they would want people there to bring more people to the sport. This could be the worst rule that I have ever heard. Nice work Roar.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:31 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mike D
How can people on the internet, not at the race, place blame on anybody?
Because it is legitimate to base an opinion on information coming from those that are at the race.

Not being physically present at an event shouldn't prevent a people from opining on what they have read or heard.

As an analogy, isn't it ok to have an opinion on the use of steroids...even if one hasn't personally used the drug?
Old 03-19-2005, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default Re: Just Got Back

Originally posted by lotus1
from the race. Wish I could tell everyone about the racing action. After driving 3 hours to get to the race I was told as I entered the track....NO SPECTATORS ALLOWED,by the woman behind the counter.After asking why,I was told it was a ROAR Rule Change.The biggest carpet/onroad race under roar sanction and spectators aren't allowed.Way to go to promote this sport/hobby.To say I'm annoyed is putting it mildly.What a joke.Mario.
I have never heard of a rule like that. I'm gonna go look through the ROAR rulebook and check that out.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by 403forbidden

As an analogy, isn't it ok to have an opinion on the use of steroids...even if one hasn't personally used the drug?
Yes its ok, but people who have actually used have a much more credible opinion.

Thus, people who were actually there would know much more about the situation, thus giving a more accurate opinion. Not to say one is right or wrong.

Its not what you know, its how you know it.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Neither Have I

I suspect it might be the track owner.NOTICE I said SUSPECT.Either way,6 hours in the car for nothing leaves a bad taste for BOTH roar and HobbyChamber.IF it is the track owner,who decided to give this person the Nats?Seems poor decisions ALL around.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Under Section 5: Facilities in the ROAR Nationals Guidlines in states in 5.6 "For the benefit of spectators, bleachers should be provided."

In other areas of the rule book it specifies both participants and spectators in certain sections so by that I deduce that spectators would be a non-participant and no where does it state that spectators are not allowed at a National.

Way to fail Hobby Chamber.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:42 PM
Tech Rookie

After driving 2 hours to get to the race I was told as I entered the track....NO SPECTATORS ALLOWED,i was told the same thing by the woman behind the counter.After asking why,I was told it was a because of no space for spectators if the place is not ready to hold a big event don't have one this is great you go to place spend money, support the hobby and the same place turn you. then on a big event you not good as a spectators .The biggest carpet/onroad race under roar sanction and spectators aren't allowed.Way to go to promote this sport/hobby.To say I'm annoyed is putting it mildly.What a joke this is a great way to get people in the hobby
Old 03-19-2005, 12:44 PM
KMW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Re: Just Got Back

Originally posted by lotus1
That can't be a ROAR rule and if it is then I'd have to say it's one of the dumbest rules I've ever heard of. I think someone who runs the track made that decision and is falslely using ROAR as an excuse. I couldn't find anything specific in the 2005 ROAR Nationals guidlines except these hints that spectators are allowed:

5.6 For the benefit of spectators, bleachers should be provided.

24.1 The safety of corner marshals, drivers, pit personnel, and spectators must be considered in the track layout, pit location, and the design of jumps.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Gotta like it.....you can use unapproved brushless motors, but no spectators.....guess it's a good way to limit the witnesses to the corruption....

Later EddieO
Old 03-19-2005, 12:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Wow. I think both spectator space and release of timely results should be made a requirement. It comes down to why these big races exist and one of the major reasons in my mind is promotion of the hobby. I realize space can be an issue, but it seems like someone really dropped the ball here.

Last edited by RodneyB; 03-19-2005 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default ROAR race

Unless the rules have changed since last year you guys should have been let in. My wife and I went up to last years race at the gate with no problem. It sounds like the track owner bit off more than he could chew in hosting this race. I hope ROAR addresses this problem. I feel bad for the people who spent all that time driving just to be sent home.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Maybe it is a fire safety issue and they are near their maximum occupancy limits.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rcfever69
After driving 2 hours to get to the race I was told as I entered the track....NO SPECTATORS ALLOWED,i was told the same thing by the woman behind the counter.After asking why,I was told it was a because of no space for spectators if the place is not ready to hold a big event don't have one this is great you go to place spend money, support the hobby and the same place turn you. then on a big event you not good as a spectators .The biggest carpet/onroad race under roar sanction and spectators aren't allowed.Way to go to promote this sport/hobby.To say I'm annoyed is putting it mildly.What a joke this is a great way to get people in the hobby
Are you lotus1 with a different handle, or did you just copy his post?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.