Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2005 ROAR On-Road Carpet Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 08:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

And how many 415's are in the "show" in the 19 and stock classes??
Old 03-18-2005, 09:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Brandon Melton
Don't get to wrapped up on his Kyosho car, this will be the last race on that car. He said the new proto stuff should be on the track this summer.
hey that my boy running a corally good luck at debbies cya run the car to it potential
Old 03-19-2005, 03:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by xxxkat
And how many 415's are in the "show" in the 19 and stock classes??
2 mod
1 19 turn
1 stock or ME
Old 03-19-2005, 04:04 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally posted by tazz888
What about the owners meltdown before the first qualifier of the day. There was a tear in the carpet in the turn leading on to the straight. A turn marshal noticed a small flap sticking up and proceded to cut it before notifing the owner. George saw it happen and questoned the marshal (the marshal was at fault for doing so). George them proceded to express his displeasure to the marshal. If he left it at that it would have been fine, but he decided to stand in the middle of the track and anounce to the entire crowd that everything in the builing was his and not to Fu@&!NG toutch any of it. During this explosion he used the "F"word 8 times! There were women and children present at the time. This is no way for a track owner to act. He also used inapropriate language during his drivers meeting lecture. As a racer this is not what I expect to hear or see at a national or any other event. I belive that his actions will have long term affects on his buisness and ROAR should address this situation imediatley and demand a public appalogy from George to all the racers and spectators who witnessed this uncalled for display of ignorance. Who else feels this way?

Sounds like this "George" character is a real idiot.

ROAR should revoke his membership and not hold any events at his oh-so precious carpet track.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:25 AM
Tech Rookie

After watching the verbal explosion from the owner first thing in the morning its safe to say that we won't be seeing any big events held in there for a while. Problem is I've heard from many racers that they often stay away from that place because they had bad experiences there.

P.S. He should be using all his energy on fixing the issue of power continuously going out. I know it's not his fault, but this is a big event pick up the phone and get an electrician out there to see if anything can be done.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

26 more pictures posted from 45 to 70 mostly pit pictures.

at http://www.nashrcracer.com

as for the results you can imagine I have been trying to get it but he doesn't feel that people need to see it till it's right. that's why I post unoffical results. jlap is missing laps as it is a bridge loop for the start line. it's not wide enough to pick up the laps and it's too high for some of the 12th scales to pick up laps. some of the 12th scales with alumium front blocks are having the most trouble. and the mod guys are doing sub 9 sec laps.
as for the swearing diatribe from george the person that cut the track was told to by another team driver before the start of the race. I don't know which one but I heard he was told to do it. but that aside he should of told the race director and had it fixed properly and Goerge should not of swore at everybody.. he lost his cool and this ROAR NATS lost it's cool the first day that power went out for like the fifth time. I drove 975 miles I'm not going home till they padlock the doors!!!! I'm going to try to get the line up from the track this morning. post it when I get there.

ps just wait till I tell you the story about the carpet being 6" too short
Old 03-19-2005, 05:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Unless something is wrong with the electrical system, they are prolly S O L. The service is most likely being overloaded.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:50 AM
Tech Rookie

The owner is not the one to blame here. ROAR should take responsibility for this debacle. Obviously, not enough due diligence was done on the venue that was chosen.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

how is roar to blame for what comes out of the owners mouth?

racer-oZ
Old 03-19-2005, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

How can people on the internet, not at the race, place blame on anybody?
Old 03-19-2005, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by SCML
And.... the rule book says that some have to have been sold to be legal for competition, and if these are prototypes...... not legal? Maybe I missed something.

Mike
Stock... the rule states stock.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So if I show up with a new mod motor prototype at any national ROAR event I can just run the motor, I don't have to get it approved by ROAR first?

racer-oZ
Old 03-19-2005, 07:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by nashrcracer
ps just wait till I tell you the story about the carpet being 6" too short
Wow! That's REALLY THICK carpet...he, he...

Thanks for the pics.

Last edited by JRX-S Bill; 03-19-2005 at 07:40 AM.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:32 AM
Tech Regular

And, back to racing.....does anyone know any results?
Old 03-19-2005, 07:47 AM
Tech Adept

nash where you post something please.how are you and michael doing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.