Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Pinion and Spur Gear Sets >

Pinion and Spur Gear Sets

Pinion and Spur Gear Sets

Old 04-10-2018, 09:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Pinion and Spur Gear Sets

Hey everyone. This might be a noob question, but does anyone offer any spur gear sets?

I'm running a TC4 and the Associated F1 on black carpet and was wondering if there were spur gear sets out there?

I have found some pinion gear sets and it's been great having a range of sizes that can quickly be switched out. So far, I'm only finding spur gears sold individually.

If nothing like this exists, what's the range that one should have. I have no preference if it's 48 or 64 pitch. Would like to have options at the ready in case I wanted to change this up and not have to order a new spur gear every time.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:39 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Occasionally on eBay they pop up. I bought a 64p set from 88-100. Missed a 48p set couple months back.

I’ve bought 2 pinion sets from Yeah Racing before.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DoubleRR24
Hey everyone. This might be a noob question, but does anyone offer any spur gear sets?

I'm running a TC4 and the Associated F1 on black carpet and was wondering if there were spur gear sets out there?

I have found some pinion gear sets and it's been great having a range of sizes that can quickly be switched out. So far, I'm only finding spur gears sold individually.

If nothing like this exists, what's the range that one should have. I have no preference if it's 48 or 64 pitch. Would like to have options at the ready in case I wanted to change this up and not have to order a new spur gear every time.
It really depends on what FDR range that you are looking for.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

With the stock spur, on the TC4, 40 to 45 tooth is around what you need for VTA. I believe i'm running a 41 tooth on mine. You need to clearance the chassis though to make the pinion fit.