Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Old 08-20-2013, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The belts will stay white as they are already available. I've been using them for a while and they are much softer than the black belts, hence "low friction".
Old 08-20-2013, 07:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Whats the part numbers for the low friction belts.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....ducts_id=15069 for front belts

http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....ducts_id=15068 for rear belts
Old 08-21-2013, 02:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

RcAmerica has them as well.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Has anyone tried Hagberg's ETS Gran Canaria setup on a US parking lot track? It uses kit springs so I was thinking of trying it. The big differences from kit asphalt seem to be -.75 front roll center, .5mm of arm sweep, shocks one hole down, middle front camber link, camber link shimming, and a low rear diff.

Last weekend turned out to be a practice day. The car seems to work well with the kit asphalt setup. I couldn't spot any particularly bad behavior, but I'm still getting used to mod. If anything, calming the car down a bit so I can be more aggressive with the throttle would be the most help, I think. Maybe a bit more steering while braking, but that may really just be a track layout thing. More overall grip in the corners would be nice, as always.

After all that effort I put into balancing the car, when I got the car home and put it back on the scales, the left side was reading 15g heavy. No idea how that happened. So I leveled my pit board on the workbench and dove back into it. I moved the arms forward 1mm (added 1mm ackerman shims to compensate), and put 4x 7g on the right rear next to the layshaft bulkhead. The car is back to 50/50 left/right, and about 51.7% rear. I'm hoping the extra rear weight will calm down the corner exit steering a bit. I also had very small tweaks in the swaybars that I got rid of. Xray could stand to go to an endlink more like HB/TOP for easier/finer adjustment of the endlinks.

I also went to AE 35wt (425cst according to bottle) all around, in hopes of just making the car easier to drive, and maybe keeping the tires a bit cooler.

-Mike
Old 08-22-2013, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Has anyone tried Hagberg's ETS Gran Canaria setup on a US parking lot track? It uses kit springs so I was thinking of trying it. The big differences from kit asphalt seem to be -.75 front roll center, .5mm of arm sweep, shocks one hole down, middle front camber link, camber link shimming, and a low rear diff.

Last weekend turned out to be a practice day. The car seems to work well with the kit asphalt setup. I couldn't spot any particularly bad behavior, but I'm still getting used to mod. If anything, calming the car down a bit so I can be more aggressive with the throttle would be the most help, I think. Maybe a bit more steering while braking, but that may really just be a track layout thing. More overall grip in the corners would be nice, as always.

After all that effort I put into balancing the car, when I got the car home and put it back on the scales, the left side was reading 15g heavy. No idea how that happened. So I leveled my pit board on the workbench and dove back into it. I moved the arms forward 1mm (added 1mm ackerman shims to compensate), and put 4x 7g on the right rear next to the layshaft bulkhead. The car is back to 50/50 left/right, and about 51.7% rear. I'm hoping the extra rear weight will calm down the corner exit steering a bit. I also had very small tweaks in the swaybars that I got rid of. Xray could stand to go to an endlink more like HB/TOP for easier/finer adjustment of the endlinks.

I also went to AE 35wt (425cst according to bottle) all around, in hopes of just making the car easier to drive, and maybe keeping the tires a bit cooler.

-Mike
While I can't comment on a lot of his setup, I have tried the anti-dive at the front. But I found it reduced the steering slightly.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Cool

TC Pro Matched Big Bore Short Spring from Ride:

http://rc-ride.co.jp/product.php?cat_id=7
Old 08-23-2013, 09:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by grippgoat

-Mike
i also tried the anti dive but got better results from using the stock arm mounts and putting a 1mm shim under the fr,initial turn in is better but mid corner suffers a small amount and no arm sweep just the 1.5 shims,exit is better too as forward traction and on power steering in increased
Old 08-23-2013, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Received the new Low Friction Blets from RCAmerca, took about 3 days. Can't wait to see how well they work.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Which RSD springs are equivalent to Xray 2.3 and 2.5?
Old 08-25-2013, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

There is no "equivalent" springs. Our black are like 2.4 and our blue are like 2.55. While our pink would be a 2.65. They behave differently though. A blue front/black rear feels similar to 2.5f and 2.3r.

Personally, I like Blue or pink front with a yellow progressive rear on carpet and silver f yellow progressive rear on asphalt.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chasingthepack
i also tried the anti dive but got better results from using the stock arm mounts and putting a 1mm shim under the fr,initial turn in is better but mid corner suffers a small amount and no arm sweep just the 1.5 shims,exit is better too as forward traction and on power steering in increased
Do have a pic of where u put the shims by chance ?
Old 08-25-2013, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
There is no "equivalent" springs. Our black are like 2.4 and our blue are like 2.55. While our pink would be a 2.65. They behave differently though. A blue front/black rear feels similar to 2.5f and 2.3r.

Personally, I like Blue or pink front with a yellow progressive rear on carpet and silver f yellow progressive rear on asphalt.
Thanks
Old 08-25-2013, 09:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by yodace
Do have a pic of where u put the shims by chance ?
no pic,but if you look at the front of the car where the arms attach to the mount the shims go between the chassis and the front rear mount,some people are using split mounts in this position,if you look in the t4 manual it says its a tuning tip and what its for
Old 08-26-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chasingthepack
no pic,but if you look at the front of the car where the arms attach to the mount the shims go between the chassis and the front rear mount,some people are using split mounts in this position,if you look in the t4 manual it says its a tuning tip and what its for
Maybe that's why yodace wanted a picture. In your previous statement you stated you didn't like anti-dive, but what you describe here *is* anti-dive.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.