Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Old 06-08-2013, 11:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

The car handled as if it was possessed today. The car was better than me finally. I raced in 21.5T with HPI D-compound 1450g min. class and it was amazing. No rear sway bar and the rear shock bottom ends mounted on inner holes really helped with the rear grip and the car did not have any looseness while having very neutral feel overall.
If I could use any spur, I would like this car 2X more.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chasingthepack
thats the bit i dont get as im on 2.7 all round with 400cst oil same as the fast guys although my car weighed more(its now under 1350gms,was 1440)what way would you go if it was still stopping in the corners?
I am running 450 cst all round, check ride height, it might be that the motor is catching.
I have just changed from Thunder Power to Tekin Gen 2 and the motor is wearing a bit where it is catching the ground, I know another fellow Xray driver with this motor has the same problem of it grinding away, his a T3 '12 though.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Skiddins
You can expect the gear diff to bind with the driveshafts.

Because the rear track is narrower on the T4 and the outputs from the gear diff are slightly wider than on their older cars the driveshafts had to be reduced to the 50mm variant.

You can get them to fit but you'd have to widen the rear track by a few mm which would probably ruin the handling.

Skiddins
thanks damian,saves me a lot of hassle
Old 06-09-2013, 08:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Barry_Hughes
I am running 450 cst all round, check ride height, it might be that the motor is catching.
I have just changed from Thunder Power to Tekin Gen 2 and the motor is wearing a bit where it is catching the ground, I know another fellow Xray driver with this motor has the same problem of it grinding away, his a T3 '12 though.
at the track in question it has a banked sweeper so ride height has to be 6.5 r 6 f and i still wear out the chassis and motor,today i made an improvement to how it feels mid corner but i was at a different track,i lowered the rear inner link and then front and got a bit faster every round but my consistency isnt good enough yet,more track time there and itll all fall into place,thanks for your input
Old 06-09-2013, 09:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

at the track in question it has a banked sweeper so ride height has to be 6.5 r 6 f and i still wear out the chassis and motor,today i made an improvement to how it feels mid corner but i was at a different track,i lowered the rear inner link and then front and got a bit faster every round but my consistency isnt good enough yet,more track time there and itll all fall into place,thanks for your input
Another option, from setup, is to maybe check your drag brake. Too little and you might miss corners, too much and it can really kill corner speed.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by erchn
Another option, from setup, is to maybe check your drag brake. Too little and you might miss corners, too much and it can really kill corner speed.
i dont use drag brake,i cant get on with it
Old 06-09-2013, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

i dont use drag brake,i cant get on with it
neither do I
Old 06-09-2013, 02:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Barry_Hughes
neither do I
i lowered the roll center and that partially cured the stopping in the corners so i still have 1mm to go so might just cure it altogether hopefully,but need to change settings for a different track next weekend so im going to write up a set up sheet as itll give me a better startng point next time im there
Old 06-09-2013, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Halifax??? If so... I'm so jealous...
Old 06-10-2013, 02:28 AM
Tech Adept

Thinking of changing to 64dp, what make gears do people use? and what is the best size spur gear to use 13.5 boosted btw

Thanks
Old 06-10-2013, 02:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Halifax??? If so... I'm so jealous...
no need to be jealous,it wasnt halifax,its aldershot,the sweeper can be tricky as you need to stay as low as possible,if it was steeper it would be better as it chews up the front left in 3 rounds and grinds the motor

http://aldershotmodelcarclub.net/track-parking-pitting/
Old 06-10-2013, 02:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Nathan Wilson
Thinking of changing to 64dp, what make gears do people use? and what is the best size spur gear to use 13.5 boosted btw

Thanks
i use the white non offset rw lightweight,they do an offset in black which are the ones for the t4,only i use 48,im sure they still do them in 64 though
when usingthe non offset there a little wider so when you go to put the pin back in its a little tight,but still works ok
Old 06-10-2013, 03:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Yes, 700cSt, you might want something thicker though, on rubber we are usually on 2000cSt or above
I'm still an old school racer tbh, have never used a gear diff before in any of my cars.

What benefits are there of using thinner/thicker cSt?

(Bearing in mind I will have a front and rear diff to build up....)

I am guessing thicker (is that higher or lower cSt?) will give a slower rotation on that end of the car?

To give you an overview of my current cars setup....

(On my 415msxx) As for springs, I use serpent pink 28lb (I believe?) and red 18lb.

60w front, 55wt oil rear, 3 hole pistons, 0 degree front toe, 3deg rear toe in, so you can see that the suspension is set much harder up front to allow faster cornering speed.

Steering repsonse is immense Although I will probably be looking at turning that down.

Am I reading too much into this, or is differential cSt critical to the setup too, or not so important?
Old 06-10-2013, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Is there anything to change that would Hlp prevent the front tires from overheating when using the front - .75 roll centers? I developed a foward push also at the end of the 8min race anything I could change to prevent that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.