Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The tiniest tweak in the bar can throw it out alot on the car.

Make sure its as even as possible as this can tweak the car on the track in a big way.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U
Raise or lower the ball cups that support the anti roll bar.

Raise or lower one side by turning the ball cups until both sides react simultaneously.
Is this like a temp fix? Also will this create another tweak? I have the same issue on an 12 that I just thought was normal.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcguyfpr
Question about the anti-roll bar. No matter what I do to the mounting set screws or adjusting the set screws by the end of the bar, left and right just have uneven reaction. All arms go up&down freely. However, when lift up left, right will come up; but life up right, left only moves a little (shocks off).

Front 1.4 and rear 1.2 bar, similar case. How do I fix it? thanks!
I had the same problem. You would think the ARB mounts would bother be same when screwed tight since they can only go so far.. I put a .5 shim so I know they are the same and they work fine
Old 05-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcguyfpr
Question about the anti-roll bar. No matter what I do to the mounting set screws or adjusting the set screws by the end of the bar, left and right just have uneven reaction. All arms go up&down freely. However, when lift up left, right will come up; but life up right, left only moves a little (shocks off).

Front 1.4 and rear 1.2 bar, similar case. How do I fix it? thanks!
I have the same issue. Bar ends are equal everything is free and bar is straight but left arm won't raise. When I have less weight on the arm (no hub carrier) they bolt go up. There is no binding either.

Dave
Old 05-10-2013, 02:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Also, put the roll bars on a flat surface like a piece of glass and check that they are flat and not twisted.
I would second this as I checked mine last night - front was perfect but the rear would not raise the right hand side. Checked the roll bar on a piece of glass and it was not flat... twisting it slightly (not much!) made it flat and when I put it back on it worked as expected.

Quick question related to this - how much do people tighten the grub screws on the roll bar mounts?
Old 05-10-2013, 02:05 AM
Tech Master

You need to de-tweak the roll-bars with the hubs and upper links removed. And before de-tweaking, make sure the wishbones drop freely under their own weight, and that the roll-bars are free in the holders.

You use the roll-bar links to set the tweak. Lengthen one side as necessary so that the wishbones rise after the same amount of movement. I do this using a ride height gauge under the wishbone. E.g. I may have to lift the RH wishbone 5mm before the LH one starts to lift up. Make sure it's the same the other way around, and adjust the roll-bar links if not.

If the roll-bar tweak has changed when you reattach the hubs and upper links, then you've got some binding somewhere.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by scoyle
Quick question related to this - how much do people tighten the grub screws on the roll bar mounts?
I assume you're talking about the two grub screws on the bulkhead mounts, not the links.

Disconnect the links so they are only attached at the bulkheads. loosen the grub screws off so the roll bar drops under it's own weight. Slowly tighten the grub screw on one side until it stops the bar dropping under it's own weight. Now back it out 1/4 turn.
Repeat for the other side.

You want the bars to be loose, but not so much that they rattle around and have lots of movement for and aft or up and down.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Skiddins
I assume you're talking about the two grub screws on the bulkhead mounts, not the links.

Disconnect the links so they are only attached at the bulkheads. loosen the grub screws off so the roll bar drops under it's own weight. Slowly tighten the grub screw on one side until it stops the bar dropping under it's own weight. Now back it out 1/4 turn.
Repeat for the other side.

You want the bars to be loose, but not so much that they rattle around and have lots of movement for and aft or up and down.
Yes, on the bulkhead and great explanation, thanks.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:41 AM
Tech Addict

skiddins,have you run 3 hole pistons with a heavier oil?just curious if on a flat track if this would be better or just stick with the 4 holes?
Old 05-10-2013, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chasingthepack
skiddins,have you run 3 hole pistons with a heavier oil?just curious if on a flat track if this would be better or just stick with the 4 holes?
I've only ever run 4hole 1.1mm on the T4
Old 05-10-2013, 03:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Can someone elaberate on their personal experience running a softer sway bar on the front of the T4, or even t3, like a 1.3 instead of a 1.4 standard bar. Im looking for more steering and trying to figure out if this is the route I want to go. Thank you
Old 05-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

That's the first thing you should do according to the xray table.
Then soften spring and damper, lower the roll center, etc.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Where did you find that chart?
Old 05-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...p?file_id=2531

Found it for anyone interested.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

The used to include it in the older kits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.