Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gbyfield
If you really want to add more steering to your T4 the easy way look at where the steering is limited, the composite steering arms are hitting the centre round spacer.

You will see the area that causes the problem, get a round file the same profile as the centre round spacer and file away until you get the steering arms hitting the front C hub, this is the maximum throw which is the same as the T3.

Simple but effective
and a lot more work,i didnt have to take the car apart to do my mod,by removing the ballstud altogether i can acheive more lock without weakening the arms
Old 05-06-2013, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gbyfield
If you really want to add more steering to your T4 the easy way look at where the steering is limited, the composite steering arms are hitting the centre round spacer.

You will see the area that causes the problem, get a round file the same profile as the centre round spacer and file away until you get the steering arms hitting the front C hub, this is the maximum throw which is the same as the T3.

Simple but effective
Originally Posted by RCknight
Nice, I'll have to take a closer look at the T4 and see. Your looks nice, but I hate my chop jobs. I was kinda was hoping Xray would give us the option.
Originally Posted by chasingthepack
and a lot more work,i didnt have to take the car apart to do my mod,by removing the ballstud altogether i can acheive more lock without weakening the arms
The reason for the T4 not requiring any more steering lock was explained by Xray (Martin Hudy) during it's release.
More steering lock just produces more scrub, the limited steering gave enough lock without that scrub and still kept making better laptimes.

If your after more lock, perhaps you just require reduced ackerman and/or other changes in setup to give you the steering you want without compromising the amount of wheel scrub (and with it, cornerspeed)

You want to make the car turn while using absolutely the smallest amount of steering lock.

Skiddins
Old 05-06-2013, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

ok guys i need some advice on anti squat,i know im losing time on the brakes as the front is diving too much,now to cure this on a tc6 i would just stiffen the front slightly,but this doesn't work on the t4,so is anyone using a shim under fr mounts ? if so which size shim? and are there a few variations? thanks in advance

Rich
This passed Saturday I changed from the 0 RC in front to 0 F/r and -75 f/f with the shocks stood all the way up. The car was so reactive and easy to drive..
Old 05-06-2013, 04:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Skiddins
The reason for the T4 not requiring any more steering lock was explained by Xray (Martin Hudy) during it's release.
More steering lock just produces more scrub, the limited steering gave enough lock without that scrub and still kept making better laptimes.

If your after more lock, perhaps you just require reduced ackerman and/or other changes in setup to give you the steering you want without compromising the amount of wheel scrub (and with it, cornerspeed)

You want to make the car turn while using absolutely the smallest amount of steering lock.

Skiddins
ok i see your point, when running 3.5 toe in at the rear for amcc i just found that a bit more lock gave me faster lap times at the infield/tight corners,ive gained 2 laps since i was there last and apart from the 2mm shim behind the shock i havent made any other changes other than the steering,your no doubt right that its a set up thing as i did manage to turn down the dr so probably back to where it started,having said that i only did the steering mod to speed up response times,i havent changed the ackerman settings just the way the servo attaches to the arm mount
Old 05-06-2013, 04:41 PM
Tech Addict

Last edited by chasingthepack; 05-06-2013 at 04:50 PM. Reason: double post
Old 05-06-2013, 04:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JOE SI
This passed Saturday I changed from the 0 RC in front to 0 F/r and -75 f/f with the shocks stood all the way up. The car was so reactive and easy to drive..
was it better on the brakes,you didnt say?
Old 05-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I went on the xray web site in search of a asphalt track setup. Wow alot to choice from for sure. Is the basic asphalt setup a good place to start running mod on a 200 ft. end to end with medium traction a good starting point? Climate outside is around 70 to 80 deg. now.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mugen10
I went on the xray web site in search of a asphalt track setup. Wow alot to choice from for sure. Is the basic asphalt setup a good place to start running mod on a 200 ft. end to end with medium traction a good starting point? Climate outside is around 70 to 80 deg. now.
It didn't work for me. I had a lot of exit oversteer. But it is a starting point so go from there.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I'd go look at Chris, Paul, Christian, or Ralph's set ups from this weekend once they get them posted. Maybe disregard the carbon arms and stick with the 1.1 350 oil.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What's a good out door asphalt tire?
Old 05-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I'd go look at Chris, Paul, Christian, or Ralph's set ups from this weekend once they get them posted. Maybe disregard the carbon arms and stick with the 1.1 350 oil.
Thanks for the info. I will keep looking for the Nats. setup to be posted.

Hey as for asphalt tires I would guess sweep is a good tire. They did well indoors.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:53 AM
Tech Master

was it better on the brakes,you didnt say?
I'm not the best driver yet, but just those changes got me from doing 17's and high 16's to doing low 16''s and hgh 15's and doing almost 3 more laps.
On the brakes it felt like it wasn't diving since the dive is already there and I could steer into the turn on throttle through the turn and pull full throttle out..
On power steering was 100x better
Old 05-07-2013, 02:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JOE SI
I'm not the best driver yet, but just those changes got me from doing 17's and high 16's to doing low 16''s and hgh 15's and doing almost 3 more laps.
On the brakes it felt like it wasn't diving since the dive is already there and I could steer into the turn on throttle through the turn and pull full throttle out..
On power steering was 100x better
cheers joe,i cant wait to get back to the track to see if the changes ive made will equal faster lap times,im very positive that it will now be quicker and easier to drive,however did you add more caster or just stick with the 4 degree blocks?
on set up i cant really make out exactly how much caster i have im going to take a guess at 2 degrees ???
Old 05-07-2013, 05:15 AM
Tech Master

cheers joe,i cant wait to get back to the track to see if the changes ive made will equal faster lap times,im very positive that it will now be quicker and easier to drive,however did you add more caster or just stick with the 4 degree blocks?
on set up i cant really make out exactly how much caster i have im going to take a guess at 2 degrees ???
Adding dive will generally end up in having less caster, I'm using 4 degree c hubs so its less than 4 but I don't know exactly how much less, but I'm guessing somewhere between 3-3 1/2.. Less caster helps initial turn in but less steering out of the corner.. If you want to stick with 4 degrees get 6 degree and add dive which will put you less than 6 degrees ( again not sure about exact #) but in my situation I was looking for initial turn in and got it.. Try both if you have the option and see how it goes..
Old 05-07-2013, 05:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Thanks for the info. I will keep looking for the Nats. setup to be posted.

Hey as for asphalt tires I would guess sweep is a good tire. They did well indoors.
Sorex are best for asphalt, for the summer 36 and 40 work best. Plus wear is great. Sweep are good but wear quicker imho.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.