Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Does the T4 use the same diff clamps as the T3'12, which would give longer camber links? Or did they re-do the diff clamps to keep the links in the same place?

-Mike
different part number, so i think they are a tad different.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Does the T4 use the same diff clamps as the T3'12, which would give longer camber links? Or did they re-do the diff clamps to keep the links in the same place?

-Mike
Not sure if they'll fit, but the flat section of the T4's where the ball studs go are definitely lower than the T3 items by 2mm
Old 03-14-2013, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Sounds like T4 it is. Thanks
Old 03-14-2013, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I got a team Orion r10 pro to go with my t4 was wondering using could provide a set up for a 13.5?
Old 03-14-2013, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigz84
different part number, so i think they are a tad different.
Originally Posted by Skiddins
Not sure if they'll fit, but the flat section of the T4's where the ball studs go are definitely lower than the T3 items by 2mm
Thanks guys. I don't have either car. Was just curious since the narrow bulkhead question came up, and I didn't remember reading anything about that particular detail, other than the height, before.

-Mike
Old 03-14-2013, 11:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Guys you think I should get 4 scales or just use tweak board like the Hudy?
Old 03-15-2013, 12:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cyba888
Guys you think I should get 4 scales or just use tweak board like the Hudy?
I use one scale and measure the back and front separatly, putting the wheels I do not measure on something that is equal height to the scale (3 racing car stand happen to be the same height as my scale..), and make sure I put the wheels on the same spots when I turn it around. For side to side I use the Hudy tool but there is better ways I think.
Lastly I use the Hudy tweak board, it is great!

The front / back and side to side you only need to do if you rebuild smth that may affect the weight balance of the car, tweak you should check all the time.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the info but if I want to balance the car wouldn't 4 scales be easier or am I able to get same results with hudy tweak board
Old 03-16-2013, 03:06 AM
Tech Regular

Hello all.

im new to TC so what will i need to have of spare parts from the beginning?

and what

spare parts/up grats is just nice to have?

best regards.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cyba888
Thanks for the info but if I want to balance the car wouldn't 4 scales be easier or am I able to get same results with hudy tweak board
Provided that you have made the side to side weight balance before you use the scales maybe it would work, but it seems just too troublesome to carry those around? I am sure the tweak board is good enough.. it is pretty sensitive.

Need to add that I never tried using 4 scales, so if anyone that actually has can add smth it would be good.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Only plan on using the scales at home before I head out to the track so it should be fine
Old 03-16-2013, 05:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Only plan on using the scales at home before I head out to the track so it should be fine
Old 03-16-2013, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by yunowill
\

I got the 2.5 springs on order ... I was going to try and leave kit springs in the rear with 2.5 springs in the front instead of the kit spring ( 2.7 ) .....

I can try the 2.5's all the way around ... Or what do you think about having 2.5's up front and putting the 2.7's in the rear ?

Thanks for the help
Will,
Never tried 2.5 front springs with the stock rears. But I did try 2.7 front and 2.5 rear. That's nice to drive but the car pushes a little in when driving mod. Although when the grip is very low at our track, I drive with these springs. This makes me driving it a little slower in the corners but it makes me more consistent. When the grip comes up after 1 or 2 quali's, I switch to 2.5 front and rear to benefit from the extra steering.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by martinskarin
Posted this at Xray forums but post it here as well..

As we started to practice outdoors the last week the track is very different from the smaller indoor track we have. This track is very large with no real hairpins or very sharp corners, there are big curbs that is possible to attack without rolling over or crashing. I was searching for set-up for a while and went pretty soft due to dirty track but soon figured out that a harder car was much more stable and consistent and rotated better in the corners and I got the lap time down pretty much.

However I still have one main issue that slows me down compared to others and that is the high speed corner after the long straight, I can go full throttle (5,5FDR, 13,5 medium boosted) but the steering is not really enough and it is very dangerous to try it since I cannot hit the curb there because of the speed and need to stay a little safe from cutting the corner too hard. What can I do to get some more steering here to be able to go on full thottle though this corner in a controlled way?

My set-up is pretty much according to the asphalt standard setup sheet apart from the harder progressive springs in the back. I also removed the screws from the top-deck at the layshaft bulkhead and felt I got more traction in total all over the track. Tires is Team Powers 32 and that will be the tires used for most races this year it seems.

The second question is, how to think when searching for improvements on such a large track, is a stiffer car generally better in this high speed conidtions? I am more used to carpet tracks from Sweden and not to large outdoor asphalt tracks so this is a bit new to me.

Things I want to try next week is
More camber in the front
Two piece suspension holder in the front
450cst shock oil
Stiffer roll bars front and back
2000cst diff oil

Is this reasonable changes to try out? What else can I try?

Thank you!
Do you have ecs driveshafts installed in your car? I find these drastically increase the corner speed of the car. Also try the 1 hole rear hubs, these tend to suit large open tracks very well.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morgoth
Never tried 2.5 front springs with the stock rears. But I did try 2.7 front and 2.5 rear. That's nice to drive but the car pushes a little in when driving mod. Although when the grip is very low at our track, I drive with these springs. This makes me driving it a little slower in the corners but it makes me more consistent. When the grip comes up after 1 or 2 quali's, I switch to 2.5 front and rear to benefit from the extra steering.
I tried 2.5 and 2.3-2.6 rear running stock and it wasnt very good. I haven't tried it in mod, but I doubt it would be very good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.