Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I need help being talked into or out of buying a T4. Right now I use a T2 09 in 17.5 w/ a exotek chassis and a stock T2 09 for VTA. I would like to upgrade the chassis for 17.5 but don't know if I should go with a used T3 12 or go new with the T4. Both of my T2's treat me well and among the top 2 every week. What am I going to get out of the latest and greatest. Please help as I have money burning a whole in my pocket.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R Dodge
Well then, learn something new every day!

So what feel are you looking for out of your diff? What surface & grip level is your track?
i tried 1000 weight associated diff oil then i tried 1500 as well, the car feels unstable on my track with the gear diff, i had this same issue with my t3'12 and the ball diff really made a huge difference on my track, we run on carpet thats low to med grip
Old 12-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcnickv
would it fit if you removed the cover on the side of the diff?
no it won't, it almost seems to be sitting a few mm off centre no matter what you try to do.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

RSD066 RSD XRAY/ SPEC R R1 HARD ANODIZED 7075 T6 ALUMINUM SPOOL CUP (1 PC)
These Hard Anodized 7075 T6 Aluminum Spool Cups were designed to be used with Plastic Blades on your XRAY or Spec R Touring Car front Spool. Due to the material these spool cups are nearly as light as plastic spool cups, but are more durable and much stronger.

These spool cups are ideal for stock racing and they also provide increased life of your front blades due to its larger diameter construction.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

^ Looks like the ones hanulec makes, but without the dimples on the cups.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bozzplayer
i tried 1000 weight associated diff oil then i tried 1500 as well, the car feels unstable on my track with the gear diff, i had this same issue with my t3'12 and the ball diff really made a huge difference on my track, we run on carpet thats low to med grip
I noticed the same thing on the 12 but try running the rear belt looser and front belt tighter, it makes it feel more like a ball diff.

Bb
Old 12-04-2012, 01:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i'm in the process of the build and having trouble setting the rear stabliser. When I'm lifting the rear arms on one side all works well ie. the other arm rises, but when I go to the opposite side, it fails to rise. I've check and recheck the downstops, check for binding and I'm basically at a loss as to why I can't get each side to rise as intented.

What am I missing, what can re-check to ensure I have right, as I'm at that stage where I'm at a lost.

appreciate any suggestions.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bucketboy
I noticed the same thing on the 12 but try running the rear belt looser and front belt tighter, it makes it feel more like a ball diff.

Bb
I received the same advice while racing on Sunday (to do with handling, ball diff's weren't mentioned) and my car was a bit easier to drive once I had tightened the front belt and loosened the rear.

I was told that due to the extra length of the front belt, it takes longer to tighten up on power so you initially get rear drive fractionally sooner.

Skiddins
Old 12-04-2012, 01:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aussierevo
i'm in the process of the build and having trouble setting the rear stabliser. When I'm lifting the rear arms on one side all works well ie. the other arm rises, but when I go to the opposite side, it fails to rise. I've check and recheck the downstops, check for binding and I'm basically at a loss as to why I can't get each side to rise as intented.

What am I missing, what can re-check to ensure I have right, as I'm at that stage where I'm at a lost.

appreciate any suggestions.
Is the problem with the left side not rising?
You might find that the front pivot block mount on the rear is very slightly twisted as you screw it down. Hold it in position with some pliers or a 5mm spanner (it needs to point slightly inwards at the front).

Skiddins
Old 12-04-2012, 02:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CristianTabush

RSD066 RSD XRAY/ SPEC R R1 HARD ANODIZED 7075 T6 ALUMINUM SPOOL CUP (1 PC)
These Hard Anodized 7075 T6 Aluminum Spool Cups were designed to be used with Plastic Blades on your XRAY or Spec R Touring Car front Spool. Due to the material these spool cups are nearly as light as plastic spool cups, but are more durable and much stronger.

These spool cups are ideal for stock racing and they also provide increased life of your front blades due to its larger diameter construction.
Where can I order some from to go to the UK?
Old 12-04-2012, 04:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Is the problem with the left side not rising?
You might find that the front pivot block mount on the rear is very slightly twisted as you screw it down. Hold it in position with some pliers or a 5mm spanner (it needs to point slightly inwards at the front).

Skiddins
thanks for the information. appreciated.

i've given that a go, pulled apart and redone...no luck. it appears as it should with it slighty inwards.

I'll need to take a breather and take a look with fresh eyes as somethings is amiss and it's driving me nuts.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i've given that a go, pulled apart and redone...no luck. it appears as it should with it slighty inwards.

I'll need to take a breather and take a look with fresh eyes as somethings is amiss and it's driving me nuts.
I'm having the same issue.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy w
I need help being talked into or out of buying a T4. Right now I use a T2 09 in 17.5 w/ a exotek chassis and a stock T2 09 for VTA. I would like to upgrade the chassis for 17.5 but don't know if I should go with a used T3 12 or go new with the T4. Both of my T2's treat me well and among the top 2 every week. What am I going to get out of the latest and greatest. Please help as I have money burning a whole in my pocket.
if its not broke dont try and fix it sounds like you are doing ok
Old 12-04-2012, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sean B.
I'm having the same issue.
It always happens on the left as the 'twist' is in the direction of rotation of the screw as you tighten it.
The right side also does the same, but because you actually want that small amount of twist to allow for toe-in, it doesn't matter.

Have you also checked that the pivot pin is not sticking at all inside the wishbone?
Old 12-04-2012, 07:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Looking to get back into onroad.Its been 5+ years.lol
I'm looking to maybe get a T4.
It seems from what everyone has been posting,the car in kit form is real easy to drive?
What body is everyone using?what should I get?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.