Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerz616
I think this was talked about but I can't find the answer I was looking for. I am guessing the ESC from '12 will work on my T4 when I get it, but what about other brands aside of X-ray make decent ones. Anyone use the spec r? I'm guessing the v2 is better then the older ones I obliterated in my '11. Or do we not even need them with the new car.
I think the same ECS is used for the T4 as is used for the T3.

I ran my T4 with you yesterday with the stock drives. I also ran the stock drives in my T3 as well.

But... I think I will put in a set of the ECS's in the T4 this round.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Just finished building mine. As usual with Xray kits this one went together perfectly. No issues whatsoever. Now just to get the electronics put in, body painted, and get it on the track for some Thursday racing. Can't wait to see how it does.
Oh crap. Now I am done. I have little chance of keeping up with you now.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
Man that's sad news. If there's a problem people need to come out so that it can be corrected. Thanks for being honest porsche over fanboyism.

Anyone run the Spec R V2 ecs? Wondering how when they hold up compared to the Xray ones.
The spec r v2 ecs's are a good design however, as with the cso units, the drive shafts seem slightly smaller in diameter. For me there's too much slop. JMO
Old 11-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VetteintheVeins
Oh crap. Now I am done. I have little chance of keeping up with you now.
Which car? In sedan or VTA? I haven't figured out what everyone's screen name is.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

I see almost all of the set up sheets on the Xray site seem to have the rear diff in the up position not like the basic carpet set up.
What are the handling differences/ advantages?
I just got my car and have no time to test, want to show up with the best starting set up.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by samnelso
Personally, I don't run the ESCs.
You got last place at IIC right? I plan to run standard axles in my t4, if you can do that well without them at IIC I think I'll be ok at the club level without spending the extra $100 for the ecs.

Last edited by whiteflagwar; 11-04-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whiteflagwar
You got last place at IIC right? I plan to run standard axles in my t4, if you can do that well without them at IIC I think I'll be ok at the club level without spending the extra $100 for the ecs.
In a few weeks RSD will have a lower cost alternative that I like a lot. Not that ECS are absolutely necessary, but I much prefer the way the car works with them.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
In a few weeks RSD will have a lower cost alternative that I like a lot. Not that ECS are absolutely necessary, but I much prefer the way the car works with them.
What about Bladders for the new shocks? Just asking...
Old 11-05-2012, 02:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by porsche928gs
Yes, I've stripped 3 already. I wished they'll come up with a safety to prevent the motor from sliding in case on a heavy hit. I didn't crashed any harder than with my 009. Never happened with my. T2 009.
You're the first person I know that has had a problem stripping gears.

I know of a couple that had the front bumper screws pull through the chassis due to the new design of bumper not 'meeting' the bulkheads, but no-one with spur problems.

Skiddins
Old 11-05-2012, 06:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Not that ECS are absolutely necessary, but I much prefer the way the car works with them.
I'm sure in mod every little bit helps. Did you run ecs' when you were running 17.5? I'm just curious if you notice the difference as much in a slower class? Also, you and I are the only ones running P37's, anybody ever tell you that you are crazy for running this body? Everyone seems to think its the worst body out there.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Which car? In sedan or VTA? I haven't figured out what everyone's screen name is.
VTA , Red 68 Camaro with Silver stripes.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whiteflagwar
I'm sure in mod every little bit helps. Did you run ecs' when you were running 17.5? I'm just curious if you notice the difference as much in a slower class? Also, you and I are the only ones running P37's, anybody ever tell you that you are crazy for running this body? Everyone seems to think its the worst body out there.
I know racers who run the regular drive shafts in mod because they bind up and help to slow the car down, around here you will see everyone running fast in spec classes run ecs because the drivetrain runs smoother. The car just feels better at full lock with them, I have been running the spec r v2s lately and they are holding up the best for me, I did change the pins though, the stock ones are not great.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
I know racers who run the regular drive shafts in mod because they bind up and help to slow the car down, around here you will see everyone running fast in spec classes run ecs because the drivetrain runs smoother. The car just feels better at full lock with them, I have been running the spec r v2s lately and they are holding up the best for me, I did change the pins though, the stock ones are not great.
What problem did u have with the stock one? What pins did you change to?
Old 11-05-2012, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Skiddins
You're the first person I know that has had a problem stripping gears.

I know of a couple that had the front bumper screws pull through the chassis due to the new design of bumper not 'meeting' the bulkheads, but no-one with spur problems.

Skiddins
Well, I run 64p gears. Only takes less than a millimeter of the motor shifting to ruin a spur. Maybe I should put friction washers under the screws that hold the motor. I can send you a pic of the flat spot on them if you still can't believe it. I'm not a hack either, I'm not Paul Lemeiux but I'm being racing R/C's since 1984. That's the only part I've had to replace on this car. Everything else is solid in this car, believe me I think this is definitely their best work yet. This doesn't mean there's not room for improvement to make it better. I already sent my observations and suggestions to Xray on this matter.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MikeXray
This makes sense. Mod could require a lot more steering than stock, making ECSs essential.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.