Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

[QUOTE=artwork;11299818]
Good drivers will figure out a way to go fast regardless of what car they are driving. If you think a T4 will make you a better driver then I have sad news for you, because that is not how it works.

Everyone is just getting impatient, there is no need to get a new car until you know what your car can't do that you want it to, or you are faster than the car is. All cars have natural tendancies My t3'12 stable, consistent predictable my xr3 12 more aggressive My s411 turns better naturally. I can adjust all three cars to drive very similar but I will almost always drive the one most suited for the conditions.
No doubt the T4 will have different native characteristics than the t3 12' however most of us will not be able to take full advantage because of our limitations in ability.
Artwork said it best.

QUOTE]

Originally Posted by trigger
There's no way to please everybody. It's like asking Subaru to make a non boxer style engine. .
If it is the noise you don't like. buy equal length headers
Personally I love the Platform Fast on the cheaper side
sorry off topic post.....

Last edited by rdlkgliders; 10-08-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rdlkgliders
Originally Posted by artwork
. Good drivers will figure out a way to go fast regardless of what car they are driving. If you think a T4 will make you a better driver then I have sad news for you, because that is not how it works.
Everyone is just getting impatient, there is no need to get a new car until you know what your car can't do that you want it to, or you are faster than the car is. All cars have natural tendancies My t3'12 stable, consistent predictable my xr3 12 more aggressive My s411 turns better naturally. I can adjust all three cars to drive very similar but I will almost always drive the one most suited for the conditions.
No doubt the T4 will have different native characteristics than the t3 12' however most of us will not be able to take full advantage because of our limitations in ability.
Artwork said it best.

by equal length headers if it is the noise you don't like.
Personally I love the Platform Fast on the cheaper side
sorry off topic .....
Never, never, never tell your friend you can sell him a pair of Hookers for $150.00 in a public smoking area. I was talking about Hooker Big Block fender well conversion headers for a small block 69 Camaro that my friend was converting to an IHRA Big Block 1/8th mile car. The receptionist who was also smoking a cigarette took it as a while other meaning and the HR conversation was "interesting" to say the least.

Now back on topic, since I run VTA, I may pick up a T3 cheap as everyone rushes to buy the latest and greatest but my T2R Pro composite special (has parts from both T2s & T3s from '007 to '012) is doing just fine right now.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
have you measured 25 degrees of throw yet on your current car? I can pretty much promise you that no one uses that much throw anyway and more than that is not necessary at all. 95% of people out there cut their dual rate down to be able to drive their cars anyway.

EA
lol, all these throw rate explanations. Thanks guys,but I would rather adjust my duel rate than be limited by design. I understand tire scrub, but I want my steering in case I need to get out of trouble. If you race on a small tight track then I want the option to have max steering. The claim Xray makes for the steering seems more like an excuse for a design limitation. Why not just put a governor on my car. lol In all seriousness though why does Xray think I can't set my own steering throw?
Old 10-08-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Adrian the 25degree comment was a joke. lol My point was it would "appear" the chassis is a stiff one. Personally I would rather have options to make it stiffer. If we ever do get pivot ball blocks, I would like to be able to run my upper deck.

Originally Posted by AdrianM
You are confusing grip/steering with steering throw. If you are not getting around a corner with 25* of steering throw its not going to get around with 35* of throw and if it does you will be loosing so much corner speed from the massive tire scrub you wont be very fast.

You want to get the car to have lots of grip and steering so you can reduce your steering throw with your dual rate (often to less than 25*). This reduces tire slip/scrub and improves corner speed.

This comes through setup changes. Shock angles, springs, oil, roll centers, camber link angles/camber gain, sway bars, droop, down stops and even chassis flex.

Leaving out screws and split suspension mounts are small changes compared to other things like setting changes. It sounds like they were really close on the setup and wanted some subtle tweaks to get more speed.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Everybody should get the opportunity to go to a big race, build a brand new kit, run it twice in 14 hours and then try to beat Ronald Volker.
Sorry, but the law of contradiction would apply here. "Following thousands hours of track-testing with the factory team around the world
and thousands of hours in R&D and prototyping have resulted into an outstanding
racing car, a masterpiece manufactured and machined in-house in Europe, with the extreme
precision you would expect from XRAY. I am very proud to present you the all-new T4.”

Martin Hudy
XRAY T4 designer

I don't mean to be down on some of the design features, as I'm sure the car will be good. Only time in the hands of racers will be the true test.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Everybody should get the opportunity to go to a big race, build a brand new kit, run it twice in 14 hours and then try to beat Ronald Volker.
RCTech needs a "like" button. Volker has been on fire all year long. His luck has been terrible.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
Sorry, but the law of contradiction would apply here. "Following thousands hours of track-testing with the factory team around the world
racing car, a masterpiece manufactured and machined in-house in Europe, with the extreme
precision you would expect from XRAY. I am very proud to present you the all-new T4.”

Martin Hudy
XRAY T4 designer

I don't mean to be down on some of the design features, as I'm sure the car will be good. Only time in the hands of racers will be the true test.
You keep spewing nonsense that only proves your experience does not exist past the VTA b main. I was at the race, I know how the traction was and how people struggled to get their setup dialed in with cars they already had big race setups for. There is very limited track time and since it is heat based, you can't go out with a change, find out it doesn't work and go right out again with another change, no you waited 7 hours until your class was up again to try that change, on a track that now had much more grip. There were other very good drivers with new cars who were in the B main, Paul's car looked good in the main, he was making up time, but ended up damaged. (IIC boards are SOLID, the entry to the sweeper ejected cars on a regular basis).
Old 10-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
You keep spewing nonsense that only proves your experience does not exist past the VTA b main.

+1 agreed by a factor of a 100.

Why 0 Why?? do you guys even entertain the Self-elected Dictator of Design comments?

I for one have my car on pre-order and am super amped to be getting my car.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

lol, all these throw rate explanations. Thanks guys,but I would rather adjust my duel rate than be limited by design. I understand tire scrub, but I want my steering in case I need to get out of trouble. If you race on a small tight track then I want the option to have max steering. The claim Xray makes for the steering seems more like an excuse for a design limitation. Why not just put a governor on my car. lol In all seriousness though why does Xray think I can't set my own steering throw?
What type of car would you want right now? I'll buy you the car of your choice if you will never visit this thread or post your obnoxious post again.

All you do is doubt everything, dont believe anything anyone tells you and think you know everything. Your "That guy" that comes to a Pro driver, ask for help and when he tells you what to do you laugh and say it wont work. You input no valuable information at all that Ive seen. Time for the ignore button....

EA
Old 10-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

What type of car would you want right now? I'll buy you the car of your choice if you will never visit this thread or post your obnoxious post again.

All you do is doubt everything, dont believe anything anyone tells you and think you know everything. Your "That guy" that comes to a Pro driver, ask for help and when he tells you what to do you laugh and say it wont work. You input no valuable information at all that Ive seen. Time for the ignore button....

EA
Very well said Eric.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by olhipster1

+1 agreed by a factor of a 100.

Why 0 Why?? do you guys even entertain the Self-elected Dictator of Design comments?

I for one have my car on pre-order and am super amped to be getting my car.
Need someone to drive that car for you Orlando?
Old 10-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Martin Hudy
XRAY T4 designer

Yeah, sorry, move me over to the personal attack column. You're a dolt.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

EA
1. Someone make EA a moderator...right now!
2. Where's this Ignore Button?

You are Da Man for saying what everyone was thinking....
Old 10-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

LOL, my old BMW E30 has more steering angle than my Honda S2000. Damn, my S2000 is limited by design!!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan
LOL, my old BMW E30 has more steering angle than my Honda S2000. Damn, my S2000 is limited by design!!
Most road cars have more steering angle than f1's at Monaco, f1's are limited by design and perform worse than road cars.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.