R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-28-2012, 11:50 PM   #121
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,512
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niemand View Post
They finally did it!
Aluminum shocks included in the kit

Can someone tell me what "composite hubs for bulkhead" are?

Regards
I was wondering that, too. Only things I can think of could be the eccentrics or hinge pin holders.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:14 AM   #122
Tech Elite
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,763
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
I was wondering that, too. Only things I can think of could be the eccentrics or hinge pin holders.

-Mike
I'm pretty certain it is the eccentrics. I believe the narrower bulkheads require different eccentrics to fit the diff and spool.
__________________
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"[Driving] Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration" -T.A. Edison
|◤Hobbywing◢|◤SpeedzoneUSA.com◢|◤Pro-One◢|
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:06 AM   #123
Tech Elite
 
RCknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,270
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJS414 View Post
New lower suspension holder:

Hope this is the Tamiya, Yokomo, HB type suspension block system with steel ball. If it is still like their old concept I don't think T4 will be a winner.
:O
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:52 AM   #124
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
I was wondering that, too. Only things I can think of could be the eccentrics or hinge pin holders.

-Mike
That would have been my first guess, too.
But I'm not 100% sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
I'm pretty certain it is the eccentrics. I believe the narrower bulkheads require different eccentrics to fit the diff and spool.
Would be great if the diff and spool stayed the same. That way I could keep using my second gear diff from my T3.

Regards
niemand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:31 AM   #125
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJS414 View Post
New lower suspension holder:

Hope this is the Tamiya, Yokomo, HB type suspension block system with steel ball. If it is still like their old concept I don't think T4 will be a winner.
They won't be the same as the cars you mentioned, just a variance on what they use now.

P.S. THe Xray cars are already winners.
__________________
Xray T4'16, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2016
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:56 AM   #126
Tech Master
 
heretic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: europe
Posts: 1,060
Default

I reallly like their usual hinge pin holding system. Not sure why everyone wants holders la Tamiya ?

And yes, in my experience xray cars are super tough ,and well worth their price.
I feel they also are the best handling cars out-of -the box, for the average racer.
__________________
I love wedge bodies. I love dish wheels.
heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:28 AM   #127
Tech Elite
 
RCknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,270
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

They are a pain compared to the other system. I would rather buy more toe blocks than dig around looking for the right pieces. The time it took finding the parts, pre assemble them, checking rear toe then install them, shim them more with washers was a time killer. That all could have been more practice laps or something. I hope the new system has far less parts and able to use a shim system that's open on one end like these. http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=964&id=6307



Quote:
Originally Posted by heretic View Post
I reallly like their usual hinge pin holding system. Not sure why everyone wants holders la Tamiya ?

And yes, in my experience xray cars are super tough ,and well worth their price.
I feel they also are the best handling cars out-of -the box, for the average racer.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:54 AM   #128
Tech Elite
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,335
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
They are a pain compared to the other system. I would rather buy more toe blocks than dig around looking for the right pieces. The time it took finding the parts, pre assemble them, checking rear toe then install them, shim them more with washers was a time killer. That all could have been more practice laps or something. I hope the new system has far less parts and able to use a shim system that's open on one end like these. http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=964&id=6307
You can already do the same with the current system.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:55 AM   #129
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Grand Haven, MI
Posts: 677
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
They are a pain compared to the other system. I would rather buy more toe blocks than dig around looking for the right pieces. The time it took finding the parts, pre assemble them, checking rear toe then install them, shim them more with washers was a time killer. That all could have been more practice laps or something. I hope the new system has far less parts and able to use a shim system that's open on one end like these. http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=964&id=6307

How many times per race day do you change your rear toe?
Sean B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:23 AM   #130
Tech Adept
 
bucknuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 211
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I like the current system because you can have different toe on each side, so I can get all those RH turns really fast. That's the weakness of the centered toe setup cars!
bucknuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:10 AM   #131
Tech Regular
 
rdlkgliders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: So. Cal High Desert Hobbies
Posts: 458
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

More block talk ? yes the curent xray system works just fine but no it is not the gold standard like tamiya, serpent, yokomo...........
However I am sure it wont cost you a win
__________________
Serpent, KO Propo, Viper, Savox, ProTek
Team Waldorf Racing

Your not lapping me, you just caught up to me again!!!
rdlkgliders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:10 AM   #132
Tech Master
 
theatriks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,619
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

This is my favorite quote from the BD7 thread....




How do you convert the bd7 to run the X-ray c hubs and steering blocks? That's going to be my only option for this weekend.
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:12 AM   #133
Tech Elite
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,425
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
This is my favorite quote from the BD7 thread....




How do you convert the bd7 to run the X-ray c hubs and steering blocks? That's going to be my only option for this weekend.
While it is funny this is also taken out of context posted here.

They stripped the kingpin area and were down the last hub.
which once again brings me to the next point of quality and strentgh to all those who complain about pricing.
__________________
Mod Touring Car
Mod 12th
Nitro TC
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:49 AM   #134
Tech Master
 
theatriks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,619
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
While it is funny this is also taken out of context posted here.

They stripped the kingpin area and were down the last hub.
which once again brings me to the next point of quality and strentgh to all those who complain about pricing.
Im just teasing ...im sure the bd7 has a great feel but yes thats why i have no problem shelling out money on an xray because you need very little spares
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:54 AM   #135
Tech Elite
 
M-Technic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 2,562
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJS414 View Post
New lower suspension holder:

Hope this is the Tamiya, Yokomo, HB type suspension block system with steel ball. If it is still like their old concept I don't think T4 will be a winner.
What makes Tamiya style blocks better or faster?
__________________
RCAmerica | Xray | Hudy | Radiopost | Speed Passion USA | Trinity | P3 Graphics
M-Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xray T3 2012 rasta_man Electric On-Road 4220 11-09-2016 02:45 PM
RC10B4/T4 Forum DerekL Electric Off-Road 14331 01-01-2016 03:18 PM
****HUGE AE T4 TRUCK TIRE SALE *** CRCDUDE R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 08-23-2010 09:55 AM


Tags
xray t4


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:22 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0