R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #1291
Tech Elite
 
bvoltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bedtime with Teddi
Posts: 3,635
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Hope you find this helpful...

Attached is shows the largest possible 64P pinion that will fit on the T4. In some cases you will need to use a Ball End to get to the motor screws.

Your other option is to put the gear on after installation of the motor, which is my personal preferred method.
Attached Thumbnails
The New Xray T4 '13-t4-gearing.jpg  
__________________
Wheeling an Xray T4 and T4 14 using a Ko Propo, powered by EA motors and Speed Passion Speedo, paid for by my wife.

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:09 PM   #1292
Tech Regular
 
bozzplayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: canada
Posts: 263
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys, so i started the build on my new t4, and am loving it so far, just had a very small issue with the parts in the the bag, I'm missing 1 of the hats that go into the c-hub (the smaller hat) and also i am missing 1 shim that goes behind the satellite gears in the gear diff (#964031), was wondering if anybody else had any issues with small missing parts, I'm lucky that i have a bunch of extra parts from my t3 12 or else i would be fiddling with my thumbs waiting for these little parts.
bozzplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #1293
Tech Elite
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,335
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozzplayer View Post
Hey guys, so i started the build on my new t4, and am loving it so far, just had a very small issue with the parts in the the bag, I'm missing 1 of the hats that go into the c-hub (the smaller hat) and also i am missing 1 shim that goes behind the satellite gears in the gear diff (#964031), was wondering if anybody else had any issues with small missing parts, I'm lucky that i have a bunch of extra parts from my t3 12 or else i would be fiddling with my thumbs waiting for these little parts.
I thought I lost one of the hats as well, but it was stuck on one of the parts tree.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #1294
Tech Regular
 
bozzplayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: canada
Posts: 263
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcone View Post
I thought I lost one of the hats as well, but it was stuck on one of the parts tree.
ya, no such luck for me
bozzplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:09 PM   #1295
Tech Adept
 
Nico''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 166
Default

Hi,

Do you know please when optional anti-roll bars will be available please?
( and 2,3 and 2,9 springs please?)

Thanks,

Nico'
Nico' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:34 PM   #1296
Tech Fanatic
 
trigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 966
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I too thought I was missing the washer that goes behind the satellite gear but found it stuck to another washer. My kit was luckily 100% compete.
__________________
Minh Nguyen-FD
[Hobby Authority Distribution][Maclan Racing][Xpert]
trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:05 AM   #1297
Dan
Tech Elite
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 4,193
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Missing one M3x8 flathead screw. No biggie....all I have left now are to do the shocks.

This is the first time I've built an Xray brand new. Its coming together really solid. Will definitely be much harder for me to goto a lesser quality car.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:49 AM   #1298
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 76
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Only issue I had was one of the rear arm hinge pins slightly bent making the arm a little stiff. Will have to look at replacing at some stage.

I find the pinion grub screw hard to get to; the hole doesn't line up with the screw and the top deck gets in the way.
__________________
He who dies with the most toys wins, if it's a tie, then it's he with the best.
sjh28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:22 AM   #1299
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjh28 View Post
Only issue I had was one of the rear arm hinge pins slightly bent making the arm a little stiff. Will have to look at replacing at some stage.

I find the pinion grub screw hard to get to; the hole doesn't line up with the screw and the top deck gets in the way.
Are you absolutely sure the pins were bent, one of the arms I had was a bit stiff on the pin so I reamed it out, too a while but worked fine.
If you're unsure about a pin, roll it across a dead flat surface, if it 'bobbles' it's bent.
__________________
Xray T4'16, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2016
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:00 AM   #1300
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 8,864
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
EA where is ur set up compaired to Andrews? Sunday I will still be roling my T3 but hopefully by next race day I can be converted into my T4
Justin

I am not sure. I haven't looked at his or written mine down yet. I am out of town this weekend and will be back next. Dirla wasn't there last week to give your motor too. I can ship it when I get home or bring it next week.

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | Apex RC | ProSpec America | Killer Concepts | AVID | Futaba.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #1301
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,527
Default

Some more racing tonight at Newbury in the UK.

In practice tried 2.7 rear springs so I had the same at both ends. This did increase initial steering and made the car more aggressive, but it resulted in the rear breaking loose if you weren't smooth (virtually how my T3'12 was)

Went back to progressive springs.

Next up, more bump steer. I got a former national winning driver to try my car and he said it had lot of initial but lacked mid.
So I added 1mm of bump steer which helped mid corner, added another 1mm for the final so I ended up running 3mm bump steer.

Also tried a gear diff with 2000cSt instead of 1000cSt.

Although the 2000cSt diff didn't appear much faster, 0.02 etc, it did make the car feel more consistent so I was able to stay closer to my fastest laps more often.

So by the end of the evening had kit carpet setup except; 3mm bump steer, 2000cSt in diff and the rear shocks were in the top hole. LTC-R body.

Car felt very good, got my fastest lap to within 0.25s of our 5 times BRCA national champion Chris Grainger's fastest (which is superb by my standards )

Hopefully they'll put the video's up tomorrow so I'll link to it so you can see the results of the changes
__________________
Xray T4'16, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2016
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #1302
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Some more racing tonight at Newbury in the UK.

In practice tried 2.7 rear springs so I had the same at both ends. This did increase initial steering and made the car more aggressive, but it resulted in the rear breaking loose if you weren't smooth (virtually how my T3'12 was)

Went back to progressive springs.

Next up, more bump steer. I got a former national winning driver to try my car and he said it had lot of initial but lacked mid.
So I added 1mm of bump steer which helped mid corner, added another 1mm for the final so I ended up running 3mm bump steer.

Also tried a gear diff with 2000cSt instead of 1000cSt.

Although the 2000cSt diff didn't appear much faster, 0.02 etc, it did make the car feel more consistent so I was able to stay closer to my fastest laps more often.

So by the end of the evening had kit carpet setup except; 3mm bump steer, 2000cSt in diff and the rear shocks were in the top hole. LTC-R body.

Car felt very good, got my fastest lap to within 0.25s of our 5 times BRCA national champion Chris Grainger's fastest (which is superb by my standards )

Hopefully they'll put the video's up tomorrow so I'll link to it so you can see the results of the changes
Hi Skiddins,
Did you use the kit 350 shock oil and roll centre positions ??
__________________
XRAY T4 Hobbywing V3 Sanwa
FLAT OUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #1303
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 76
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Are you absolutely sure the pins were bent, one of the arms I had was a bit stiff on the pin so I reamed it out, too a while but worked fine.
If you're unsure about a pin, roll it across a dead flat surface, if it 'bobbles' it's bent.
That's exactly what I did to confirm it is bent. The arm moves free until the blocks are tightened, I tried reaming the arm but the reamer is like a d*ck in a bucket.
__________________
He who dies with the most toys wins, if it's a tie, then it's he with the best.
sjh28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:28 PM   #1304
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.k.vmatt View Post
The new t4 is narrower
This is incorrect BTW.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #1305
Regional Moderator
 
CarbonJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjh28 View Post
That's exactly what I did to confirm it is bent. The arm moves free until the blocks are tightened, I tried reaming the arm but the reamer is like a d*ck in a bucket.
Loosen the screws for the hinge pin holders, push the arm towards the hinge pin holder and tighten it. Then press the arm towards the other hinge pin holder and tighten it.This prevents the hinge pin holders from tweaking when you tighten them, making them square to the arm. Result: arms move freely.
__________________
*** The Gate - Celebrating 7 years at the same location ***
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xray T3 2012 rasta_man Electric On-Road 4220 11-09-2016 02:45 PM
RC10B4/T4 Forum DerekL Electric Off-Road 14331 01-01-2016 03:18 PM
****HUGE AE T4 TRUCK TIRE SALE *** CRCDUDE R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 08-23-2010 09:55 AM


Tags
xray t4


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:48 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0