R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-24-2012, 05:45 AM   #976
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
Naa..it's more of a perfectionist and logic thing with me. It's all good, but when I think logic design I first would think, mount the heaviest part of the steering components being the optional aluminum steering arms low as possible, thus reducing weight by making the steering posts shorter, putting the rack higher, thus not needing three shims, making easier access to the rack screws from above, and not limiting the steering throw.
The Alumn arms are thinner and will give you full lock (another 4 degrees) of steering. Thats why you see them on Hagberg and Lemieux's cars.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:14 AM   #977
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
No, I don't want to buy rubber hex wrenches, a padded pit table and bubble wrap my car.
Lol. Graphite steering blocks and the car is plenty durable.
B00t13g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #978
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgoth View Post
Short, low front link and a long rear link. I tried the short front link and my car had too much roll in the front. The rearend was less predictable and my overal steering increased a little imo. The car was more stable with the medium front link. And after adding a 0.5mm link, the frontend was a bit calmer. I could push the car pretty hard and it was fast in the chicanes.

I should have tried a 2mm shim on the rearbulkhead, but 1mm was also great
I went to an other track yesterday and drove 2-3 lipo's to get used to the track and then started testing with the rear shims. I started with 1mm in the rear cause that's what's I drove last sunday on my hometrack.

The car aggressive but stable. Then I switched to a 2mm shim and the car was a lot calmer, but stable and consistent. The rear broke out more suddenly and had less mid corner and exit steering. I didn't like it. Afterwards I tried a 1.5mm shim and that was better. I hadn't had a lot time so I could't tried 1mm against 1.5mm, but 2mm was horrible (Ride 32 tires)

Anyway, I'm going to another track on sunday. Unfortuatly all small tracks with a lot of traffic My hometrack (big and fast) is open every 2-3 weeks on sunday
Old 10-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #979
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam9 View Post
And more then half is nonsense and people whining about not getting the car yet. To get to the gold posts I have to dig through all the crap posts. Just wait god damn it...
Maybe you should stay off the forums, its going to happen to any new car thread.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #980
Tech Apprentice

Xray hv good design but t4 is a copy of 417......more pissing me off is the new 417 v5 and the t4 is almost the zame. Not surs who copied who...

All i can say about the t4 is the motor is fragile and can eat the spur when the chasis tewak.
Ser o mount so stupid...over hanging??? I just wonder how stable the servo can be at hig torque i sure it would deflect.
Saying that 417 v5 also having over hanging servo....mann.....
grauco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #981
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Two cars couldn't feel more different on the track than the XRay and Tamiya. It doesn't matter where the ideas come from, the driving experience is remarkably different. That's what matters, not who looks like what.

Also, the motor mount seems more like a BD7 than anything. That's the only other car I've seen where the left pulley is flush with the outside of the motor mount.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #982
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Maybe you should stay off the forums, its going to happen to any new car thread.
How about you stay off the forum and we will get less crap?
Old 10-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #983
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam9 View Post
How about you stay off the forum and we will get less crap?
What's up with your hostility? There are a few of us that haven't recieved our kits yet and just curious where they have been shipped to. You should take a chill pill or something.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #984
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by grauco View Post
Xray hv good design but t4 is a copy of 417......more pissing me off is the new 417 v5 and the t4 is almost the zame. Not surs who copied who...

All i can say about the t4 is the motor is fragile and can eat the spur when the chasis tewak.
Ser o mount so stupid...over hanging??? I just wonder how stable the servo can be at hig torque i sure it would deflect.
Saying that 417 v5 also having over hanging servo....mann.....
I was very doubtful about the servo mount but after seeing it, it is one of the best ideas on the car, instead of the torque of the servo tweaking the chassis it put all the force into the centre of the car.

Hope its not a copy of the tamiya, can't afford to replace broken parts every time I clip something

Bb
bucketboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:10 PM   #985
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:28 PM   #986
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Dirla u suck ...
jlfx car audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #987
Tech Master

I understand the rear body posts are narrower (and possibly further back) than those of the T3. Could someone post up the measurement differences between the two cars or at least spacing between the rear posts on the T4? I plan on keeping my T3 and running it along side the T4. It'd be nice if the bodies were interchangeable. thx

RC Excitement: Fitchburg, MA | RC Madness: Enfield, CT | Horsham RC
samnelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #988
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnelso View Post
I understand the rear body posts are narrower (and possibly further back) than those of the T3. Could someone post up the measurement differences between the two cars or at least spacing between the rear posts on the T4? I plan on keeping my T3 and running it along side the T4. It'd be nice if the bodies were interchangeable. thx
No its not possible to run the same body on both. The holes are just far enough off on the new car that you cant put a 2nd set in your old body as they will hit part of the old holes too. Its shorter and narrower.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #989
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
No its not possible to run the same body on both. The holes are just far enough off on the new car that you cant put a 2nd set in your old body as they will hit part of the old holes too. Its shorter and narrower.

EA
now I'm going to have to spend time tonight painting a new body
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #990
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnelso View Post
The new posts are 102mm between them (112mm on the T3's)

When I measured mine I believe the centre's of the new and old holes were 12.5mm apart (slightly diagonally). I'll leave you work out how to mark it, but I did 3 bodies in one go and thankfully they all fit.

wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote