Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Thanks for the info!
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #857
Tech Elite

Bumper Issue solved ;

Cut out most of the first top brace mainly to help fit my PT in the bumper (note cut bumper foam ready for PT)

Mount second brace over first, but upside down (sandwiching PT between foam and upper brace)

Bumper brace now almost up against bulkheads (like T3) and PT mounted as far forward as possible

The brace's have an enlarged section where they used to line up with the bulkheads, this is why the upper brace must be upside down.
This shot might show slightly better what I mean here;
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #858
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Does anyone know if the T3 Orange spring retainers work on the T4 or is it a different part number?
Old 10-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #859
WRR
Tech Adept

Drove mine for the first time today and it was the best car out of the box I have ever driven. Crushed my own lap record by a half of a second.
WRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:12 PM   #860
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwork View Post
Does anyone know if the T3 Orange spring retainers work on the T4 or is it a different part number?
Yes they do I have them on my T4
Miniripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #861
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mera'din View Post
Miniripper,

Just wondering, can you take a closer pic of the front bumper area with the t3 number? I would love to get a t4 but the bumper scares me (I still hit the wall a lot).

Also, what are the orange screws on the top deck for? I have seen these and often wondered what the practical use for them is. The only thing I could come up with is that is allows the use of a machined screw so you don't need a bunch of different screws in your bin.

Thanks for the info. I love the pictures! It allows me in the states to live vicariously through you over the pond.
Here you go.

Old 10-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #862
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

very nice work station you got there
rescue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #863
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Why would you need your tire warmers in your workshop ?
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #864
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
He's actually set up at the track for a race meeting tomorrow... yes MiniRipper, I AM spying on you and your orange groupies!
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:06 PM   #865
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
Yea I'm set up at a track for tomorrow's race meet. CWIC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
He's actually set up at the track for a race meeting tomorrow... yes MiniRipper, I AM spying on you and your orange groupies!
See you tomorrow Dave.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:22 PM   #866
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

So envious of all the T4's that have been shipped and delivered. Still waiting on mine to arrive here in the states. Anybody have any idea when amainhobbies will get theirs?
Old 10-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #867
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Not sure how to ask this question but I'm intending to get a T4 as my first competitive touring car (dabbled a bit years ago) and I'd like to understand something about adding weight to balance the left/right balance and achieve minimum ROAR weight. I realize this depends on my electronics so here's what I'm intending to put in the car in case it helps:

- VTX10 ESC
- Futaba R603FS receiver
- Futaba S9551 servo
- Older/classic AMB transponder
- Motor not sure yet but these don't vary too much in weight I imagine
- Battery: as much capacity (with high C rating) as I can do without putting more weight on the battery side than the other side.

I guess I'm wondering:

1 - Can a high capacity lipo cause the battery side of the car to be heaviest? Or am I almost guaranteed that the battery side will be light than the other side regardless of a 4000 mah battery versus 6500 mah for example. I'd be looking at the higher end Reedys.

2 - What about minimum ROAR weight - do you think the higher capacity battery would put me over the min or will I still tend to need weights?

Thanks all, I can experiment but I'm hoping to not have to buy two $100+ batteries just to find out!

PS - I realize that keeping weight lower is better. So a lower capacity battery plus weights is better than a higher capacity battery and no weights. However, I'd prefer the higher capacity for longer run times. I also realize I'll use far less than even a 4000 mah battery per run but for me, bigger is better for more practice time.
Arboleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:49 PM   #868
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arboleda View Post
Not sure how to ask this question but I'm intending to get a T4 as my first competitive touring car (dabbled a bit years ago) and I'd like to understand something about adding weight to balance the left/right balance and achieve minimum ROAR weight. I realize this depends on my electronics so here's what I'm intending to put in the car in case it helps:

- VTX10 ESC
- Futaba R603FS receiver
- Futaba S9551 servo
- Older/classic AMB transponder
- Motor not sure yet but these don't vary too much in weight I imagine
- Battery: as much capacity (with high C rating) as I can do without putting more weight on the battery side than the other side.

I guess I'm wondering:

1 - Can a high capacity lipo cause the battery side of the car to be heaviest? Or am I almost guaranteed that the battery side will be light than the other side regardless of a 4000 mah battery versus 6500 mah for example. I'd be looking at the higher end Reedys.

2 - What about minimum ROAR weight - do you think the higher capacity battery would put me over the min or will I still tend to need weights?

Thanks all, I can experiment but I'm hoping to not have to buy two $100+ batteries just to find out!

PS - I realize that keeping weight lower is better. So a lower capacity battery plus weights is better than a higher capacity battery and no weights. However, I'd prefer the higher capacity for longer run times. I also realize I'll use far less than even a 4000 mah battery per run but for me, bigger is better for more practice time.
Almost everyone runs a 6000+ battery, your left/right balance is closer as is min weight, to meet 1380 you might need 10-20g here or there, I don't know the exact weights of your stuff or the T4 unloaded. The VTX is on the heavier side though.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:30 PM   #869
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger View Post
So envious of all the T4's that have been shipped and delivered. Still waiting on mine to arrive here in the states. Anybody have any idea when amainhobbies will get theirs?
not sure ....but thats where mine is gonna come from......then it will be another 2 weeks to ship to Canada...... oh well i got my ta05ifsv2 to keep me busy
rescue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #870
Tech Regular

Keep the pictures of the car coming. any part of it really i just like looking at these.

Mine should be in my hands sometime during next week.
d.k.vmatt is offline   Reply With Quote