R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-02-2013, 10:29 AM   #5176
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,725
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by erchn View Post
I've not tried 2.3 all around (or Ride springs), but it's certainly an easy test. Yea, I would try going to 30wt.

I'll agree that going to 5k would make the car easier to drive, increasing confidence, but for me it typically kills low speed steering (and transition speed) too much, maybe find another way to gain that confidence.

It's possible you can try thinner shock oil as described above and gain what you need, so try the diff change last.
Ok, thanks for suggestions, they are so good to try!
Could anybody tell me which springs of other brands is same or even softer than 2.3?
How about if i wonder to use 3 holes piston?

best regards
mac853 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #5177
Tech Regular
 
porsche928gs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Saginaw Texas and Orlando Florida
Posts: 379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
Downstop F5 R4
Ride height F4.8 R5.4
Camber F1.5 R2.0
R toe in 3.0
F toe out 1.0
Sway bar F1.3 R1.2
Spring F2.5 F2.3
Shock oil Trinity 35
Piston 4 holes 1.1
Trans.F Spool R Gear Diff 5000 oil
Shock tower hole F and R 2nd hole from outside
Bulk head F and R hole 2nd from outside
Right of the bat, your car is too heavy upfront. Is like a poorly balanced front wheel drive car. It's because your ride height, 4.8f 5.4 rear. It will understeer severely when braking or off power. Second your rear diff oil is too thick, try 2000k
__________________
AKA Gilberto Santos
MikesHobbyshop.com SuperiorHobbies.com
Xray T4 and Yokomo BD7 2014 -Airtronics M12 Sponsored by Amex :-) open to other sponsorships!
porsche928gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #5178
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,725
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche928gs View Post
Right of the bat, your car is too heavy upfront. Is like a poorly balanced front wheel drive car. It's because your ride height, 4.8f 5.4 rear. It will understeer severely when braking or off power. Second your rear diff oil is too thick, try 2000k
That you mean higher front height, set from 4.8 to 5.0, but i think is not enough to makes difference.
Anyway, why nobody tell me if worth use 3 holes piston?

Best regards
mac853 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:43 AM   #5179
Tech Regular
 
porsche928gs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Saginaw Texas and Orlando Florida
Posts: 379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
That you mean higher front height, set from 4.8 to 5.0, but i think is not enough to makes difference.
Anyway, why nobody tell me if worth use 3 holes piston?

Best regards
Yes, raise your front end. Make it even or no more than.2 difference (lower). Is better to change oil than to have different piston sizes.
__________________
AKA Gilberto Santos
MikesHobbyshop.com SuperiorHobbies.com
Xray T4 and Yokomo BD7 2014 -Airtronics M12 Sponsored by Amex :-) open to other sponsorships!
porsche928gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:47 AM   #5180
Tech Fanatic
 
daleburr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Posts: 776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
Downstop F5 R4
Ride height F4.8 R5.4
Camber F1.5 R2.0
R toe in 3.0
F toe out 1.0
Sway bar F1.3 R1.2
Spring F2.5 F2.3
Shock oil Trinity 35
Piston 4 holes 1.1
Trans.F Spool R Gear Diff 5000 oil
Shock tower hole F and R 2nd hole from outside
Bulk head F and R hole 2nd from outside
I think you're too soft on the springs and too heavy on the damping, resulting in a lazy sluggish car. I don't even run 2.3 in the wet as they're too soft.

Go to 2.7f and 2.5r, and 30wt oil all round.

Also reduce your rear camber to 1.5deg, this will give better direction change and more HS steering, while improving traction on the power.

And as others have said, drop the diff oil to around 2k.

The pistons are fine, those are what everyone uses with the T4.
__________________
Team Xray
RC-Timing Software - http://www.rc-timing.com
Mercedes AMG F1 - http://www.mercedes-amg-f1.com/
daleburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:09 AM   #5181
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,725
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleburr View Post
I think you're too soft on the springs and too heavy on the damping, resulting in a lazy sluggish car. I don't even run 2.3 in the wet as they're too soft.

Go to 2.7f and 2.5r, and 30wt oil all round.

Also reduce your rear camber to 1.5deg, this will give better direction change and more HS steering, while improving traction on the power.

And as others have said, drop the diff oil to around 2k.

The pistons are fine, those are what everyone uses with the T4.
But I run on bumpy and surface is going losing grip to be old
mac853 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #5182
Tech Fanatic
 
daleburr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Posts: 776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
But I run on bumpy and surface is going losing grip to be old
Sounds like every outdoor track in the UK lol.

Is this carpet or asphalt?

If it's bumpy you may need to raise your rideheight, 5.5 to 6mm is common for bumpy asphalt tracks.

A progressive spring like the Xray 2.5-2.8 or Reflex Silver are also a good option for that type of surface, they tend to soak up the bumps a little better without resulting in too much body roll.
__________________
Team Xray
RC-Timing Software - http://www.rc-timing.com
Mercedes AMG F1 - http://www.mercedes-amg-f1.com/
daleburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:19 AM   #5183
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,725
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleburr View Post
Sounds like every outdoor track in the UK lol.

Is this carpet or asphalt?

If it's bumpy you may need to raise your rideheight, 5.5 to 6mm is common for bumpy asphalt tracks.

A progressive spring like the Xray 2.5-2.8 or Reflex Silver are also a good option for that type of surface, they tend to soak up the bumps a little better without resulting in too much body roll.
Is asphalt, you mean progressive spring all round?
Reflex Silver, what hardness if compare with original spring?

Best regards
mac853 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:39 AM   #5184
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
Is asphalt, you mean progressive spring all round?
Reflex Silver, what hardness if compare with original spring?

Best regards
The 'closest' spring would be Xray 2.5-2.8 progressive
__________________
Xray T4'16, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2016
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:21 AM   #5185
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,725
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
The 'closest' spring would be Xray 2.5-2.8 progressive
Ok, thanks!
mac853 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #5186
Tech Elite
 
jlfx car audio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: jackson,tn
Posts: 3,126
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

I wonder why u ran front at 4.8 on a bumpy asphalt track?
If it was my car I would run
2.3-2.6 progressive f&r
300 all corners
Low role blocks in front mid in rear .
Lots of droop in rear / very little in front .lol
And ride height around 6mm.
Seemed to work last time I ran low traction bumpy track
__________________
Justin & Matt Lyons
Awesomatix USA, EA motorsports, Sanwa, Protoform, Avid, Gravity Rc , TSR!
a800s sanwa m12s
jlfx car audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #5187
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,725
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
I wonder why u ran front at 4.8 on a bumpy asphalt track?
If it was my car I would run
2.3-2.6 progressive f&r
300 all corners
Low role blocks in front mid in rear .
Lots of droop in rear / very little in front .lol
And ride height around 6mm.
Seemed to work last time I ran low traction bumpy track
Lot droops rear less in front, but i have heard more in the front before.
And 6mm height is too much, maybe next time i should run 5mm front and 5.2 rear.
Front 6 with rear 4 in downstop, i think is only way

But what do you mean low roll blocks?
mac853 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #5188
Tech Elite
 
jlfx car audio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: jackson,tn
Posts: 3,126
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

We had a really bumpy surface . yes more droop in front does help with stability in the bumps but kills on power steering in high-speed exits.
Low blocks refers to the inner hinge pin mounts theirs a low (.) ,mid (•), and a high (') . the higher u go the less the car will lean in the corners which in my opinion takes away traction .
__________________
Justin & Matt Lyons
Awesomatix USA, EA motorsports, Sanwa, Protoform, Avid, Gravity Rc , TSR!
a800s sanwa m12s
jlfx car audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #5189
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,512
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I tried 3x1.1 pistons on high grip carpet with a tight layout. The car was very responsive, but it was more prone to traction roll. I think it was because of the extra pack and overall increased damping. So it might be good for bumpy asphalt.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #5190
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
Lot droops rear less in front, but i have heard more in the front before.
And 6mm height is too much, maybe next time i should run 5mm front and 5.2 rear.
Front 6 with rear 4 in downstop, i think is only way

But what do you mean low roll blocks?
If you can get away with 5 & 5.2mm ride height and not scrape the chassis, your track isn't very bumpy

Don't be afraid to try the higher ride height, just remember to adjust the droop to compensate.

Skiddins
__________________
Xray T4'16, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2016
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xray T3 2012 rasta_man Electric On-Road 4220 11-09-2016 02:45 PM
RC10B4/T4 Forum DerekL Electric Off-Road 14331 01-01-2016 03:18 PM
****HUGE AE T4 TRUCK TIRE SALE *** CRCDUDE R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 08-23-2010 09:55 AM


Tags
xray t4


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:41 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0