R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #5146
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.d.roost View Post
Same issue. .. my car basically shuts down mid corner. I also have an issue with no off power entry. This slight problem is exemplified in 17.5 where any loss in corner speed is noticeable. Any attempts to resolve has lead to a loose or unstable car. Not that this platform is bad (it's one of the best I have ever had out of box) but after driving the new 2014 its instantly apparent they resolved the mid corner deal.
Similar problem here. On pavement the car was very very stable but did lack just a bit of mid corner steering. On carpet if I try to get some steering in the car the rear is just a bit too unpredictable for me.

That said, I've tested three times this week with the car and changed a bunch of little stuff and now have the car working pretty well on carpet with a good stable rear end and almost enough steering. If I can get a good practice day in the next couple week I'm going to swap in the RX4 chassis and see if I find any improvement. Based on the recent comments here it looks like there will be some but I still worry that if there is more steering that the rear will simply step out again and I'll need to dial down the steering again. Either way, I'm hoping to find out soon.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #5147
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Yeah, the RSD upgrade is very similar to the '14 in that regard. He just came out with the second revision of the upgrade which added a bit of rear bite. I went ahead and just took a deal on the v1 because I wanted the extra bit of steering and always felt like I never lacked for rear traction on the T4.

It was a night and day better car. I still have some playing to do with it (mostly just putting down more practice laps) but I finally feel like I can drive the car aggresively in 17.5 blinky.

Just as a comparison, I went .2 faster on the hot lap with the RSD upgrade than I did on the stock T4, and this was on a really dirty and dusty track.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #5148
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Is there any change to the RSD V2 kit other than a top deck being included?
Old 11-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #5149
Tech Fanatic

The chassis has been updated too. He said the v2 has more rear flex which leads to a larger tuning window. More steering on high traction and more grip on low traction, but he did say that it never loses the amount of steering that it has.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #5150
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I shot Christian an email today and the chassis and top deck will be posted on the site some time today (hopefully), and might be avail by the end of the week.

I have rx4 now and it has a ton of steering, which I had to dial out. overall I was liking the conversion, but I can't wait for the v2, as I will be getting.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:59 PM   #5151
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have already preordered and paid for the v2. Can't wait till it's here! Car has suffered mid cornering, corner entry, and if I try to give it more, it gives up rear grip. Hopefully the new chassis works well! Not sure how I should set the car up once I convert it!
Old 11-25-2013, 06:08 PM   #5152
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostinswifty38 View Post
I have already preordered and paid for the v2. Can't wait till it's here! Car has suffered mid cornering, corner entry, and if I try to give it more, it gives up rear grip. Hopefully the new chassis works well! Not sure how I should set the car up once I convert it!
what is your current setup, and tires used? I suffered the same condition at the Halloween Classic in Cleveland but I got that worked out (well, at least I thought so). The track had very high bite conditions. the driving part, I couldn't figure out, lol

I hope they give out a basic setup sheet like they did for the v1. if not, I was thinking w/ going w/ the stock 14 set up... not sure if that is the right way to go though???
Old 11-25-2013, 06:44 PM   #5153
Tech Master

Could somebody tell me worth to change those old plastic suspension holders with new aluminium ones with plastic bushing.
I don't understand if they really affect car performance, due i think old ones are easy and fast to build.

best regards
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:59 PM   #5154
Tech Master

^not sure what your question is.

As for my setup, it goes back n forth. Had a weekend race a few weeks back at a track with high bite (carpet) and now due to work, I'm only running Wednesday night club races on a "green" track. So, lower upper inner roll centers, shorter links, 2 deg. Camber all around, .5 mil shim on the rear to add toe, front is 2 deg. Toe each side, droop is 3mm rear, 2mm front, stock springs, oil, etc. I will say that I noticed after the last run the diff front and rear are opposite what the manual says, which I never got the manual, but in looking at a fellow racers car I saw the difference. So I'll be switching it so the front diff and rear diff are up/down like manual says.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:11 PM   #5155
Tech Master

I mean that I still prefer the old style suspension mounting system.
Then ask what benefict of using new ones as those from T4 2014
Old 11-25-2013, 10:18 PM   #5156
Tech Master

Basically it keeps the car more consistant. Check your back n forth slop on your rear control arms to the hinge pins. Get rid of the slop. Go to a 5 min run then check it again. Sloppy. Mine always are. This new setup keeps it consistant, no slop, and the new design allows the arms to move very freely.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:22 PM   #5157
Tech Master

ok, but do i need to change use the new suspension arms?
Old 11-25-2013, 11:52 PM   #5158
Tech Fanatic

If you're using the upgrade, it works with the normal t2/t3/t4 arms. You don't need the new arms.

The benefit of the new suspension style mounting is that it prevents slop from building up in the car after hitting a board or something. Also, it lightens up the car a lot. You take away a lot of the weight of the stock suspension mounts.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:15 AM   #5159
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyujmn View Post
If you're using the upgrade, it works with the normal t2/t3/t4 arms. You don't need the new arms.

The benefit of the new suspension style mounting is that it prevents slop from building up in the car after hitting a board or something. Also, it lightens up the car a lot. You take away a lot of the weight of the stock suspension mounts.
But, this is not a concern, i run in13.5t class.

Thanks for reply!
Old 11-26-2013, 02:36 AM   #5160
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
Could somebody tell me worth to change those old plastic suspension holders with new aluminium ones with plastic bushing.
I don't understand if they really affect car performance, due i think old ones are easy and fast to build.

best regards
I have mixed feelings about the suspension holders on the T4'14.

Although the car seems an improvement there are fewer settings available, as with the old car I could use any width shim I wanted to get the exact toe etc I was after.
Don't forget, there have been changes to the chassis etc on the new car so flex points are slightly different as well.

Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote