R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-29-2013, 11:36 PM   #4981
Tech Elite
 
Odin544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwn bggr View Post
I'm on the edge of waiting for a 2014,T4...then thought it might be a good time to find a deal on last year's model...wrong! They are just plain,hard to find...it seems xray does a good job of controlling production numbers...it looks like most all of the older models will be off the shelves before the new one shows up...both good and bad I suppose...no market saturation to worry about...grin...!
I've picked up 2 new in box cars with extras in the FS section within the last month at considerably less than retail. I'd keep an eye in there.
__________________
Xray - ORCA - Avid RC - MaxFX Paint
TriCitiesRC.com
Odin544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:58 PM   #4982
Tech Elite
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,208
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
Car felt so much easier to drive and I got the car into the A for the first time in 4 meetings.

Exactly the solution I was looking for. I am using foams so it is a bit of a trial and error thing really as not so many clubs race TC on foam anymore...
Front diff almost always makes the car easier to drive, probably because it's more forgiving on cornering lines, another reason I like it, though there are times on rubbers you really need the drive of the spool.

I drive on foams all the time at our club, specific class we run on foam tyres, lots of grip any time, no warmers, no traction compounds needed, good fun.
__________________
QRCCRA
www.qrccra.org.au
www.facebook.com/englandparkraceway
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:37 AM   #4983
Tech Regular
 
Barry_Hughes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ipswich, England
Posts: 417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwn bggr View Post
I'm on the edge of waiting for a 2014,T4...then thought it might be a good time to find a deal on last year's model...wrong! They are just plain,hard to find...it seems xray does a good job of controlling production numbers...it looks like most all of the older models will be off the shelves before the new one shows up...both good and bad I suppose...no market saturation to worry about...grin...!
in the UK but sure will supply to the US
http://demonpowerproducts.co.uk/prod...oducts_id=7306
__________________
Built it !
Raced it !
Wrecked it !
Barry_Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:58 AM   #4984
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SW Mich
Posts: 48
Default

Barry Hughes...Odin544...thank you gentlemen...!
...kirt...
brwn bggr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #4985
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SW Mich
Posts: 48
Default

As a point of interest...I was searching some UK sites for a first model,T4 and I happened on a site called
...t2shop.de...it appears that they have 10 units of the new 2014,T4...I guess they are on the way...!
brwn bggr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #4986
Tech Elite
 
morgoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,518
Default

The release should be tomorrow according to some suppliers. Weird that xray hasnt annouced anything yet. Maybe tomorrow? Lets hope
__________________
Serpent BeNeLux teamdriver // FX Engines // Nitrolux fuel
My blog: http://scrubbingspeed.wordpress.com
morgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #4987
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwn bggr View Post
As a point of interest...I was searching some UK sites for a first model,T4 and I happened on a site called
...t2shop.de...it appears that they have 10 units of the new 2014,T4...I guess they are on the way...!
Some have already arrived

Regards,
David
Attached Thumbnails
The New Xray T4 '13-t414.jpg  
niemand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #4988
Tech Adept
 
AL1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Aruba
Posts: 117
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Are the A-arms different on the T4'14???
AL1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #4989
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 901
Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL1983 View Post
Are the A-arms different on the T4'14???
Looks like it, apparently with optional carbon fiber inserts for stiffness.
__________________
Shane W.
Everything for Sale - out of hobby
tcdrvr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #4990
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Beverly Hills
Posts: 517
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niemand View Post
Some have already arrived

Regards,
David
The car looks good, what is new on the chassis? What is included?
Ich meine was hat sich im vergleich zum alten Modell an der Austattung geändert?

To all,
excuse me my German came though.
silden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:44 PM   #4991
Tech Elite
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,208
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I have an urge to buy one, even though I promised myself no more RC spending this year...
__________________
QRCCRA
www.qrccra.org.au
www.facebook.com/englandparkraceway
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:01 PM   #4992
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silden View Post
The car looks good, what is new on the chassis? What is included?
Ich meine was hat sich im vergleich zum alten Modell an der Austattung geändert?

To all,
excuse me my German came though.
Hi,

German Version:

Im Vergleich zum alten Auto ist folgendes neu:
Chassisplatte
Topdeck
Motorhalter
Strebe zum Topdeck (optional)
Ackermann Platte
Querlenker mit Carbonversteifungen vorne&hinten (optional)
Innere Aufhängungsstifte
und natürlich die neuen Aufhängungsblöcke

Oh, und Xray hat den Schaumstoff vom Rammer etwas härter gemacht.


Englsih:

New for the T4'14:
Chassisplate
Topdeck
Motormount
Brace connecting to the topdeck (optional)
Ackermann plate
Suspension arm f&r with carbon fiber stiffeners (optional)
Inner Pins
and the most obvious change:
the new Pinholder system

Regards,
David
niemand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:22 PM   #4993
Tech Master
 
ATLiens's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Marietta, Ga
Posts: 1,095
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Looks great. I really hope reflex gets them within a week. Im itchin


Quote:
Originally Posted by niemand View Post
Hi,

Englsih:

New for the T4'14:
Chassisplate
Topdeck
Motormount
Brace connecting to the topdeck (optional)
Ackermann plate
Suspension arm f&r with carbon fiber stiffeners (optional)
Inner Pins
and the most obvious change:
the new Pinholder system

Regards,
David
ATLiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:22 PM   #4994
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Beverly Hills
Posts: 517
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niemand View Post
Hi,

German Version:

Im Vergleich zum alten Auto ist folgendes neu:
Chassisplatte
Topdeck
Motorhalter
Strebe zum Topdeck (optional)
Ackermann Platte
Querlenker mit Carbonversteifungen vorne&hinten (optional)
Innere Aufhängungsstifte
und natürlich die neuen Aufhängungsblöcke

Oh, und Xray hat den Schaumstoff vom Rammer etwas härter gemacht.


Englsih:

New for the T4'14:
Chassisplate
Topdeck
Motormount
Brace connecting to the topdeck (optional)
Ackermann plate
Suspension arm f&r with carbon fiber stiffeners (optional)
Inner Pins
and the most obvious change:
the new Pinholder system

Regards,
David
The suspension arms got the same measurements like the old ones? I mean can we reuse the old suspension arms or we have to buy new ones as spares?
silden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:29 PM   #4995
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Marietta, Ga
Posts: 2,087
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLiens View Post
Looks great. I really hope reflex gets them within a week. Im itchin
I went to the doctor today I am itchin so hard.
PROMODVETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xray T3 2012 rasta_man Electric On-Road 4220 11-09-2016 02:45 PM
RC10B4/T4 Forum DerekL Electric Off-Road 14331 01-01-2016 03:18 PM
****HUGE AE T4 TRUCK TIRE SALE *** CRCDUDE R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 08-23-2010 09:55 AM


Tags
xray t4


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:01 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0