R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #4771
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 263
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

The belts will stay white as they are already available. I've been using them for a while and they are much softer than the black belts, hence "low friction".
Andrew S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:56 PM   #4772
Tech Fanatic
 
stro3579's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chicago/Alabama
Posts: 759
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Whats the part numbers for the low friction belts.
stro3579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:00 PM   #4773
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 263
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....ducts_id=15069 for front belts

http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....ducts_id=15068 for rear belts
Andrew S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:11 AM   #4774
Tech Elite
 
Odin544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

RcAmerica has them as well.
__________________
Xray - ORCA - Avid RC - MaxFX Paint
TriCitiesRC.com
Odin544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #4775
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,512
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone tried Hagberg's ETS Gran Canaria setup on a US parking lot track? It uses kit springs so I was thinking of trying it. The big differences from kit asphalt seem to be -.75 front roll center, .5mm of arm sweep, shocks one hole down, middle front camber link, camber link shimming, and a low rear diff.

Last weekend turned out to be a practice day. The car seems to work well with the kit asphalt setup. I couldn't spot any particularly bad behavior, but I'm still getting used to mod. If anything, calming the car down a bit so I can be more aggressive with the throttle would be the most help, I think. Maybe a bit more steering while braking, but that may really just be a track layout thing. More overall grip in the corners would be nice, as always.

After all that effort I put into balancing the car, when I got the car home and put it back on the scales, the left side was reading 15g heavy. No idea how that happened. So I leveled my pit board on the workbench and dove back into it. I moved the arms forward 1mm (added 1mm ackerman shims to compensate), and put 4x 7g on the right rear next to the layshaft bulkhead. The car is back to 50/50 left/right, and about 51.7% rear. I'm hoping the extra rear weight will calm down the corner exit steering a bit. I also had very small tweaks in the swaybars that I got rid of. Xray could stand to go to an endlink more like HB/TOP for easier/finer adjustment of the endlinks.

I also went to AE 35wt (425cst according to bottle) all around, in hopes of just making the car easier to drive, and maybe keeping the tires a bit cooler.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #4776
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
Has anyone tried Hagberg's ETS Gran Canaria setup on a US parking lot track? It uses kit springs so I was thinking of trying it. The big differences from kit asphalt seem to be -.75 front roll center, .5mm of arm sweep, shocks one hole down, middle front camber link, camber link shimming, and a low rear diff.

Last weekend turned out to be a practice day. The car seems to work well with the kit asphalt setup. I couldn't spot any particularly bad behavior, but I'm still getting used to mod. If anything, calming the car down a bit so I can be more aggressive with the throttle would be the most help, I think. Maybe a bit more steering while braking, but that may really just be a track layout thing. More overall grip in the corners would be nice, as always.

After all that effort I put into balancing the car, when I got the car home and put it back on the scales, the left side was reading 15g heavy. No idea how that happened. So I leveled my pit board on the workbench and dove back into it. I moved the arms forward 1mm (added 1mm ackerman shims to compensate), and put 4x 7g on the right rear next to the layshaft bulkhead. The car is back to 50/50 left/right, and about 51.7% rear. I'm hoping the extra rear weight will calm down the corner exit steering a bit. I also had very small tweaks in the swaybars that I got rid of. Xray could stand to go to an endlink more like HB/TOP for easier/finer adjustment of the endlinks.

I also went to AE 35wt (425cst according to bottle) all around, in hopes of just making the car easier to drive, and maybe keeping the tires a bit cooler.

-Mike
While I can't comment on a lot of his setup, I have tried the anti-dive at the front. But I found it reduced the steering slightly.
__________________
Xray T4'16, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2016
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:48 AM   #4777
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,727
Cool

TC Pro Matched Big Bore Short Spring from Ride:

http://rc-ride.co.jp/product.php?cat_id=7
mac853 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #4778
Tech Addict
 
chasingthepack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: hanworth uk
Posts: 728
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
Has anyone tried Hagberg's ETS Gran Canaria setup on a US parking lot track? It uses kit springs so I was thinking of trying it. The big differences from kit asphalt seem to be -.75 front roll center, .5mm of arm sweep, shocks one hole down, middle front camber link, camber link shimming, and a low rear diff.

Last weekend turned out to be a practice day. The car seems to work well with the kit asphalt setup. I couldn't spot any particularly bad behavior, but I'm still getting used to mod. If anything, calming the car down a bit so I can be more aggressive with the throttle would be the most help, I think. Maybe a bit more steering while braking, but that may really just be a track layout thing. More overall grip in the corners would be nice, as always.

After all that effort I put into balancing the car, when I got the car home and put it back on the scales, the left side was reading 15g heavy. No idea how that happened. So I leveled my pit board on the workbench and dove back into it. I moved the arms forward 1mm (added 1mm ackerman shims to compensate), and put 4x 7g on the right rear next to the layshaft bulkhead. The car is back to 50/50 left/right, and about 51.7% rear. I'm hoping the extra rear weight will calm down the corner exit steering a bit. I also had very small tweaks in the swaybars that I got rid of. Xray could stand to go to an endlink more like HB/TOP for easier/finer adjustment of the endlinks.

I also went to AE 35wt (425cst according to bottle) all around, in hopes of just making the car easier to drive, and maybe keeping the tires a bit cooler.

-Mike
i also tried the anti dive but got better results from using the stock arm mounts and putting a 1mm shim under the fr,initial turn in is better but mid corner suffers a small amount and no arm sweep just the 1.5 shims,exit is better too as forward traction and on power steering in increased
__________________
yokomo bd7 16_lrp works team-trinity d4 17.5_futaba 4pks_futaba bls
wet/damp car xray t4-14-r10 pro-team wave 17.5 savox 1251
chasingthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:16 PM   #4779
Tech Elite
 
rangerjkb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,309
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to rangerjkb
Default

Received the new Low Friction Blets from RCAmerca, took about 3 days. Can't wait to see how well they work.
__________________
Jason Burks
--------------------------------
Murfdogg Products~Psycho Cells Racing~Hal's Hobby Warehouse~Avid RC~Kal-Gard~VP Powermaster
rangerjkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:14 PM   #4780
Tech Elite
 
Odin544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

Which RSD springs are equivalent to Xray 2.3 and 2.5?
__________________
Xray - ORCA - Avid RC - MaxFX Paint
TriCitiesRC.com
Odin544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #4781
Tech Elite
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,676
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

There is no "equivalent" springs. Our black are like 2.4 and our blue are like 2.55. While our pink would be a 2.65. They behave differently though. A blue front/black rear feels similar to 2.5f and 2.3r.

Personally, I like Blue or pink front with a yellow progressive rear on carpet and silver f yellow progressive rear on asphalt.
__________________
REFLEX RACING/ RSD/ GIZMO RACING USA/ HOBBYWING/ AXON/ QTEQ/ TEAM PRIME
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #4782
Tech Elite
 
yodace's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Caleb
Posts: 2,455
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingthepack View Post
i also tried the anti dive but got better results from using the stock arm mounts and putting a 1mm shim under the fr,initial turn in is better but mid corner suffers a small amount and no arm sweep just the 1.5 shims,exit is better too as forward traction and on power steering in increased
Do have a pic of where u put the shims by chance ?
yodace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:53 PM   #4783
Tech Elite
 
Odin544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
There is no "equivalent" springs. Our black are like 2.4 and our blue are like 2.55. While our pink would be a 2.65. They behave differently though. A blue front/black rear feels similar to 2.5f and 2.3r.

Personally, I like Blue or pink front with a yellow progressive rear on carpet and silver f yellow progressive rear on asphalt.
Thanks
__________________
Xray - ORCA - Avid RC - MaxFX Paint
TriCitiesRC.com
Odin544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:45 PM   #4784
Tech Addict
 
chasingthepack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: hanworth uk
Posts: 728
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodace View Post
Do have a pic of where u put the shims by chance ?
no pic,but if you look at the front of the car where the arms attach to the mount the shims go between the chassis and the front rear mount,some people are using split mounts in this position,if you look in the t4 manual it says its a tuning tip and what its for
__________________
yokomo bd7 16_lrp works team-trinity d4 17.5_futaba 4pks_futaba bls
wet/damp car xray t4-14-r10 pro-team wave 17.5 savox 1251
chasingthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #4785
Tech Fanatic
 
erchn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Union City, CA
Posts: 779
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingthepack View Post
no pic,but if you look at the front of the car where the arms attach to the mount the shims go between the chassis and the front rear mount,some people are using split mounts in this position,if you look in the t4 manual it says its a tuning tip and what its for
Maybe that's why yodace wanted a picture. In your previous statement you stated you didn't like anti-dive, but what you describe here *is* anti-dive.
__________________
RCAmerica ; Team Powers USA ; Reflex Racing ; RC≥ RC Crew Chief ; Bezerk RC
erchn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xray T3 2012 rasta_man Electric On-Road 4220 11-09-2016 02:45 PM
RC10B4/T4 Forum DerekL Electric Off-Road 14331 01-01-2016 03:18 PM
****HUGE AE T4 TRUCK TIRE SALE *** CRCDUDE R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 08-23-2010 09:55 AM


Tags
xray t4


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:04 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0