R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-25-2013, 11:46 PM   #4246
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Can anyone comment on the performance/longevity of the Spec-R spring steel spool cups? It doesn't look like they use blades.

Do the roche spool cups use blades?

Also, what's the theory behind having the spool cups offset 90* from each other (like the new Nikitas)? In my head it seems like that would be bad, because you'd have one axle trying to go fast while the other is going slow, making kind of a walking effect, putting more twist into the front driveline and possibly shocking the tires more. Whereas if they're aligned, both sides would be doing the same thing and the spool and front belt could soak up the accel/decel effect.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:01 AM   #4247
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
Can anyone comment on the performance/longevity of the Spec-R spring steel spool cups? It doesn't look like they use blades.

Also, what's the theory behind having the spool cups offset 90* from each other (like the new Nikitas)? In my head it seems like that would be bad, because you'd have one axle trying to go fast while the other is going slow, making kind of a walking effect, putting more twist into the front driveline and possibly shocking the tires more. Whereas if they're aligned, both sides would be doing the same thing and the spool and front belt could soak up the accel/decel effect.

-Mike
hi mike i have the roche spool cups and they do not require the use of blades.....so far no issues what so ever

AWESOMATIX A800 ★ MUCHMORE ★ R1 WURKS ★
TEAM XRAY X116 ★ SANWA M12 ★ SILVERBACK ★
HOBBYWING ★ RCMAKER ★ VOLANTE RC ★
blade072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:11 AM   #4248
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Quote:

-Mike
I don't know what there thoughts are for doing it but I would assume it would eliminate some vibrations in the shafts. Similar to how you offset the universal joints in a driveshaft of a real car.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:16 AM   #4249
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Anyone have any thoughts on the RSD bladders and pistons compared to the stock Xray stuff?
Old 06-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #4250
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin544 View Post
Anyone have any thoughts on the RSD bladders and pistons compared to the stock Xray stuff?
i haven't used them myself but ive only heard good things about rsd products,i will be getting them when i can be arsed putting in an order from the states
Old 06-26-2013, 09:50 AM   #4251
Tech Regular

All of the rsd products are awesome ! All are top notch quality I run the outdrives and ecs cvds blatters and pistons in both my mod car and 13.5

the pistons are just a little smoother being made from a deifferant material
Old 06-26-2013, 10:08 AM   #4252
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:

-Mike
I'm using the Spec-R spring steel spool cups. I think they're fantastic. Absolute quality product and you don't need to use blades.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:15 PM   #4253
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Be sure to shrink tube and black grease your "pin on steel" drive cups (specR Roche ect.). They run way smoother and last for ever. I've never even notched one after using this method in spec or mod.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:11 AM   #4254
Tech Master

I'm new to rc and have picked up a T4, what impact does running 6 degree C-hubs over 4 degree C-hubs on asphalt?
oladele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #4255
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oladele View Post
I'm new to rc and have picked up a T4, what impact does running 6 degree C-hubs over 4 degree C-hubs on asphalt?
more on power steering less initial turn in
Old 06-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #4256
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Mugen10 Send a message via Skype™ to Mugen10

Some drivers seem to focus on corner enter speed and some (including myself) focus on exit corner speed. I know it is a combination of both.
My question is which is the most focus?
Everyone feels that they have the speed going into a corner because they are at the peek speed. So I think sometimes it is overlooked. Maybe the approach is what carries the full corner speed.
Any comments?
Mugen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:17 PM   #4257
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen10 View Post
Some drivers seem to focus on corner enter speed and some (including myself) focus on exit corner speed. I know it is a combination of both.
Everyone feels that they have the speed going into a corner because they are at the peek speed. So I think sometimes it is overlooked. Maybe the approach is what carries the full corner speed.
Any comments?
For stock racing I think it's all about limiting the time spent not on power. I focus more on getting on the power earlier and smoother, so as not to upset the car, rather than how hard I can dive down into the corner. So if that means braking earlier than the next guy, in a quali I'll do it. Heads up racing for position obviously changes things a bit, but I digress.
Danny-b23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:24 PM   #4258
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen10 View Post
Any comments?
This is what separates the have's from the have nots..

I am personally am a have not and i take more of a slow in fast out approach. I feel you lose more time by overdriving the car than you do by underdriving the car..
Old 06-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #4259
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Mugen10 Send a message via Skype™ to Mugen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by elee32 View Post
This is what separates the have's from the have nots..

I am personally am a have not and i take more of a slow in fast out approach. I feel you lose more time by overdriving the car than you do by underdriving the car..
Yep I have been in that same mind set for a very long time. Lately I have been thinking maybe I have been thinking about it the wrong way. Maybe it is all about the approach that sets up for the faster corner speed?
Mugen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:41 AM   #4260
Tech Initiate

Cliffs notes??