Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

What I would hate to see is that I will end up buying right now half of the fully developed car for the full price and then having to buy the rest in option parts to make it as competitive as the car is replacing.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan
Thanks for your feedback. So basically RW and Xray brand spur gears work without mods. Are there any other brands? The RW ones may be hard for me to get from my LHS, but the Xray brand ones only go down to 92T. I'll be racing 17.5 so a bit smaller spur will work better.
Just take a sheet of sand paper (I used something like 80 or 100, I know it as Emory paper) and sanded the spacer down, it looks like a clover leaf. I can use any spur on the market that has the 6 hole pattern... including the Xray... It does not make much maybe a 1mm or a little more....
Old 10-07-2012, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

Believe me I like Xray cars. I own a T1FK, FK05, T2 007 and T2 009. I just feel this car was release prematurely.

Last edited by porsche928gs; 10-07-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porsche928gs
What I would hate to see is that I will end up buying right now half of the fully developed car for the full price and then having to buy the rest in option parts to make it as competitive as the car is replacing.
The T4 is a very different car and there are a lot of changes. I think it appears to be good changes. The new shocks are very nice and the full piston set is a great tuning option.

The car is fine and looks just as nice as any car X-ray has released. The setup needs some work, but that is the case with any new car. Paul, Drew, and Andrew had the cars working well after some work at IIC. But one race will not build a perfect setup. The new changes on the car look really cool and the car is much lower to the ground in almost every way.

It is important to understand that there are quite a lot of X-ray team drivers and as cars start showing up at tracks around the world the setups will begin to come available. I am sure Paul's setup from IIC will be a good starting point for most.

Be patient.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I hear you on that. I feel like maybe that happened a bit with the T3, especially from the '11 to the '12.

I guess only time will tell with the T4.

-Mike
Old 10-07-2012, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by artwork
The T4 is a very different car and there are a lot of changes. I think it appears to be good changes. The new shocks are very nice and the full piston set is a great tuning option.

The car is fine and looks just as nice as any car X-ray has released. The setup needs some work, but that is the case with any new car. Paul, Drew, and Andrew had the cars working well after some work at IIC. But one race will not build a perfect setup. The new changes on the car look really cool and the car is much lower to the ground in almost every way.

It is important to understand that there are quite a lot of X-ray team drivers and as cars start showing up at tracks around the world the setups will begin to come available. I am sure Paul's setup from IIC will be a good starting point for most.

Be patient.
I think you are right. I will be patient and cancel my order on my new T4 and wait until they make this car competitive. After all why buy it if it's not any faster than the car it replaces.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

You don't think its competitive?

Thats a bit overboard, I think
Old 10-07-2012, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

I think it doesn't seem better than the car it replaces. It certainly looks better all slammed down.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Only time will tell if the T4 is better or not than the T3 12'. I would still rather hold my judgement until track tested. A lot of what I read hear are theories of some which may not have even driven the car.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The car looks good on the bench and the track. I look forward to losing to them for years to come.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

The car looked really good by the end of IIC. You guys are just trying to talk yourselves out if buying a car.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

There were other newly released cars there that looked like crap. Xray was way better than the other new releases except the bd7. And volker was driving it. I'm sure he coulda won with a tc4
Old 10-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Smile

Development never ends for the manufacturers, not in R/C or and def not in full scale racing. Redbull just added double DRS for the Suzuka Grand Prix. Lotus is working on that too. AE has been testing parts for the TC6.1 and just released them in the WC kit. If you look closely at a a pros car you'll spot interesting things changing race to race. That's how it is. If you are not constantly developing the platform you are losing ground.

If you want to wait for a fully developed car you will never buy one.

BTW, I would say all the T4's making their mains was a huge success at a race of this level.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mb3195
And?
And if you use the setup that comes with it, and make some smal changes like 1000wt in geardiff ading a few shims on the car, you have a car that is better than the T3

And to all of you that are taking BS about the car..... have you driven the car yet?..... no you haven't so don't talk about something you can't know anything about.....

Anf for all you Yokomo fans.... what about all the diffrent rear arms
Old 10-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by HappyHippo
And if you use the setup that comes with it, and make some smal changes like 1000wt in geardiff ading a few shims on the car, you have a car that is better than the T3

And to all of you that are taking BS about the car..... have you driven the car yet?..... no you haven't so don't talk about something you can't know anything about.....

Anf for all you Yokomo fans.... what about all the diffrent rear arms
What shimming it up to raise your cg back-up and get more lean and steering? By the way as an educated consumer I would like to be research everything on the products Im buying. Is not talking b.s. as you put it but the fact is that the car did not fare better than cars price comparably lower than it or the model it preceeded. About driving it . I wish manufacturers will give you a test drive before deciding which one to buy but since that's not the case We have to rely on the results of this racing events and make our own decisions.

Last edited by porsche928gs; 10-07-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.