Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kellen Guthrie
Your wires from the motor to the speed control must be ridiculously long haha.
not ridiculous at all,about
4 1/2 " long and as the wires all run down the center line balance is awesome
Old 06-05-2013, 02:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
How is 4th at Reedy, a "Bad performance"

Seemed every round of qualifying at least 2 motors gave up the ghost
Spec racing is more expensive than mod if 240* motor temps are necessary ?
Originally Posted by JOE SI
4th overall? Good showing IMO
motors coming off at 240 without popping, how did they even get that high and finish a race
I qualified 4th but ended up 8th in the mains. I could have done better that's what I meant. My point was to get across that the T4 is a good car and there is no reason to go buy the car of the week.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chasingthepack
hpi plazma 6500mah=305 gms,gm motor=? orion r10 esc = 44gms,savox shorty servo=40gms,futaba reciever=7 gms
and a load of steel screws,i just couldnt get it to turn in the way i needed so it went on a diet,i now have all four corners within 6 gms
What scales are you using? As those weights look pretty normal to me and not too different from mine, which weighs 1364g including that Nosram heatsink.

Skiddins
Old 06-05-2013, 04:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dpatterson26
I qualified 4th but ended up 8th in the mains. I could have done better that's what I meant. My point was to get across that the T4 is a good car and there is no reason to go buy the car of the week.
+1
Old 06-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

When you guys give the weights of your cars, are you also including tires and body?
Old 06-05-2013, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jamison R
...I don't wanna buy the car of the week....
So don't.

Wow, too many US drivers really do seem to obsess about the 'paint drying' classes.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
So don't.

Wow, too many US drivers really do seem to obsess about the 'paint drying' classes.
HEY!!!! Don't include 90% of the us with the 10% that buy in the concept of what wins on Sunday they will buy on Monday....

Last edited by bvoltz; 06-05-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U
When you guys give the weights of your cars, are you also including tires and body?
We weigh the car race ready, as if you are setting it on the track... So yes... and don't for get the body clips....
Old 06-05-2013, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

So don't.

I love my T4!!!!
If you ask me the guys that won would've won with a T4 that day too. All the cars are good when the driver is having a good day in 17.5.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I know a guy that had 3 different cars and just got his 4th and went thru 2 brand new radios and still can't beat me. I've only been racing 17.5 since Xmas and he's been racing for years. If you have enough time to test and practice you will eventually have whatever car you drive in that secret window where every change you make just makes it better. Oh and those 3 cars have been since january
Old 06-05-2013, 11:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Reedy

Originally Posted by dpatterson26
There is no reason to get rid of the T4. I qualified 4th at Reedy in 17.5. The Awesomatix cars were definitely good and they were in good hands. I can't blame the car for my bad performance that weekend at all. One of the biggest problems with the Reedy race is this year you needed to have an endless supply of motors at your fingertips, they were pulling them off the track at 240* in the mains.
I ran the same motor from Friday till Sunday and it never got over 200 deg. There were a lot of blown motors due to people overgearing . I was around 4.3 all week I heard guys as low as 3.4. I have to say there was a lot people that had bad luck cause there was a few fast guys in the b. I think one of them melted down three motors. First you must finish in qual points .
Old 06-06-2013, 12:25 AM
Tech Addict

What scales are you using? As those weights look pretty normal to me and not too different from mine, which weighs 1364g including that Nosram heatsink.

Skiddins
theres a point my kitchen scales are 14 yrs old lol,but no they work fine,i cant work out how it was so heavy either but its down now just hope it handles better,the corners scales give the same weight when added up,what does your shell weigh mines 104gms (src kruzer),i cant be bothered with the lw shells yet ,maybe once ive stopped crashing ill go back to the lw,i have a ltcr lw and thats 94 gms,mazda speed 6 102 gm,if the club scales are about on sunday ill get it on them
Old 06-06-2013, 07:52 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

So don't.

No obsession here. T4 still looking good on my shelf. Only gets raced or even run once every other month. On-road is dying off in this part of the US. Sad as it may be

My personal opinion is that the 17.5 paint dry class has become a motor and battery war again. This is the slower class but cost more? No wonder on-road is dying off here in the US. No place for the entry level guy to start.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:09 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jsr555
As Sith mentioned previously we are still running foams and while you can run rubber, they are not competitive compared to the foams. We run on a type of industrial carpet in an exhibition centre so can't use any additives. Most guys run 40 on the front and 37 (shore) on the rear. 26mm all round. I was running a T4 with the spool but have since gone done to a gear diff with 100k oil in it. Not much difference in lap times but a bit easier to drive.
The fast guys running T4's are using 5k to 10k in their front diffs but I did not like the lack of drive out of the corners, but maybe that's why they are the fast guys and not me.

The rest is kit setup except for the springs, I didn't like the 2.7 all round, so run 2.9 front and 2.3-2.6 on the rear.
We run 17.5 turbo or 13.5 blinky in the same class. (I use 13.5 blinky)

As the track is small (10x15m) the laptimes are identical.

As for tyres, I felt most comfortable with 42 front, 40 rear, although others use as high as 50. (Our track is high bite).

I have a brand new set of Enettis ready to go on

As my current car is 4+ seasons old (415msxx) it will be a bit of an unknown wether I can hold my own and get into the A with a new car!

Hopefully I wont have to spend anything,or very little getting the T4 dialled in on foam tyres.

Everyone in the A where I race does better with the diff up front, as you say, you cant get the rotation with a spool up front, the car pushes too much, push too hard and you are going into the wooden barriers with a risk of braking your car every time....

Not something I want to be doing with a £400 chassis (well thats the street price once a diff goes in too)....
Old 06-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamison R
No obsession here. T4 still looking good on my shelf. Only gets raced or even run once every other month. On-road is dying off in this part of the US. Sad as it may be

My personal opinion is that the 17.5 paint dry class has become a motor and battery war again. This is the slower class but cost more? No wonder on-road is dying off here in the US. No place for the entry level guy to start.
17.5 is as expensive or inexpensive as people make it. Since the majority of racers are doing so at the club level, 17.5 doesn't need to be expensive at all. Additionally, VTA is a great place for beginners. Heck, most of the guys running 17.5 can't drive anyway, so I could see people starting there as well. It's when people are attempting to compete at the upper levels that spec racing becomes cost prohibitive for many, and I doubt this will ever change.

With most racers only racing in smaller events, I don't see why they should concern themselves with what a select few are doing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.