R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-02-2013, 09:10 AM   #3916
Tech Master
 
edhchoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: vancouver, wa, usa
Posts: 1,509
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Add more droop to the rear. The car will be able to transfer more weight to the front when slowing down.
edhchoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:18 AM   #3917
Tech Elite
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,335
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack View Post
So have anybody found that the car pushing on entry. I tried 2.7's springs all the way around that did not help much. I am running the basic asphalt set for now. I need to know the fix for this.
There are a heap of things you can do: stand up front shocks, less rear toe in, shorten front camber link, softer front swaybar, lighter rear diff oil..etc.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #3918
Tech Elite
 
TT_Vert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Streamwood, IL.
Posts: 3,741
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTEsdefcone;12215226]There are a heap of things you can do: stand up front shocks, less rear toe in, shorten front camber link, softer front swaybar, lighter rear diff oil..etc.[/QUOTE]



Won't standing up the front shocks stiffen the front end?
TT_Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:41 AM   #3919
Tech Regular
 
rack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 455
Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default

thanks for the help
rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #3920
Tech Addict
 
chasingthepack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: hanworth uk
Posts: 728
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT_Vert View Post
[QUOTEsdefcone;12215226]There are a heap of things you can do: stand up front shocks, less rear toe in, shorten front camber link, softer front swaybar, lighter rear diff oil..etc.


Won't standing up the front shocks stiffen the front end?[/QUOTE]yes but as the weight transfers to the front it pushes the tyres into the surface harder,i would stand up the shocks 1 hole and drop the rear droop by a 1/2
__________________
yokomo bd7 16_lrp works team-trinity d4 17.5_futaba 4pks_futaba bls
wet/damp car xray t4-14-r10 pro-team wave 17.5 savox 1251
chasingthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #3921
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,111
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT_Vert View Post
[QUOTEsdefcone;12215226]There are a heap of things you can do: stand up front shocks, less rear toe in, shorten front camber link, softer front swaybar, lighter rear diff oil..etc.


Won't standing up the front shocks stiffen the front end?[/QUOTE]

This worked best for me and gave me more steering.
JOE SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #3922
Tech Elite
 
TT_Vert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Streamwood, IL.
Posts: 3,741
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE SI View Post
Won't standing up the front shocks stiffen the front end?
This worked best for me and gave me more steering.[/QUOTE]

So conversely, stiffening the rear end will help on power rear traction? I just don't get this as there just isn't as much weight allowed to transfer.

Dave
TT_Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #3923
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,111
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

IMO stiffening the front will make the front dive less but since the shocks will be a little stiffer push down on the tires more giving more steering and grip
JOE SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:20 PM   #3924
Tech Fanatic
 
erchn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Union City, CA
Posts: 777
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE SI View Post
IMO stiffening the front will make the front dive less but since the shocks will be a little stiffer push down on the tires more giving more steering and grip
I'm going to state a non-answer, but IMO it's true. Nothing in car setup is an absolute.

When someone says, "I need more steering", that can mean quite a few things. Stiffening the front-end as JOE and defcone have recommended can certainly help certain types of steering. In particular initial steering will be improved, making the car feel more "direct". It can hamper other portions of the steering equation, but since the original request was to get into the corner faster it can help. It's also true that with a softer spring you'll transition weight more quickly and can get you to mid-corner faster which will let the car's roll take effect, generating rotation.

Take a look at Martin Crisp's mobile app, there are many times that it says something along the lines of, "do this, but sometimes do the opposite". It's all relative to the other factors effecting the car, most specifically tires and track conditions.

Some options were certainly presented, and they just might meet your needs. Testing in your specific situation is the right answer. Above all, take notes as to your results, and try no more than 1 or two things at a time, preferably 1, otherwise you'll be unaware of what worked or didn't work.

Good luck.
Ethan
__________________
RCAmerica ; Team Powers USA ; Reflex Racing ; RC≥ RC Crew Chief ; Bezerk RC
erchn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #3925
Tech Elite
 
nerdling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Canberra
Posts: 2,804
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Hi Guys,

chasing a bit of corner exit stability. The setup is mostly kit with 1k diff oil. I've got nice turn in and don't want to loose any. I'm thinking less front droop will give me what I need.

Thoughts?
__________________
ACT EP10 & EP12 ONR Titles, February 26th to 29thth 2016.

--XRAY--NOSRAM--PROTOFORM--MUCHMORE--
www.teamxray.com -- www.hudy.net -- www.hobbyexpress.com.au
http://www.rcracedatesaustralia.com/
nerdling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #3926
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,111
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by erchn View Post
I'm going to state a non-answer, but IMO it's true. Nothing in car setup is an absolute.

When someone says, "I need more steering", that can mean quite a few things. Stiffening the front-end as JOE and defcone have recommended can certainly help certain types of steering. In particular initial steering will be improved, making the car feel more "direct". It can hamper other portions of the steering equation, but since the original request was to get into the corner faster it can help. It's also true that with a softer spring you'll transition weight more quickly and can get you to mid-corner faster which will let the car's roll take effect, generating rotation.

Take a look at Martin Crisp's mobile app, there are many times that it says something along the lines of, "do this, but sometimes do the opposite". It's all relative to the other factors effecting the car, most specifically tires and track conditions.

Some options were certainly presented, and they just might meet your needs. Testing in your specific situation is the right answer. Above all, take notes as to your results, and try no more than 1 or two things at a time, preferably 1, otherwise you'll be unaware of what worked or didn't work.

Good luck.
Ethan
I totally agree, the only way is to make a change and test since no one really knows what the rest of the car feels like. Someone else can drive it, love it and say leave it alone.
In my situation, I needed turn in and it worked so I'd recommend to try it
JOE SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #3927
Tech Addict
 
Kellen Guthrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 598
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdling View Post
Hi Guys,

chasing a bit of corner exit stability. The setup is mostly kit with 1k diff oil. I've got nice turn in and don't want to loose any. I'm thinking less front droop will give me what I need.

Thoughts?
Less front droop will keep more weight on the front end and give you more on power steering. Try going the other way. If you have more front droop the front end will pick up off the ground more and more weight will transfer to the rear end.
__________________
LRP America
Kellen Guthrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:42 PM   #3928
Tech Elite
 
nerdling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Canberra
Posts: 2,804
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellen Guthrie View Post
Less front droop will keep more weight on the front end and give you more on power steering. Try going the other way. If you have more front droop the front end will pick up off the ground more and more weight will transfer to the rear end.
Will do...

thx.
__________________
ACT EP10 & EP12 ONR Titles, February 26th to 29thth 2016.

--XRAY--NOSRAM--PROTOFORM--MUCHMORE--
www.teamxray.com -- www.hudy.net -- www.hobbyexpress.com.au
http://www.rcracedatesaustralia.com/
nerdling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:15 AM   #3929
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 16
Default

hi all,
i noticed that i have a certain play (say about 1.5mm) in the layshaft, which moves horintoally inside the layshaft bulkheads... but nothing is wrong, the bulkheads have the correct orientation, the bearings are not damaged... so is this ok ? i don't think that so much play is ok, sometimes the 20t pulleys scrub against the bulkheads if the layshaft is all the way to left or right....

i definitly need some advice...thx
fabrc68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:12 AM   #3930
Tech Addict
 
chasingthepack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: hanworth uk
Posts: 728
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdling View Post
Hi Guys,

chasing a bit of corner exit stability. The setup is mostly kit with 1k diff oil. I've got nice turn in and don't want to loose any. I'm thinking less front droop will give me what I need.

Thoughts?
try a thicker oil in the diff,go up to 2000cst
__________________
yokomo bd7 16_lrp works team-trinity d4 17.5_futaba 4pks_futaba bls
wet/damp car xray t4-14-r10 pro-team wave 17.5 savox 1251
chasingthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xray T3 2012 rasta_man Electric On-Road 4220 11-09-2016 02:45 PM
RC10B4/T4 Forum DerekL Electric Off-Road 14331 01-01-2016 03:18 PM
****HUGE AE T4 TRUCK TIRE SALE *** CRCDUDE R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 08-23-2010 09:55 AM


Tags
xray t4


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:47 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0