Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-30-2013, 05:23 AM   #3346
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellen Guthrie View Post
What breaks on this car?
In 3 months 5-6 races ( I still crash ) nothing so far, but I'll say the usual
c-hubs, arms, knuckles rear upright. When I bought mine I bought 1 extra of everything plastic and an extra set of bearings
JOE SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:54 AM   #3347
Tech Master

Is there any advantage of using the aluminum c hubs, rear uprights and knuckles?
I can get them cheap
Old 04-30-2013, 06:00 AM   #3348
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post

Just about done with my stock car! Mod car has been robbed to finish up the stock car.
I have an extra set of shocks I'm willing to part with if its what u need, I built them and haven't used them.. I paid $50 x 2 since they come in package with 2 shocks
Old 04-30-2013, 06:43 AM   #3349
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE SI View Post
Is there any advantage of using the aluminum c hubs, rear uprights and knuckles?
I can get them cheap
No, more unsprung weight, plus they don't flex all in a big crash, they bend.
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:07 AM   #3350
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
No, more unsprung weight, plus they don't flex all in a big crash, they bend.
That's the biggest reason I never installed them, in a crash the slightest bend will have someone looking for the reason the car is tweaked and never find it, and the bend will never be noticeable by the naked eye
Old 04-30-2013, 08:34 AM   #3351
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

edhchoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:43 AM   #3352
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE SI View Post
I have an extra set of shocks I'm willing to part with if its what u need, I built them and haven't used them.. I paid $50 x 2 since they come in package with 2 shocks
Thank you, but I actually just need a servo to finish the mod car. I just haven't put shocks on the stock car yet.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #3353
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Only thing I break/bend are ECS. Once in a great while a front plastic part or a rear hub.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:57 AM   #3354
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Only thing I break/bend are ECS. Once in a great while a front plastic part or a rear hub.
Pretty much the same here. I've broken a top deck as well.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #3355
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just want to let you guys know that we've received our first batch of shocktowers for the Xray T4

Our shocktowers are designed to enable the use of LP shocks but retain full length springs. During testing it was very clear the full length springs are superior to the short springs and thus we designed our shocktowers to enable the use of both type of springs.

The DS Motorsport carbon fibre shocktowers for the Xray T4 raise the shockmounting point by a small amount which enables the user to run normal length springs with the LP dampers. This option will give the racer the best of both worlds, the low CoG of the LP dampers and shocktowers combined with the superior performance of the full length (HPI) springs.
The mounting height for the rear bodyposts has remained the same compared to the standard shocktowers.

The shocktowers are currently in stock and sold through the following site:

http://www.capricornrc.nl/dsmotorsport/shocktowers

We've also designed a carbon fibre shim to move the motor outwards by 3mm.
The very centralized motormount of the T4 works great on carpet but during testing on asphalt we found the car could use a bit more chassis roll.
By moving the motor more towards the outside of the chassis the car will roll more and generate more traction and heat into the tires. This works exceptionally well when in cold conditions or when traction is low.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:48 PM   #3356
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

For you guys that use the blocks and gauge to set droop....

If I have my RH at 5.4 and using 5.6 on the droop gauge, when I change my RH to 5.0 will I go to 5.2 on the droop gauge or 6.0 to have the same setting as before?
PROMODVETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #3357
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

If I understand you correctly, you'll be going to 6.0 to maintain the same ORH value.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:46 PM   #3358
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
Just want to let you guys know that we've received our first batch of shocktowers for the Xray T4

Our shocktowers are designed to enable the use of LP shocks but retain full length springs. During testing it was very clear the full length springs are superior to the short springs and thus we designed our shocktowers to enable the use of both type of springs.

The DS Motorsport carbon fibre shocktowers for the Xray T4 raise the shockmounting point by a small amount which enables the user to run normal length springs with the LP dampers. This option will give the racer the best of both worlds, the low CoG of the LP dampers and shocktowers combined with the superior performance of the full length (HPI) springs.
The mounting height for the rear bodyposts has remained the same compared to the standard shocktowers.

The very centralized motormount of the T4 works great on carpet but during testing on asphalt we found the car could use a bit more chassis roll.
By moving the motor more towards the outside of the chassis the car will roll more and generate more traction and heat into the tires. This works exceptionally well when in cold conditions or when traction is low.

Can u post a pic with the shim mounted?

Chris Kemper
Osiris 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:02 AM   #3359
Tech Apprentice

Quote:

Hahaha , with all respect , who want to raise the shocks now all other lower theirs. I think that both Jurai and Martin Hudy have tried this , and didn't go that way because the lower shocks are the best way. Also with the Tamiya team on their 417. Waist of money.
Who want a carbon fibre plate between motor and mount? I would prefer it in alu to transfer the heat
HB-forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:29 AM   #3360
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:

Hello there, what length did you have the t4 shocks at to use this conversion?
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote