R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-10-2013, 09:01 PM   #3211
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Skype™ to martinskarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleburr View Post
Still pretty early days, at the moment even Alex H looks to be using a standard car. The performance of the T4 is already fantastic although I'm sure they will find little ways to improve it.

Maybe a couple of usability things would be nice, like being able to change the spur without removing the topdeck, and a built-in bumper brace.

It's such a fantastic car they're going to struggle with the next round of optimisations
In the setup sheets they have a "option motor mount" is that avalable yet? I have not found it in Asia yet..

Anyhow, I guess what changes they might do to the car is to include a part like this and small things like that..

Alex do something with the steering but I am not sure exactly what it is..
martinskarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:20 PM   #3212
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Can anyone take a picture of the top desk front mod (cut) and post it?

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #3213
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
+1

Running this setup too at Norcal. Feels better versus the stock progressive rear springs. I tried the 2.7F/2.3R combo but it was too much understeer for my liking. The 2.7/2.5 feels about right.
What oil? How many holes in piston?
With the box setup I believe it's 4 hole 1.1, it feel way to soft and under steers big time, I went to 450 and the 2.7/2.5 f/r like a few people have recommended well see on sunday
JOE SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:11 AM   #3214
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Running box setup. I agree I think the 350 oil is too soft and am fighting a bit of roll. I'm going to rebuild the shocks and use the same oil though and try 100% rebound to see if theres a slight change in feel or not thru the corners. Its at 50% right now, but I don't like how it feels in the sweepers, its okay thru the chicanes. I'll bump up to 400 oil next if I'm still not happy.

With the current setup, I was able to fight for TQ in my heat for the sportsman class. I still feel I could squeeze more performance out of it and make less mistakes so I can put down a 22-lapper.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #3215
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoltz View Post
Can anyone take a picture of the top desk front mod (cut) and post it?
I haven't done it to mine yet, but I see Andrew's cars all the time. It's a small cut down the middle, from the center of the forked area at the front just down to the first hole that some people use for a belt tensioner or an extra body post.
locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:17 AM   #3216
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Running box setup. I agree I think the 350 oil is too soft and am fighting a bit of roll. I'm going to rebuild the shocks and use the same oil though and try 100% rebound to see if theres a slight change in feel or not thru the corners. Its at 50% right now, but I don't like how it transitions thru chicanes. I'll bump up to 400 oil next if I'm still not happy.

With the current setup, I was able to fight for TQ in my heat for the sportsman class. I still feel I could squeeze more performance out of it and make less mistakes so I can put down a 22-lapper.
I have 500 all around on the car now just to see the difference from 350 but have a full set with 450 on the side just in case...
Also agree the car has too much roll but can easily be fixed other than that I've been faster with this car than my photon from lap 1
Old 04-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #3217
Tech Master

And it's so much easier to work on!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #3218
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by locked View Post
I haven't done it to mine yet, but I see Andrew's cars all the time. It's a small cut down the middle, from the center of the forked area at the front just down to the first hole that some people use for a belt tensioner or an extra body post.
What does this mod claim to do?
Old 04-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #3219
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE SI View Post
What does this mod claim to do?
More front flex, on our low-medium grip asphalt in Australia; it doesn't really do anything.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #3220
Tech Master

I need some help, can someone explain the wheelbase part of the setup sheet?
When the shim is marked for example 2mm in front of front/rear arm, do I just add shims to take up the slop front/rear?
It might be a dumb question but there's 3 boxes with lines to where it goes but the lines go thru the other box and it confuses me
Old 04-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #3221
Tech Elite

Quote:
When the shim is marked for example 2mm in front of front/rear arm, do I just add shims to take up the slop front/rear?
It might be a dumb question but there's 3 boxes with lines to where it goes but the lines go thru the other box and it confuses me
Yeah pretty much, for example there are 2 1mm shims you can put there, if there's 1 1mm ticked it means that 1mm go in the front of the front and the rest go in the rear of the front, the same is with the back of the car.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:14 PM   #3222
Tech Addict

Quote:
don't add shims to get rid of the slop. stock set is 1mm in front/behind front arm. rear arm is 2mm in front of rear arm 1mm behind for a 257 wheelbase. I tried EA's setup at 256 wheelbase on a technical track and the car was a breeze to drive. flip the 2mm and the 1mm.

to get rid of the "slop" w/ the arms, lossen the holders, squeeze the holders together w/ your fingers and retighten.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #3223
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
I have 500 all around on the car now just to see the difference from 350 but have a full set with 450 on the side just in case...
Also agree the car has too much roll but can easily be fixed other than that I've been faster with this car than my photon from lap 1
I tried heavier damping combinations but, for me the car is most consistent with 350cst 2.7/2.5. I am running short links (inner #1), seems to keep the car a little flatter in the corners without sacrificing too much grip. Might be worth a try...
Old 04-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #3224
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcar951 View Post
I tried heavier damping combinations but, for me the car is most consistent with 350cst 2.7/2.5. I am running short links (inner #1), seems to keep the car a little flatter in the corners without sacrificing too much grip. Might be worth a try...
Only had a few hours the first time but this weekend I'm going to have some time with it to play with stuff
Old 04-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #3225
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigz84 View Post
don't add shims to get rid of the slop. stock set is 1mm in front/behind front arm. rear arm is 2mm in front of rear arm 1mm behind for a 257 wheelbase. I tried EA's setup at 256 wheelbase on a technical track and the car was a breeze to drive. flip the 2mm and the 1mm.

to get rid of the "slop" w/ the arms, lossen the holders, squeeze the holders together w/ your fingers and retighten.
Gotcha