R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #3166
Tech Apprentice

Default T4 Chassis

I run stock 17.5 at a few local indoor carpet tracks with numerous other T4 owners. We have noticed the underside of the chassis edge will get a build up of carpet/traction/etc "gunk". Of course it easily cleans off in between rounds. Apparently, this is a common trait?

My consern is that this summer I will be running outdoor asphalt and conserned the chassis edges may take a beating. I found there are chassis protector films (mostly for off road) that may help?

I suspect some of you have encountered this running outdoor and just looking for your suggestion.
regets ama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #3167
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by regets ama View Post
I run stock 17.5 at a few local indoor carpet tracks with numerous other T4 owners. We have noticed the underside of the chassis edge will get a build up of carpet/traction/etc "gunk". Of course it easily cleans off in between rounds. Apparently, this is a common trait?

My consern is that this summer I will be running outdoor asphalt and conserned the chassis edges may take a beating. I found there are chassis protector films (mostly for off road) that may help?

I suspect some of you have encountered this running outdoor and just looking for your suggestion.
All TCs have this issue on tarmac, even the very narrow ones.

I just slap some battery tape along the underside at the start of the day in the places where I know it rubs (usually under the motor and at the rear edge).
daleburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #3168
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Just got a new 6500 90c team Orion battery, haven't even charged it yet looks kinda puffed all ready. Anyone else have one of these batteries notice if thier battery looks this way and are they suppost to sit flush on the chassis?

This may of been covered b4. Is there a mod Or a part, I can buy so the armature and pinion dont rub against the battery...?

Using a tekin 13.5

Last edited by yodace; 04-06-2013 at 11:20 PM.
yodace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:08 AM   #3169
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default SHES DONE!!!!

Went together like butter, I will never buy used again unless its like brand new but this car feels top of the line... My only issue was the front shocks felt really bouncy, the problem was the front droop screws were too far in before setting droop and were even further in after setting it but other than that which was my mistake it went too good for my first time building out of the box... The car is pretty, thanks everyone who answered my "NOOB" ?'s and all your posts saying how good the car is
Attached Thumbnails
The New Xray T4 '13-image.jpg  
JOE SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:12 AM   #3170
Tech Master

Only question is, how tight should the belts be at my first run?
Didn't tighten or loosen yet since I'm not too sure, how should they feel to the touch?
Thanks in advance
Old 04-07-2013, 04:29 AM   #3171
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodace View Post
Just got a new 6500 90c team Orion battery, haven't even charged it yet looks kinda puffed all ready. Anyone else have one of these batteries notice if thier battery looks this way and are they suppost to sit flush on the chassis?

This may of been covered b4. Is there a mod Or a part, I can buy so the armature and pinion dont rub against the battery...?

Using a tekin 13.5
These packs normally fit ok in my T4. Note: you have to run most standard pinions on backwards (ie. grub screw towards the battery pack) as the car is designed to use the narrow xray pinions.

I have had issues with my 6500/90C orion packs puffing too, although after about 12 months of use - not the first run.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #3172
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I don't have pinion on it yet just noticed when i put the battery in the armature runs the battery
yodace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #3173
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE SI View Post
Only question is, how tight should the belts be at my first run?
Didn't tighten or loosen yet since I'm not too sure, how should they feel to the touch?
Thanks in advance
don't know which class your running, but i first started the front belt at stock setting, and i loosened the rear belt 1 notch from stock setting. the rer belt felt to tight at stock setting for my liking. I just tightened the front belt yesterday 1 notch as my front belt has started to stretch and skip, in 17.5 blinky.

i was taught to tap the belt by the pulley to make sure it was tight by the pulley, so there wasn't a lot of play for it to skip.

hope this helps
Old 04-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #3174
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigz84 View Post
don't know which class your running, but i first started the front belt at stock setting, and i loosened the rear belt 1 notch from stock setting. the rer belt felt to tight at stock setting for my liking. I just tightened the front belt yesterday 1 notch as my front belt has started to stretch and skip, in 17.5 blinky.

i was taught to tap the belt by the pulley to make sure it was tight by the pulley, so there wasn't a lot of play for it to skip.

hope this helps
For sure it helps thanks
Old 04-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #3175
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodace View Post
I don't have pinion on it yet just noticed when i put the battery in the armature runs the battery
Might be the tekin armature? I haven't had a problem with trinity D3 or D3.5 motors.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #3176
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigz84 View Post

hope this helps
I ask this cause with stock settings the back belt feels real tight and front really loose
Old 04-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #3177
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Need some help guys. I'm running on asphalt with kit setup in 21.5 class with sorex 36r's. The rear end of the car wants to step out at mid corner or when I back off the throttle.

Any advice on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
bee200sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:22 PM   #3178
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermit View Post
Might be the tekin armature? I haven't had a problem with trinity D3 or D3.5 motors.
The shaft on my Reedy has plenty of clearance.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #3179
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee200sx View Post
Need some help guys. I'm running on asphalt with kit setup in 21.5 class with sorex 36r's. The rear end of the car wants to step out at mid corner or when I back off the throttle.

Any advice on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
You should post more of your setup so we have a better idea of what is going on with it.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:10 PM   #3180
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertcooper88 View Post
You should post more of your setup so we have a better idea of what is going on with it.
Its the standard kit asphalt setup at the moment, I haven't changed anything as yet.

The only other thing I can think of is I'm running 21.5 blinky class with Sorex 36r's. Medium sized medium traction outdoor asphalt track, track temp around about 30-35 degrees celc.

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/xray...phaltSetup.pdf

Thanks.
bee200sx is offline   Reply With Quote