Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt W
Hi,

Does anyone know the weight of the new CSO Hard bumper for the T4?
a must have
Old 03-20-2013, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

ROAR NATIONALS THIS PAST WEEKEND @ HORSHAM RACEWAY!

XRAY T4 TAKES 1ST AND 2ND! Great win for Craig Xavier and Art for 2nd!

stock sedan had approx 60 entries!
Attached Thumbnails Xray T4 '13-roar-nats-podium-pics.jpg   Xray T4 '13-roar-nats-pics.jpg  
Old 03-20-2013, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I posted this in the ask Paul section, but I figured since its related to the t4 I would ask you all as well!
Paul,
I've been having an issue with my car and I'm not sure it's actually an issue. If I lay the chassis on droop blocks the front block isn't as snug on the right hand side as the left. The rear has equal resistance on both sides. If I run a block down the chassis there is no gap or visible light anywhere to be seen. Ride height is equal left to right front/rear so I'm thinking it is not tweaked. Keep in mind when the lack of resistance is felt the car does not have a battery in it, but otherwise is full weight. With a battery in, there is equal resistance on all four corners. The chassis is balanced left to right as long as my battery is in it. I'm thinking it all comes down to a lack of weight, but I wanted your input.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:04 AM
Tech Regular

Anytime you do any setup adjustment or change your car needs to be in race ready form. That being said, with your battery not installed your chassis will want to lean towards the left because the weight of the electronics.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCFREAK
ROAR NATIONALS THIS PAST WEEKEND @ HORSHAM RACEWAY!

XRAY T4 TAKES 1ST AND 2ND! Great win for Craig Xavier and Art for 2nd!

stock sedan had approx 60 entries!
T4's were dialed at the nats.
While some struggled with traction rolling when grip came up...I did not see any "orange" and carbon rolling through the sweeper.

Arvin did great too.
Guy snuck into the big show on his last qualifier and proceeded to kick some a*s.
Was awesome to see.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

where can i get the best deal on a T4. i saw a link on the rctech page one time 499 with free shiping.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

It's out of stock right now, but A Main has it for $530 and you can use this code for $25 off.

CALPMAR2513
Old 03-23-2013, 05:29 AM
Tech Adept

Default Over heating the tyres!!

Hi,

I run sorex 28's Jb on a fairly small tight and twisty carpet track. The car is great at the beginning of the meeting but I find that as the track rubbers in the tyres start to go off slightly and start over heating nearer the end of a race. I only have the additive on for around 15 mins and dont use tyre warmers.

I was wondering what kind of changes I could make to the car throughout the meeting to prevent the tyres from over heating nearer the end of a race. I am using the thinner top deck which I thought would help with this as the extra flex would mean the tyres were used less?

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated!
Old 03-23-2013, 05:44 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

I also had this problem a few months ago and a good solution i found was to drive a bit different, to use less brake and to let the car more "roll"
You can also try the std topdeck so the car will "work" less and maybe the tires will stay cooler, but i'm not really sure about that
Old 03-23-2013, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Hi,

I run sorex 28's Jb on a fairly small tight and twisty carpet track. The car is great at the beginning of the meeting but I find that as the track rubbers in the tyres start to go off slightly and start over heating nearer the end of a race. I only have the additive on for around 15 mins and dont use tyre warmers.

I was wondering what kind of changes I could make to the car throughout the meeting to prevent the tyres from over heating nearer the end of a race. I am using the thinner top deck which I thought would help with this as the extra flex would mean the tyres were used less?

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated!
Matt which track do you mean?
Is it the front or rear tyres that are overheating, or both?
Old 03-23-2013, 07:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Matt which track do you mean?
Is it the front or rear tyres that are overheating, or both?
Its up at wodson on a fri night so quite a grippy track! Its prob mainly the rears that are over heating but it seems the car becomes very edgy near the end of a race, especially at the end of the night with finals!
Old 03-23-2013, 08:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Its up at wodson on a fri night so quite a grippy track! Its prob mainly the rears that are over heating but it seems the car becomes very edgy near the end of a race, especially at the end of the night with finals!
Old tires or tire brand..
Old 03-23-2013, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Heavier oil and softer springs typically will help with tire overheating.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default over heating

hi matt, will would try removing a little bit of droop from the rear, about .3mm to start with also are the gt12's running oil based additives on their foam tyres?
Old 03-23-2013, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Did you actually measure the tyre temps?
I ask as as the grip level gets higher, my car starts to understeer more and feel too safe.

What is your setup?
I would also go back to the standard top deck. At Newbury I found that the tin top deck was no faster or slower, but did make the car slightly more difficult to drive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.