R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #2956
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunowill View Post
Hey guys I have finally got my T4 running well and brought my lap times down by a second or so ....So i know my changes to the car are doing something for me .

However I am dealing with a slight off power push .

What type of things can I do to improve that for me ? Im not to sure what I can touch or what setting I can make to help with an off power push ....Basically pushing during corner entry .

Any help would be great

Thanks in advance.
The progressive rear springs make the rear end really lazy. Put a 2.5 spring in the rear. This will give you more steering.

I usually drive with 2.5 springs on both ends to get more steering.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #2957
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Roof height is no longer measured.
Because you have to have some of the front bumper still on the car there is a limit to how much lower it can go. Any more and the wheels would rub in the wheel wells when cornering.

Skiddins

Are you planning on doing a BRCA meeting?
No, I will not, it is only for me the question about the BRCA body set-up.
I was thinking how you do the racing with a higher body set-up.
Thanks a lot

Ed
eded1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:15 PM   #2958
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Skype™ to martinskarin
Default High speed track set-up help needed

Posted this at Xray forums but post it here as well..

As we started to practice outdoors the last week the track is very different from the smaller indoor track we have. This track is very large with no real hairpins or very sharp corners, there are big curbs that is possible to attack without rolling over or crashing. I was searching for set-up for a while and went pretty soft due to dirty track but soon figured out that a harder car was much more stable and consistent and rotated better in the corners and I got the lap time down pretty much.

However I still have one main issue that slows me down compared to others and that is the high speed corner after the long straight, I can go full throttle (5,5FDR, 13,5 medium boosted) but the steering is not really enough and it is very dangerous to try it since I cannot hit the curb there because of the speed and need to stay a little safe from cutting the corner too hard. What can I do to get some more steering here to be able to go on full thottle though this corner in a controlled way?

My set-up is pretty much according to the asphalt standard setup sheet apart from the harder progressive springs in the back. I also removed the screws from the top-deck at the layshaft bulkhead and felt I got more traction in total all over the track. Tires is Team Powers 32 and that will be the tires used for most races this year it seems.

The second question is, how to think when searching for improvements on such a large track, is a stiffer car generally better in this high speed conidtions? I am more used to carpet tracks from Sweden and not to large outdoor asphalt tracks so this is a bit new to me.

Things I want to try next week is
More camber in the front
Two piece suspension holder in the front
450cst shock oil
Stiffer roll bars front and back
2000cst diff oil

Is this reasonable changes to try out? What else can I try?

Thank you!
martinskarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:03 AM   #2959
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinskarin View Post
Posted this at Xray forums but post it here as well..

As we started to practice outdoors the last week the track is very different from the smaller indoor track we have. This track is very large with no real hairpins or very sharp corners, there are big curbs that is possible to attack without rolling over or crashing. I was searching for set-up for a while and went pretty soft due to dirty track but soon figured out that a harder car was much more stable and consistent and rotated better in the corners and I got the lap time down pretty much.

However I still have one main issue that slows me down compared to others and that is the high speed corner after the long straight, I can go full throttle (5,5FDR, 13,5 medium boosted) but the steering is not really enough and it is very dangerous to try it since I cannot hit the curb there because of the speed and need to stay a little safe from cutting the corner too hard. What can I do to get some more steering here to be able to go on full thottle though this corner in a controlled way?

My set-up is pretty much according to the asphalt standard setup sheet apart from the harder progressive springs in the back. I also removed the screws from the top-deck at the layshaft bulkhead and felt I got more traction in total all over the track. Tires is Team Powers 32 and that will be the tires used for most races this year it seems.

The second question is, how to think when searching for improvements on such a large track, is a stiffer car generally better in this high speed conidtions? I am more used to carpet tracks from Sweden and not to large outdoor asphalt tracks so this is a bit new to me.

Things I want to try next week is
More camber in the front
Two piece suspension holder in the front
450cst shock oil
Stiffer roll bars front and back
2000cst diff oil

Is this reasonable changes to try out? What else can I try?

Thank you!
Stiffer front roll bars would make it worse.
Could also try softer front springs,stiffer rear springs
lower front upper inner link
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:19 AM   #2960
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Stiffer front roll bars would make it worse.
Could also try softer front springs,stiffer rear springs
lower front upper inner link
+1

You want to go softer on the front rather than harder. Could also try a little less front droop to keep a bit more weight over the front of the car.

Regards,

Simon
Team_Krusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #2961
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgoth View Post
The progressive rear springs make the rear end really lazy. Put a 2.5 spring in the rear. This will give you more steering.

I usually drive with 2.5 springs on both ends to get more steering.
\

I got the 2.5 springs on order ... I was going to try and leave kit springs in the rear with 2.5 springs in the front instead of the kit spring ( 2.7 ) .....

I can try the 2.5's all the way around ... Or what do you think about having 2.5's up front and putting the 2.7's in the rear ?

Thanks for the help
Will,
yunowill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #2962
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

So I found a few new 2012 T3"S trying to deside to go for one of those or a T4? Only thing stopping me from the T4 is I read some issues on here where guys were saying it was not as fast as their T3? Maybe it was just setup related? What would you do?

Thanks
Authorized Dealer for /Agama / Tekno / Team Associated / Schelle / Hobbywing / PT Racing Shock & Diff oil / Serpent / Tekin / JConcepts / AKA / Proline / Savox / M2C / Picco / www.fiercercsolutions.com Like us on facebook www.facebook.com/FierceRCSolutions
FastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #2963
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastPete View Post
So I found a few new 2012 T3"S trying to deside to go for one of those or a T4? Only thing stopping me from the T4 is I read some issues on here where guys were saying it was not as fast as their T3? Maybe it was just setup related? What would you do?

Thanks
I didn't like my t3 12 much, but I love my t4.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:37 PM   #2964
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

IOW it's setup related. IMO, it's always better to move to the later model, and in this case I'm sure.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #2965
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
I didn't like my t3 12 much, but I love my t4.
What did you not like about your T3? As far as I know, there isn't much change between those two models other than lower shock towers, easier adjustments of roll center and some minor things.
I still own T3 and am contemplating getting T4 but getting a new model every year can be waste of money IMO. What stops me from getting T4 is that my T3 is still kicking ass in the race field and I have not gotten amazing feedback on T4 compared with T3. Please enlighten me on it.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:31 PM   #2966
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuvet75 View Post
What did you not like about your T3? As far as I know, there isn't much change between those two models other than lower shock towers, easier adjustments of roll center and some minor things.
I still own T3 and am contemplating getting T4 but getting a new model every year can be waste of money IMO. What stops me from getting T4 is that my T3 is still kicking ass in the race field and I have not gotten amazing feedback on T4 compared with T3. Please enlighten me on it.
Shocks and overall feel.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:03 AM   #2967
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

For me, it took nearly a year to find a comfortable setup for my T312. It was always reasonably fast but usually a little edgy. The T4 was as fast as my T312 right out of the box and very easy to drive. Now I'm finding that setup changes on the T4 can change the feel of the car without it becoming unpredictable or edgy. It responds very well to minor changes. IMO, the T4 was a big step forward from the T312...I've never looked back.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:20 AM   #2968
Tech Rookie

+1

If u own a T3 and u have it dialed then maybe there´s no need to upgrade yet, but when it´s about buying a new car i´d go for the latest version.
Compared to a friends T3´12 my T4 is much easier to setup and also much easier to drive. For me as a beginner that pays off in much more consistent lap-times, more fun and IMO a quicker learning process coz i get more track time instead of working on the setup.

Regards from Germany
Old 03-14-2013, 05:13 AM   #2969
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuvet75 View Post
As far as I know, there isn't much change between those two models other than lower shock towers, easier adjustments of roll center and some minor things.....
Shocks, shock towers, top deck, chassis, steering geometry and throw, new narrow bulkheads, lower CoG etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcar951 View Post
For me, it took nearly a year to find a comfortable setup for my T312. It was always reasonably fast but usually a little edgy. The T4 was as fast as my T312 right out of the box and very easy to drive. Now I'm finding that setup changes on the T4 can change the feel of the car without it becoming unpredictable or edgy. It responds very well to minor changes. IMO, the T4 was a big step forward from the T312...I've never looked back.
+1

I was instantly as quick with the T4 as I was after having owned the T3'12 for nearly a year.

I admit I do know a couple of people who didn't like it after their T3'12 as they thought it was inconsistent, and they changed cars.
But 95% of the people who upgraded are very happy with it and are faster.
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #2970
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Does the T4 use the same diff clamps as the T3'12, which would give longer camber links? Or did they re-do the diff clamps to keep the links in the same place?

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote