R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-27-2013, 03:43 PM   #2866
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunowill View Post
Hey guys ,

I have been running my T4 for about a month now and slowly learning all the in's and outs to driving and tuning the car .

However I have the kit setup currently on my car and running 1000sct diff oil .

I have found that the car is pushing during corner entry ...I guess pushing on power ?

The back feels fine to me at least and grips fairly well I just feel that if I can get more bite in the front end I will increase my lap times .

My track is low-meduim traction.

Any suggestion on what I can do would be great .

Thanks in advance ,
Will,

Hey guys just commenting back on my original post and all your suggestions that were made .


So I made the following changes :

Rear Diff 3000 Sct

I tryed leaning the shocks down

I also tryed increasing rear toe instead of the kit (0.75 mm shim ) I used a 1mm shim

I also tryed 35 wt oil in the front shocks with zero rebound and 30 wt in the rear shocks with zero rebound .

My camber remains at 1 degree and so does my toe out at 1 degree .


I am not sure what I am doing wrong but the car is still pushing . I do understand that you are supposed to be off the throttle coming into the corner and what not ...I get all that sort of stuff in terms of apex's ,coming out of the turn ,going into the turn etc ...

At my track I have a long sweeping corner ... My buddy with the same car ,same motor ,same gear ratio hits the corner at full throttle .....Where is my car if I give it too much it will push its way to the outside wall .

My buddies car is the kit setup with 1000 Sct diff oil and 35 wt shock oil in the front with zero rebound . Also layed down his rear shocks one hole . And droop is 3mm rear 2mm front (might be the other way around Im not 100% )

So basically I am totally lost on why my car is doing this and its starting to annoy me lol .....My car sits right now as the kit setup with the changes of the diff oil (3000 Sct) and Front shock oil (35wt ) ....Other than that its the same as the kit setup or what my buddy is running and not having problems with . ( His car seems like it has so much steering its not even funny ...I can barely drive the car because its so responsive and does not push ....However I feel that the only thing that my car needs that he doesnt have is alot of traction in the rear ....I guess my friends personal preference or driving style he is okay with that ....But I like my car tight in the rear .)

If you guys got any other suggestion or help that would be greatly appreciated .


Thanks in advance
Will,
yunowill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #2867
Tech Addict
 
Bigz84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 588
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

if you both have the same setup (or darn close), are you doping (prepping) the tires the same way?
__________________
Radiopost : EA Motorsports : Orca : Reflex Racing/RSD : Wild Turbo Fans : Franchise Racing Products : RCAmerica : Hudy : Xray : Diggity Designs:
Bigz84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:09 PM   #2868
Tech Master
 
jag88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigz84 View Post
if you both have the same setup (or darn close), are you doping (prepping) the tires the same way?
Todd, you racing this weekend ?
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:11 PM   #2869
Tech Addict
 
Bigz84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 588
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag88 View Post
Todd, you racing this weekend ?
Planning on it, sorry, who's this?
__________________
Radiopost : EA Motorsports : Orca : Reflex Racing/RSD : Wild Turbo Fans : Franchise Racing Products : RCAmerica : Hudy : Xray : Diggity Designs:
Bigz84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:16 PM   #2870
Tech Master
 
jag88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigz84 View Post
Planning on it, sorry, who's this?
Barry Z
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #2871
Tech Master
 
samnelso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fitchburg, MA
Posts: 1,751
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunowill View Post
Hey guys just commenting back on my original post and all your suggestions that were made .


So I made the following changes :

Rear Diff 3000 Sct

I tryed leaning the shocks down

I also tryed increasing rear toe instead of the kit (0.75 mm shim ) I used a 1mm shim

I also tryed 35 wt oil in the front shocks with zero rebound and 30 wt in the rear shocks with zero rebound .

My camber remains at 1 degree and so does my toe out at 1 degree .


I am not sure what I am doing wrong but the car is still pushing . I do understand that you are supposed to be off the throttle coming into the corner and what not ...I get all that sort of stuff in terms of apex's ,coming out of the turn ,going into the turn etc ...

At my track I have a long sweeping corner ... My buddy with the same car ,same motor ,same gear ratio hits the corner at full throttle .....Where is my car if I give it too much it will push its way to the outside wall .

My buddies car is the kit setup with 1000 Sct diff oil and 35 wt shock oil in the front with zero rebound . Also layed down his rear shocks one hole . And droop is 3mm rear 2mm front (might be the other way around Im not 100% )

So basically I am totally lost on why my car is doing this and its starting to annoy me lol .....My car sits right now as the kit setup with the changes of the diff oil (3000 Sct) and Front shock oil (35wt ) ....Other than that its the same as the kit setup or what my buddy is running and not having problems with . ( His car seems like it has so much steering its not even funny ...I can barely drive the car because its so responsive and does not push ....However I feel that the only thing that my car needs that he doesnt have is alot of traction in the rear ....I guess my friends personal preference or driving style he is okay with that ....But I like my car tight in the rear .)

If you guys got any other suggestion or help that would be greatly appreciated .


Thanks in advance
Will,
Will,

Pushing corner entry on power or off? Blinky 17.5?

Are you using traction compound? If so, increase it in the front. I typically run full front and rear (but that's me).

Increasing the rear toe (like you did) will tend to lock in the rear. If your car is pushing, you'll want to decrease the rear toe, if anything.

Also, front camber, I've never ran anything less than 1.5 on carpet in any class so you may try increasing it.

However, the question I would really have is is your car suffering from too much rear traction or not enough front traction? There is a balance and personally if a car is pushy I would try to increase front traction before decreasing rear, as long as the track can handle it.
__________________
Team Associated | Reedy | Airtronics

RC Excitement: Fitchburg, MA | RC Madness: Enfield, CT | Horsham RC
samnelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:28 PM   #2872
Tech Addict
 
alloyslash's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 538
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunowill View Post
Hey guys just commenting back on my original post and all your suggestions that were made .


So I made the following changes :

Rear Diff 3000 Sct

I tryed leaning the shocks down

I also tryed increasing rear toe instead of the kit (0.75 mm shim ) I used a 1mm shim

I also tryed 35 wt oil in the front shocks with zero rebound and 30 wt in the rear shocks with zero rebound .

My camber remains at 1 degree and so does my toe out at 1 degree .


I am not sure what I am doing wrong but the car is still pushing . I do understand that you are supposed to be off the throttle coming into the corner and what not ...I get all that sort of stuff in terms of apex's ,coming out of the turn ,going into the turn etc ...

At my track I have a long sweeping corner ... My buddy with the same car ,same motor ,same gear ratio hits the corner at full throttle .....Where is my car if I give it too much it will push its way to the outside wall .

My buddies car is the kit setup with 1000 Sct diff oil and 35 wt shock oil in the front with zero rebound . Also layed down his rear shocks one hole . And droop is 3mm rear 2mm front (might be the other way around Im not 100% )

So basically I am totally lost on why my car is doing this and its starting to annoy me lol .....My car sits right now as the kit setup with the changes of the diff oil (3000 Sct) and Front shock oil (35wt ) ....Other than that its the same as the kit setup or what my buddy is running and not having problems with . ( His car seems like it has so much steering its not even funny ...I can barely drive the car because its so responsive and does not push ....However I feel that the only thing that my car needs that he doesnt have is alot of traction in the rear ....I guess my friends personal preference or driving style he is okay with that ....But I like my car tight in the rear .)

If you guys got any other suggestion or help that would be greatly appreciated .


Thanks in advance
Will,
Have you dialed your steering endpoints/dual rate back any? May try 0* toe /2* camber on the front. Move your rear arms all the way forward ( both spacers behind the arm) to shorten wheelbase and 2* toe in rear w/ 2* camber
__________________
Pemberton SJ27 / Tekin RS / Cooper D4SS 17.5 / EAM 5000 / Futaba 9551 / 17.5lm
Pemberton SJ27 / Tekin RS / Bullet 13.5 / EAM 5000 / Savox 1251 / 13.5 Pro EDM

TLR22 / Tekin RS / D4SS 6.5 / Futaba 9551 / ORCA 6000 /SCMOD,
F14 carpet Oval Chassis too!
alloyslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:03 PM   #2873
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alloyslash View Post
Have you dialed your steering endpoints/dual rate back any? May try 0* toe /2* camber on the front. Move your rear arms all the way forward ( both spacers behind the arm) to shorten wheelbase and 2* toe in rear w/ 2* camber
I did mess around with the steering some what ....I originally had the end points and my dual rate setup (dialed back ) when I first started driving the car , Right now I have my endpoints and dual rate set on full ....I found when they were dialed back I was going slower through the corners because I would be taking the alot wider and if I did give more throttle it would pusb and mess my whole line up ....with the way they are set now I find I have more control which I like and It works better for me on the track I go too as it has really sharp turns. ....i guess I can try shortening the wheelbase however I still seem to believe its something else lol I dont know what but its just weird when you got both the same cars and there both different with minor changes on both.
yunowill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:30 PM   #2874
Tech Master
 
gonzo416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,938
Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)
Default

Xray parts for sale: DONE WITH RC SALE!!!!!
gonzo416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #2875
Tech Addict
 
alloyslash's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 538
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunowill View Post
I did mess around with the steering some what ....I originally had the end points and my dual rate setup (dialed back ) when I first started driving the car , Right now I have my endpoints and dual rate set on full ....I found when they were dialed back I was going slower through the corners because I would be taking the alot wider and if I did give more throttle it would pusb and mess my whole line up ....with the way they are set now I find I have more control which I like and It works better for me on the track I go too as it has really sharp turns. ....i guess I can try shortening the wheelbase however I still seem to believe its something else lol I dont know what but its just weird when you got both the same cars and there both different with minor changes on both.
I disassemble my 2 cars every week, start on them the monday after the race. I clean and re-oil my bearings, check shocks, basically go over everything on my car to make sure my OCD is satisfied and that everything is clean and ready to go the next weekend.

In order for a chassis to perform properly everything that hinges or moves needs to be free. If I were you I'd take it completely apart. When you put it back together pay close attention to how you tighten everything. For instance make sure thew arms move very freely. When you put the uprights on, tighten the setscrew up until it JUST holds the pin from slipping out. The pin will still be able to move the distance of the center groove thats cut into it, it shouldn't be tightened up on it. Your swaybar must be able to move freely also, the setscrews on them are to just remove the "slop", not to grip it in place. Make sure that each side lifts the opposite arm the same distance ( with the shocks removed).

This is just what I would do if I were you. I am in no way trying to say you built your chassis wrong either. I would just start from scratch and make sure that something hasn't started binding up since the build. It seems that if yours is so different than his something has to be going on with the way something(s) are mounted on it.
__________________
Pemberton SJ27 / Tekin RS / Cooper D4SS 17.5 / EAM 5000 / Futaba 9551 / 17.5lm
Pemberton SJ27 / Tekin RS / Bullet 13.5 / EAM 5000 / Savox 1251 / 13.5 Pro EDM

TLR22 / Tekin RS / D4SS 6.5 / Futaba 9551 / ORCA 6000 /SCMOD,
F14 carpet Oval Chassis too!
alloyslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #2876
Con
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Brownsville Ont Canada
Posts: 178
Default

Another thing to check is your belts. The If the rear is too tight or the front one too loose it could cause your problem
Con is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #2877
Tech Master
 
Meradin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,298
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

My car feels sluggish on our new layout. Kinda like a marshmallow through the chicanes. Running stock setup with the following changes...

1000cst in rear diff
500,000cst in front diff
__________________
Better than Randy, Adam said so!

Second thought...I don't trust Adams, they make up everything!

"Leave it to Steever", custom paint masks, decals, and paint.
Meradin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #2878
Tech Elite
 
jlfx car audio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: jackson,tn
Posts: 3,133
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Yunowill;
U sure the front belt is installed on ur car . Or do I have a brick mounted in the rear behind the wheels ?
Balance does alot to handling .
Now to be serous . Lol
Sounds like tire prep and/or chassis balance .
__________________
Justin & Matt Lyons
Awesomatix USA, EA motorsports, Sanwa, Protoform, Avid, Gravity Rc , TSR!
a800s sanwa m12s
jlfx car audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #2879
Tech Regular
 
WNRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Gallatin, TN
Posts: 341
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Yunowill, how much up-travel are you running in the car? Also, I think the 3000 is a little high in the rear diff for 17.5, 2k typically feels better for me.
__________________
-Evan Williams

SMC Racing - Airtronics - Radiopost Servos - Upgrade RC
WNRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:08 AM   #2880
Tech Fanatic
 
cyba888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Taipei
Posts: 988
Default

Need some advice please I been running my T4 on stock asphalt setup since day one and have not changed a thing because its so easy to drive and have not run into any problems yet until today. I run outdoors on asphalt and today the weather was quite cold which I keep having oversteer problems. Can someone tell me what is the first thing you change when a issue like this comes up? For example first thing is go with harder tires, second would be the springs, third move suspension to different hole etc. Would toe adjustment and roll center be the last things to change? Another important question is for oversteer do I start by fixing the problem first at the front or rear of the car? Changing shock or diff oil would be my last option because I prefer not to do it at the track. Sorry if my post is confusing. BTW I use Ride 32 tires with paragon additive

Last edited by cyba888; 03-03-2013 at 07:19 AM.
cyba888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xray T3 2012 rasta_man Electric On-Road 4220 11-09-2016 02:45 PM
RC10B4/T4 Forum DerekL Electric Off-Road 14331 01-01-2016 03:18 PM
****HUGE AE T4 TRUCK TIRE SALE *** CRCDUDE R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 08-23-2010 09:55 AM


Tags
xray t4


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:46 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0