R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-29-2013, 11:59 PM   #2551
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Been fighting the pinion grub screw again, what other brands of opinions fit this chassis besides the 3x cost X-ray pinions? I am using Robinson pinions at the moment. Are there any other narrow pinions?

Second thought...I don't trust Adams, they make up everything!

"Leave it to Steever", custom paint masks, decals, and paint.
Meradin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:30 AM   #2552
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

All I run is the CRC Gold Standard pinions. They fit on the shaft the correct direction with a little room to play with ( using the XRay offset spurs too ). I get them from Nexus Racing. They are narrower than the robinsons

TLR22 / Tekin RS / D4SS 6.5 / Futaba 9551 / ORCA 6000 /SCMOD,
F14 carpet Oval Chassis too!
alloyslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:35 AM   #2553
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxg123456 View Post
I find it works better with the T4 than most other chassis, but it seems to dart in and then loose mid and exit in comparison with thd Speed 6. I find a better compromise is the Hot bodies subaru type C body, as it turns in a bit better than the Speed 6 and has unreal mid corner which suits the T4 chassis as it seems to lack this.
Which one gives better laptimes?
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:10 AM   #2554
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Essnowyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
Isn't this part same width as the rear one piece mount? If so it would widen rear track width. But if itsas narrow as the 2 piece mounts . I stand corrected its a flex tuning part
No.

Page 12 of the manual lists the rear block as 302045-O. This is used twice on the car, also in the very front. Adam B provided the part number for the "OPTIONAL rear block" #302050-O. This will not widen the track width above normal. You will still add the kit set of shims.

Snowy.

Drive it, Dont slide it!
Essnowyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:24 AM   #2555
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcone View Post
That is a loaded question. Different set up changes, track conditions, and layouts can make one body better then the other. So LTCR might be great right now, and if one of the above changes, a different body will be better. Before I race again, I am going to have a handful of different bodies to test. Here in the states we use ROAR as a guide and some bodies that are available are not legal, so I am going to try to stick with the 3 proven ones (LTCR, P37, speed6)
Old 01-30-2013, 06:43 AM   #2556
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
That is a loaded question. Different set up changes, track conditions, and layouts can make one body better then the other. So LTCR might be great right now, and if one of the above changes, a different body will be better. Before I race again, I am going to have a handful of different bodies to test. Here in the states we use ROAR as a guide and some bodies that are available are not legal, so I am going to try to stick with the 3 proven ones (LTCR, P37, speed6)
Ok fair enough, I meant in your case specifically when you tried all 3 bodies.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:56 AM   #2557
Tech Elite

Quote:
Personally I have found that if the LTC-R works on carpet, your setup is to docile or there isn't enough grip. The Speed6 with the right setup should be better on carpet as it is more balanced and you can tune the setup to gain what you want.

By the time my setup is almost there the LTC-R becomes very difficult to drive, the turn in is good but it makes the rear unstable.
Fastest lap times are very similar, but the Speed6 is much easier to drive.
I changed from an LTC-R to Speed6 inbetween rounds at the weekend and gained 7secs.

Perhaps if the grip come up a lot (so the cars are understeering badly) the LTC-R might work.

In general PF LTC-R outdoors, PF Speed6 indoors.

Haven't run the P37
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:58 AM   #2558
Tech Regular

Quote:
Ok fair enough, I meant in your case specifically when you tried all 3 bodies.
this past weekend I ran and I only had a LTCR and P37. The P37 is regular weight. I did not notice much difference, but the P37 increases steering also. I have to paint up a seed6 and get one ready for my next time racing.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:04 AM   #2559
Tech Regular

And that is another thing, people on here post from all over the world. Skiddins seems to know what he is talking about. But from what I heard the carpet ran in Europe is not like what we run here in the states and I have no clue what they use in Australia. So it is best to test and try everything available to you. I am starting to feel a Speed 6 body would benefit me at a larger track, where the other track I go to that is tight and small the LTCR or P37 still may be better.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #2560
Tech Master

Here is a general question about setup as fellow racer asked me about. He is running a T4 and is thinking of giving it up. He has good traction right away but as the race goes on he starts to loose traction and the car becomes difficult to drive.

I asked him it is was that he was loosing traction or driving harder to try and catch up...could be a possibility.

Anyways, what could cause a car to loose traction? Tires over heating possibly? What setup changes can we make to combat this?

Old 01-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #2561
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mera'din View Post
Here is a general question about setup as fellow racer asked me about. He is running a T4 and is thinking of giving it up. He has good traction right away but as the race goes on he starts to loose traction and the car becomes difficult to drive.

I asked him it is was that he was loosing traction or driving harder to try and catch up...could be a possibility.

Anyways, what could cause a car to loose traction? Tires over heating possibly? What setup changes can we make to combat this?
Sounds like tires overheating, he should test harder tires.
Serpenteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:45 AM   #2562
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpenteer View Post
Let's say this is happening where there is a spec tire involved and he can't try a harder tire.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #2563
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpenteer View Post
What if its spec tires only?
Old 01-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #2564
Tech Master

Yup, spec tires. The two choices we have are sweep 32 or Jaco Blue if you have them.

I tend to fight this as well if I am not super smooth, which is hard at our track due to it's size...it is small. 25x55 with 4 foot lanes if we are luck. Compound that with 7 cars and a lot of point and shoot driving and it can get messy.

Just looking to have some advice for him on Friday so he doesn't quit. Hate to see a team orange guy turn blue!

Here is the latest race. His is the purple and white car starting in 6th place.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #2565
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mera'din View Post
Yup, spec tires. The two choices we have are sweep 32 or Jaco Blue if you have them.

I tend to fight this as well if I am not super smooth, which is hard at our track due to it's size...it is small. 25x55 with 4 foot lanes if we are luck. Compound that with 7 cars and a lot of point and shoot driving and it can get messy.

Just looking to have some advice for him on Friday so he doesn't quit. Hate to see a team orange guy turn blue!

Here is the latest race. His is the purple and white car starting in 6th place.
His car looks very loose and hard to drive right from the getgo. Soften up the car if you can. Lower the roll centers, drop the shocks down, soften the oil, make sure the steering circles are the same. Also, it seems like the car may have way too much dual rate, making it twitchy. He may consider turning it down...maybe 10 clicks or so. Just some thoughts.

RC Excitement: Fitchburg, MA | RC Madness: Enfield, CT | Horsham RC
samnelso is offline   Reply With Quote