R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-24-2013, 06:35 AM   #2491
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 774
Default

Well, just got word that after 2 weeks of getting and running my T4 my local track is no longer going to run touring car. I am going to be putting my car up for sale on Ebay this week. Thanks for all the help that you guys provided.
DJG24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:45 AM   #2492
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Grand Haven, MI
Posts: 675
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJG24 View Post
Well, just got word that after 2 weeks of getting and running my T4 my local track is no longer going to run touring car. I am going to be putting my car up for sale on Ebay this week. Thanks for all the help that you guys provided.
Pretty sure I would look for a new track. That's tough though.
Let me guess, they run VTgA?
Sean B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:03 AM   #2493
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean B. View Post
Pretty sure I would look for a new track. That's tough though.
Let me guess, they run VTgA?
All the other tracks around me (4 of them) within an 1 1/2 hours run off road. This track ran onroad but is now converting to offroad on carpet. It seems that there is way more interest in offroad and he claims its not worth it for him to run onroad with the smaller turnouts.
DJG24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #2494
Tech Regular
 
Adam B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Detroit, Mi
Posts: 411
Default

That stinks. That happened around here years ago, then another track opened and lasted 4 years. Now to play on carpet it is at least a hour drive for me.
__________________
Franchise Racing Products * Fantom Racing * Pro One R/C Tires * RC America/Xray * Discount R/C Store * F1 R/C Lab * NORCAR @ The Gate
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:08 AM   #2495
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 13
Default

Setup question here: At this moment I am practising hard at carpet and goes pretty well, but my car seems to be driving TOO easy. It is a tight track with some slow and fast corners. What Can I do to increase the grip?

At this moment I have:
-45wt shock oil 3x1.1mm holes
-cpx tyres, 2.6 spring front, 2.8 spring rear
- all shocks inclined 2nd hole from inside
- 6mm downstops front, 4.8mm downstops rear
- spool front, gear diff 700 back
- glued the front tyres outside
- 1.4mm front and 1.2mm rear sway bars

I just need that little bit more steering/grip/less easier to drive car, to make my car faster, but I can't seem to make it faster at this moment.

I was thinking about 1.2mm holes and stay with 45wt oil or maybe 40wt oil, and do +0.75mm overall at the back suspension to get more directive feel.
Also with 2.6 springs at the back the car is a bit smoother in the corners, with the harders ones it feels like I lose to much speed through the corner.
daang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:49 AM   #2496
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daang View Post
Setup question here: At this moment I am practising hard at carpet and goes pretty well, but my car seems to be driving TOO easy. It is a tight track with some slow and fast corners. What Can I do to increase the grip?

At this moment I have:
-45wt shock oil 3x1.1mm holes
-cpx tyres, 2.6 spring front, 2.8 spring rear
- all shocks inclined 2nd hole from inside
- 6mm downstops front, 4.8mm downstops rear
- spool front, gear diff 700 back
- glued the front tyres outside
- 1.4mm front and 1.2mm rear sway bars

I just need that little bit more steering/grip/less easier to drive car, to make my car faster, but I can't seem to make it faster at this moment.

I was thinking about 1.2mm holes and stay with 45wt oil or maybe 40wt oil, and do +0.75mm overall at the back suspension to get more directive feel.
Also with 2.6 springs at the back the car is a bit smoother in the corners, with the harders ones it feels like I lose to much speed through the corner.
Thinner shock oil, stand rear shocks up, 1.3mm rear bar.
Perhaps you need to try same springs front and rear.
How have you fitted the springs from the old car?

No-one runs 700cSt in the diff over here (carpet), at least 1000cSt, but mostly 2000cSt.

Skiddins
__________________
Xray T4'16, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2016
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #2497
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,519
Default

Anyone managed to get any T-Shox springs onto some measuring equipment to see what their rates are?

Thanks
Skiddins
__________________
Xray T4'16, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2016
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #2498
Regional Moderator
 
CarbonJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
That stinks. That happened around here years ago, then another track opened and lasted 4 years. Now to play on carpet it is at least a hour drive for me.
At least we're still around. We're glad you make the trip down.
__________________
*** The Gate - Celebrating 7 years at the same location ***
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:22 PM   #2499
Tech Master
 
locked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,758
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
That stinks. That happened around here years ago, then another track opened and lasted 4 years. Now to play on carpet it is at least a hour drive for me.
There's a few guys from Michigan who come up to Lou's speedway on Saturdays. Probably not any closer for you and would involve an international border crossing, but it's really nice high traction track with some great racing.

This is where it's located

The closest track to you would probably be Action Hobbies in Kingsville, Ontario. It's not very large, but there are some great racers who go there.

both Lou's and Action have sections on londonrc.com
locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #2500
Tech Regular
 
Adam B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Detroit, Mi
Posts: 411
Default

I heard Lou's is great, Andrew told me about that one, and I know a few guys from around here that go. Problem is I have an unpaid log book ticket from maybe 10 years ago from the weigh station in Putman. So Canada may be waiting for me, lol. I used it as my excuse to never have to go back there with a truck, now I have to make it good.
__________________
Franchise Racing Products * Fantom Racing * Pro One R/C Tires * RC America/Xray * Discount R/C Store * F1 R/C Lab * NORCAR @ The Gate
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:33 PM   #2501
Tech Adept
 
howardshum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeBeMikey View Post
I want gold plated suspension arms.
Sorry I do not have this...
howardshum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #2502
Tech Regular
 
Adam B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Detroit, Mi
Posts: 411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardshum View Post
Sorry I do not have this...
What do you have? Maybe a website or something showing what you offer?
__________________
Franchise Racing Products * Fantom Racing * Pro One R/C Tires * RC America/Xray * Discount R/C Store * F1 R/C Lab * NORCAR @ The Gate
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:20 PM   #2503
Tech Adept
 
howardshum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
What do you have? Maybe a website or something showing what you offer?
Hi

Message had been sent to you, kindly please check.

Thank you

Howard
howardshum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #2504
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 226
Default

After months of trying to get this car to drive how I want it to, I've almost got to the stage of retiring my T4. The problem I'm having is a very unresponsive steering mid corner and general lack of steering. Every other xray I've owned has very responsive steering through the whole corner, initial and mid. This T4 however is completely different.

I've tried, every spring combo, 2.7fr2.7rr.... 2.5fr-2.5rr.... 2.7fr-2.3-2.6rr.... 2.5-2.8fr-2.5-2.8rr, even harder rear springs than front lol. Bump steer shims upto 4mm, caster 6 deg, graphite arms, harder c hubs, different shock oil, gear diff oil upto 2000 and car still has similar basic feeling of numb mid corner.

Anyone else suffer this?

I've done well, getting the car in A final at EWS in the UK every time I get a chance to race there this season which is usually an open indoor track, but at my own club where its a lot more technical I struggle with setting it to feel nimble and have steering mid corner on hairpins. It's like it's a limosine. Tried even + 0.75 rear blocks and LTC-R shell which just seems to turn in and feel even worse mid corner. The only good improvements I seem to have is with the Subaru Type C body and front gear diff with 1 million oil which is still not where I want the car to be. Any further ideas would be a great help! Thanks.
maxg123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #2505
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,005
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxg123456 View Post
After months of trying to get this car to drive how I want it to, I've almost got to the stage of retiring my T4. The problem I'm having is a very unresponsive steering mid corner and general lack of steering. Every other xray I've owned has very responsive steering through the whole corner, initial and mid. This T4 however is completely different.

I've tried, every spring combo, 2.7fr2.7rr.... 2.5fr-2.5rr.... 2.7fr-2.3-2.6rr.... 2.5-2.8fr-2.5-2.8rr, even harder rear springs than front lol. Bump steer shims upto 4mm, caster 6 deg, graphite arms, harder c hubs, different shock oil, gear diff oil upto 2000 and car still has similar basic feeling of numb mid corner.

Anyone else suffer this?

I've done well, getting the car in A final at EWS in the UK every time I get a chance to race there this season which is usually an open indoor track, but at my own club where its a lot more technical I struggle with setting it to feel nimble and have steering mid corner on hairpins. It's like it's a limosine. Tried even + 0.75 rear blocks and LTC-R shell which just seems to turn in and feel even worse mid corner. The only good improvements I seem to have is with the Subaru Type C body and front gear diff with 1 million oil which is still not where I want the car to be. Any further ideas would be a great help! Thanks.
shorten the wheelbase?
cheapskate.brok is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xray T3 2012 rasta_man Electric On-Road 4220 11-09-2016 02:45 PM
RC10B4/T4 Forum DerekL Electric Off-Road 14331 01-01-2016 03:18 PM
****HUGE AE T4 TRUCK TIRE SALE *** CRCDUDE R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 08-23-2010 09:55 AM


Tags
xray t4


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:27 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0