R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #2251
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

And how would that be such a big deal anyway???? its colder in the trunk of a car in the winter. Everybody wants to chalk it up as me doing something wrong
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #2252
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davin View Post
That's the old part...
Old 01-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #2253
Tech Regular

Quote:
And how would that be such a big deal anyway???? its colder in the trunk of a car in the winter. Everybody wants to chalk it up as me doing something wrong
No, I thought it was something you did on a regular basis. We posted at the same time, I didn't know it was done as a goof.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #2254
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
That's the old part...
If you order them from Nexus the send you the new ones. They used to have two different parts . an 8mm and 9mm now they just make an 8.5mm that both numbers cross to from what I can see
Old 01-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #2255
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
No, I thought it was something you did on a regular basis. We posted at the same time, I didn't know it was done as a goof.

Thats fine Im just having a crap day LOL
Old 01-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #2256
Tech Adept

The new xray 52mm ecs shafts part number is xr305327, although not available yet and not on any sites but won't be long. Differences are from what i can gather is 2mm pins obviously a bigger hole.

J
Jampot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #2257
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
If you order them from Nexus the send you the new ones. They used to have two different parts . an 8mm and 9mm now they just make an 8.5mm that both numbers cross to from what I can see
Thanks man.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #2258
Tech Elite

Quote:
Yes I did. I would not be so frustrated right now if that was the case. I received 2 brand new end bells from EA this week. Bryon Ehlert stripped a gear as well yesterday. When mine went bad The motor had not moved one bit and the screws were tight enough that I almost stripped the head on on while taking it out.

Another thought, apart from checking the layshaft mounts as someone else mentioned, have you tried replacing the layshaft bearings just in case at least one of them has a fault?
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #2259
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Another thought, apart from checking the layshaft mounts as someone else mentioned, have you tried replacing the layshaft bearings just in case at least one of them has a fault?
Bearings are all perfect
Old 01-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #2260
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Before I ask my question, please don't beat me up to bad. I have been reading hundreds of threads about electric on road vehicles and there flaws.

I am looking to expand my experience from Short Course 4x4 racing to electric on road. I understand since I am in the Xray T4 thread, I would not hear much or any negative comments about about the T4.

I have been reading about the RC10TC6.1 and the XRAY T4. It is between the two models with the T4 in the lead. With the price of the vehicles and amount of $$ to be running & competitive, I really would like to make the wise decision and not kick myself later.

So, my question is some feedback on the T4 - Pros and Cons, difficulty tuning, worth the money, other models to look into....

What I have not read much about was: Motor's, ESC and servo's.

For someone coming into this blind other then what I have read, I appreciate the comments and feedback.
98NYFINESTVETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #2261
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98NYFINESTVETTE View Post
Before I ask my question, please don't beat me up to bad. I have been reading hundreds of threads about electric on road vehicles and there flaws.

I am looking to expand my experience from Short Course 4x4 racing to electric on road. I understand since I am in the Xray T4 thread, I would not hear much or any negative comments about about the T4.

I have been reading about the RC10TC6.1 and the XRAY T4. It is between the two models with the T4 in the lead. With the price of the vehicles and amount of $$ to be running & competitive, I really would like to make the wise decision and not kick myself later.

So, my question is some feedback on the T4 - Pros and Cons, difficulty tuning, worth the money, other models to look into....

What I have not read much about was: Motor's, ESC and servo's.

For someone coming into this blind other then what I have read, I appreciate the comments and feedback.
My opinion is t4 is amazing out the box so only small changes to perfect it to ur style.

I run a mixture of futaba or sanwa servo's bls versions of both they are the higher priced but quality strength and reliability are worth the extra cash

Speedo's I have a hw v3 which is amazing, I am in the process of sponsorship of dualsky and have to say the quality of work inside is truley an art, the software programmability is near exact hw, so for price it's the way forward.

Motors, I'm a gm man but dualsky again the components inside is superior, apparently the old ones were touch n go but new ones after seeing the performance and inside, means the combo will be very very quick.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #2262
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

hey i was looking into getting some replacement parts for the t4 should i be getting hard or medium i run on carpet with rubber tire
Old 01-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #2263
Tech Adept

Just graphite wishbones a massive plus, std items are fine, my opinion is if u need more traction go softer parts and less traction harder, but harder keeps consistency more. Others may have a different take but I run std parts except graphite arms I run medium grip carpet at the mo. come out doors I'll run medium parts more than likely but outdoors is low traction in the uk! Sorry low and ultra low! Lol. J
Old 01-06-2013, 04:07 PM   #2264
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I'm in love with T4 . Started the weekend out with Paul's cleavland set up was running 11.1 at best but rare.
It was hard staying at those speeds for me most laps were 11.4-11.6 went to progressive 2.3-2.6 in front and rear and car was more tame coming out of the corner ( late in the run it was over rotating, this solved that issue ) then Paul increased my droop to +5mm f/r ( was running 1.5 f/2.5r ) . Made a huge difference with mid corner turn the car was making the same curve all the way around the corner and allowed me to run harder (10.9s and 11.1-11.3 avg laps ... ) was able to qualify 5th and if I hadn't have had a spill in the sweeper I could have finished second .
jlfx car audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #2265
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
I'm in love with T4 . Started the weekend out with Paul's cleavland set up was running 11.1 at best but rare.
It was hard staying at those speeds for me most laps were 11.4-11.6 went to progressive 2.3-2.6 in front and rear and car was more tame coming out of the corner ( late in the run it was over rotating, this solved that issue ) then Paul increased my droop to +5mm f/r ( was running 1.5 f/2.5r ) . Made a huge difference with mid corner turn the car was making the same curve all the way around the corner and allowed me to run harder (10.9s and 11.1-11.3 avg laps ... ) was able to qualify 5th and if I hadn't have had a spill in the sweeper I could have finished second .
So that drop (5mm) is 'over ride height'. so he basically turned your car into something with the droop of a monster truck

Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote