R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #2116
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I can say with confidence that, the t4 is a huge improvement over the t3 and i am happy with my purchase.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #2117
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigz84 View Post

trinity

how are your screws hitting the belt? are you not using the supplied M3x8? are you using washers on the screws? sorry, little confusing....
What I meant was there is less than 1mm clearance on either side of the pinion with the screw almost touching the pinion on 1 side. On the other side of the pinion it almost touches the belt. Not that there is less than 1mm clearance between the belt and the screw.

This is the problem I'm having with the supplied m3x8 screws.
J-PaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:30 PM   #2118
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mera'din View Post
I have a setup question. I am getting a huge push when I hit the brakes. If I go easy ans smooth into the corner it handles good but I get hit from behind as everyone else at out track is point and shoot so I have to adjust.

When I hit the brakes late in the turn the car pushes and just slides forward. Trouble is, sometimes the rear end will completely break loose as well! Very confusing!

Our track is tiny! 25'x55

I am running a stock carpet setup for now.
not an expert in driving by no means, but i think you might want to hit the breaks before you hit the turn. i think i have read, break before the corner, roll in, mid corner throttle out. if i am wrong, someone please let me know, as i am open to hearing other driving styles so i could try to go faster . but i think you can change your droop settings to adjust to your driving style, to help w/ that push.
there is nothing you can do about the other drivers driving style, but i wouldn't change yours if you are faster.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:36 PM   #2119
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-PaP View Post
What I meant was there is less than 1mm clearance on either side of the pinion with the screw almost touching the pinion on 1 side. On the other side of the pinion it almost touches the belt. Not that there is less than 1mm clearance between the belt and the screw.
CRC "Gold Standard" pinions work well.

None of my rotors have a long enough flat spot to run a pinion with the collar towards the motor. I found the PRS pinions have too wide a collar to fit with the collar facing the battery.
locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #2120
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mera'din View Post
I have a setup question. I am getting a huge push when I hit the brakes. If I go easy ans smooth into the corner it handles good but I get hit from behind as everyone else at out track is point and shoot so I have to adjust.

When I hit the brakes late in the turn the car pushes and just slides forward. Trouble is, sometimes the rear end will completely break loose as well! Very confusing!

Our track is tiny! 25'x55

I am running a stock carpet setup for now.
Where's your rear droop set to?...make sure you have some ~2mm ish.

Make sure you're not locking up the brakes. That may cause it to push, especially if traction is low.

RC Excitement: Fitchburg, MA | RC Madness: Enfield, CT | Horsham RC
samnelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #2121
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-PaP View Post

This is the problem I'm having with the supplied m3x8 screws.
Quote:
Originally Posted by locked View Post
CRC "Gold Standard" pinions work well.

None of my rotors have a long enough flat spot to run a pinion with the collar towards the motor. I found the PRS pinions have too wide a collar to fit with the collar facing the battery.

Ok, got it

i have no issues w/ my trinity, maybe they are CRC, Gold 50 tooth, and like Locked said collar towards the batt. my 52 tooth i believe is a PRS, and i just bolted it down on a HT trinty rotor and i can see the grub screw completely on the edge of the rotor, and has enough clearance to the M3x8 motor mount screws.

What pinions are you running J-PaP?
Old 12-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #2122
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigz84 View Post
Ok, got it

i have no issues w/ my trinity, maybe they are CRC, Gold 50 tooth, and like Locked said collar towards the batt. my 52 tooth i believe is a PRS, and i just bolted it down on a HT trinty rotor and i can see the grub screw completely on the edge of the rotor, and has enough clearance to the M3x8 motor mount screws.

What pinions are you running J-PaP?
Yeah racing. Looked at some pictures and these pinions have slightly wider teeth than the trinity & xray narrow pinions.

With a 72-76t spur I'll get the ratio I need without needing to use anything bigger than a 45t pinion. That will clear no problem.

Thanks for the help all.
J-PaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #2123
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Who's all coming to the Hudy championship @ Pro level Rc in st Louis MO this coming weekend? I'm curious to see how everyone sets up their T4s with super high traction ..
jlfx car audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:21 PM   #2124
Tech Apprentice

First race, stock setup, poor driver at the wheel. I did not change a single setting all day. This car is super easy to drive. I thought that some/most people were exaggerating about how much better the car was than the T3 but I experienced much greater consistency while improving speed at the same time. The car feels way too soft on the bench and the chassis rolls quite a bit but geez this car is fast and lots of fun to drive. I was leery about the funky motor mounting but it mounted up a lot more solid than I thought that it would.
A+ Xray!
kmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:49 AM   #2125
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood View Post
I think the new motor mount design is going to be harder on spurs. Motor screws were tight and mesh seemed good. I did try to Marshall myself up against a board so my guess that didn't help!
Have you looked a few pages back, everyone who has had a problem stripping spurs has found something that wasn't quite right or built right.

Check that you are tightening the motor up enough and the screw holes in the motor aren't stripped.
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:54 AM   #2126
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to rangerjkb

+1 on the T4, I have recently seen new to Xray drivers use this car with great success first time out.
+1 on the CRC pinions, have really liked them since their release.
rangerjkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:55 AM   #2127
Tech Regular

I went faster with out the box setting, now with a new motor i should be front of the feild
d.k.vmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:57 AM   #2128
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
I can say with confidence that, the t4 is a huge improvement over the t3 and i am happy with my purchase.
How does it compare to your BD7?
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:22 AM   #2129
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
Who's all coming to the Hudy championship @ Pro level Rc in st Louis MO this coming weekend? I'm curious to see how everyone sets up their T4s with super high traction ..
My son Blake should be there..
Breezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:26 AM   #2130
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy1 View Post
My son Blake should be there..
I had a great time there last yr . Expect to have a even better time this yr now that my son is racing with me
jlfx car audio is offline   Reply With Quote