R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-30-2012, 07:42 AM   #196
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Quote:
When has a car actually made HUGE performance upgrades from one year to the next? Looks to me like this car will be quicker, simply as the COG is in a much better place.
The TC3. The shaft was a gimmick. The revolutionary part was it has the first properly engineered suspension. All current cars have suspension geometry derived from the TC3

I think the T4 looks great. I applaud Xray for taking some chances, outlining a design breif, and executing changes to achieve those goals. This is the first Xray that does not follow Tamaiyas lead.

Also, I think the way Xray, AE, and Schumacher mount arms is the best. Infinite adjustability without having an infinite number or mounts.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:12 AM   #197
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 193 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB-forever View Post
Well , it looks like xray begin to be a copier , I know it diffecult to find new things , but the T4 is a HB Tcxx copy.
No not even close, I held a T4 yesterday and the is not even close to a TCXX. I race a TCX so I do have something to compare to.

The T4 does look really cool though.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #198
Tech Addict

The price in Europe is really not that bad

http://www.toprc.eu/en/xray-t4-xr300019
Geberit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #199
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

They changed nearly everything. I'm really curious to see them in action this week at IIC and hear reports from people. The '12 has been really good for me, especially with the thin chassis. I like they they went to 2.2mm, I felt like something between the two on the '12 would have been perfect.

I love the stability of the car, it's why I run an XRay. If they could find a way to have more steering from the center out without getting hard to drive, that would be the killer feature.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:25 AM   #200
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default What are style blocks?

On page 11 of this thread, someone talks about the Xray vs. Tamiya style blocks. What are style blocks? If I'm looking at my T3, what does it look like and what is its function?
saxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:28 AM   #201
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
The TC3. The shaft was a gimmick. The revolutionary part was it has the first properly engineered suspension. All current cars have suspension geometry derived from the TC3

I think the T4 looks great. I applaud Xray for taking some chances, outlining a design breif, and executing changes to achieve those goals. This is the first Xray that does not follow Tamaiyas lead.

Also, I think the way Xray, AE, and Schumacher mount arms is the best. Infinite adjustability without having an infinite number or mounts.
I don't think the tamiya has been the trend setter in all honesty
I think it has been a case they all have gone down the same road

The suspension, you mean pivot blocks......*

The shaft was defiantly not a gimmick mate, belts for effecintcy shaft direct
power.
I have a 5 on a manufacture releasing a shaft car again soon.

More parts to go wronge defiantly not the best
Jampot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #202
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

OCT Release !!
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:16 AM   #203
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Xray charges $32 each for their alum arm mounts that the blocks attach too, sorry but I have no desire to buy 10-12 of those for different configurations/spares! (assuming pricing was similar for one piece arm mounts, everything alum they sell is $$).

Xray's history of small refinements producing a better product is pretty good, I think the T4 will be a nice car, looking forward to driving one
Old 09-30-2012, 10:24 AM   #204
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Where is the upper mount or how does the motor mount?
The mount looks to me very low 1 screw low!
Attached Thumbnails
The New Xray T4 '13-xray-t4-10.jpg  
HobbyTown Fresno, Ca. McAllister Racing, Visa/MasterCard's
"Take an early lead and extend it".(Fast Eddie Janis)
vivo quevas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:25 AM   #205
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
Xray charges $32 each for their alum arm mounts that the blocks attach too, sorry but I have no desire to buy 10-12 of those for different configurations/spares! (assuming pricing was similar for one piece arm mounts, everything alum they sell is $$).

Xray's history of small refinements producing a better product is pretty good, I think the T4 will be a nice car, looking forward to driving one
Also one has to know the car will stay under development all the time and who knows what they come up in the future. Time and club drivers will give their feedback soon and this will count
Geberit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:43 AM   #206
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Impossible Customer

Have you ever been told you are an "Impossible Customer". I have read your comments over the past few days, Ridiculous!! You are the guy that can't be pleased.

As for the World's everyone, if you think Toe Block style or plastic Shouck bodies was the reason an Xray didn't make the "A", you need help. Go see your Doctor right away. You are not right. It was a Bad Weekend for the Xray's, PERIOD!! It Happens! WOW!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
Yes the draw backs of Xray's "cheap and easy shim system" makes no sense. They hang on to it because it's cheaper for production and reduces machining costs. Again Xray will eventually come to their senses or customer pressure. It's finally happened with the shocks.

I really hope Xray will make them as option parts for those that want them. It would be beneficial to Xray to sell more parts. Those that want the best of what Xray has to offer and get the features they want.

I must say I'm not fond of the motor mount. I would have rather seen a larger surface and finned motor mount. In my book the new car would have been spot on perfect with these two features. I love the short shock system, and the rest of Xray's great features like Gear diffs, cvds, a chassis that's not swiss cheese for carpet guys. I'll be ordering one with the hopes of seeing these as options later.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:56 AM   #207
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivo quevas View Post
Where is the upper mount or how does the motor mount?
The mount looks to me very low 1 screw low!
It uses two screws, but both at the bottom. Similar to the TOP pan car motor mount, iirc, as well as CEFX.

Destiny | LRP America | Protoform | Xenon/JFT | Gravity RC | Motiv | Sanwa | Max.FX
LloydLoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:07 AM   #208
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Car looks good. Going to upgrade from my old Photon to maybe the new EX or the T4. Just trying to tell myself if the quality of the car is worth the extra $250 over the EX.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #209
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I had a cefx photon . And the one thing that was cool but didn't like was the bottom mount motor mount it has flex and it was steal . Not to mention most motor end bells don't have a lot of depth for screws so I never stripped a gear or screw but with the aluminum its a concern I have. I'm a decent racer but still take big mas takes . I would prefer to see a 2012 style with heatsinks .
jlfx car audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #210
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo View Post
On page 11 of this thread, someone talks about the Xray vs. Tamiya style blocks. What are style blocks? If I'm looking at my T3, what does it look like and what is its function?
Like these, but at both ends of each wishbone;

http://www.exotekracing.com/hinge-blocks-for-trf-a/
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote