Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Anyone got a T4 they want to trade for a BD-7 or TCXX?
Old 12-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by NolanP
Anyone got a T4 they want to trade for a BD-7 or TCXX?
say what?
Old 12-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikel33
say what?
Just curious.

My X12's are going up for sale too.

It's time to go down to one 12th and one TC.

Plus now 1 SCT!!
Old 12-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by NolanP
Just curious.

My X12's are going up for sale too.

It's time to go down to one 12th and one TC.

Plus now 1 SCT!!
ahah. I see.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:54 AM
Tech Regular

for out of the box carpet set up, what shock oils are you guys running front and back? thanks
Old 12-10-2012, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jampot
Very common with many manufactures. I run muchmore o rings, tamiya's are very good too.
Easiest way to tell if the o rings are any good, before building a new kit keep 1 in clear container for a week and another in shock oil filled container then compare after the 5 to 7 days.
I change them regardless but if u have a new set do it and see actually how bad it is.

I have two set of shocks built and then have not leaked or have air in after 3 months of running, after christmas I shall rebuild both and replace the diafram and o rings dependent of use depends on rebuilt I race a few times a week so 4 months is really good.
i thought shock should rebuilt every race meet?
Old 12-10-2012, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by badKarma
for out of the box carpet set up, what shock oils are you guys running front and back? thanks
Kit
Old 12-10-2012, 06:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kschu
There are many opinions on this. Some people do every race day, some people do only before a big event, some people (like me) rebuild them on an as needed basis. I use the Losi shock matching tool, and check the shocks from time to time. If there is no leaks, can't hear air inside them, they are still equal from side to side, no reason to fix what isn't broke. What if your car is handling perfect for your driving style, then you rebuild good shocks and your car's handling goes to hell? Even though you may rebuild the shocks exactly the same way every time, they are not always going to feel exactly the same. If it's not broke, don't fix it.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adam B
There are many opinions on this. Some people do every race day, some people do only before a big event, some people (like me) rebuild them on an as needed basis. I use the Losi shock matching tool, and check the shocks from time to time. If there is no leaks, can't hear air inside them, they are still equal from side to side, no reason to fix what isn't broke. What if your car is handling perfect for your driving style, then you rebuild good shocks and your car's handling goes to hell? Even though you may rebuild the shocks exactly the same way every time, they are not always going to feel exactly the same. If it's not broke, don't fix it.
the oil will went black after u run few pack of battery right??

when i feel d car is not right, i will change the oil...but sometimes its "does" make thing worse...
Old 12-10-2012, 06:22 AM
Tech Regular

I don't recall ever seeing my oil turn black, I run a Losi oil though. Just because oil changes a color, doesn't mean it is bad in my opinion. I am a mechanic on 1:1 scale cars, and if we sold oil changes because the color of a fluid changed I would be so rich! As long as the car feels good still, and there is no leaks or air in the shocks, run it. Granted this is my opinion and people are gonna say rebuild every run. Until an affordable way to check the viscosity of shock oil is developed and people can prove to me that changing shock oil on an extremely regular basis will benefit me, I am sticking to my method.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

the oil will went black after u run few pack of battery right??

when i feel d car is not right, i will change the oil...but sometimes its "does" make thing worse...
You might see darker oil in off road use or dirty/un-prepped outdoor tracks but on road typically there doesn't seem to be much contamination if you are racing indoors and on carpet.

My philosophy is just rebuild before big races or as needed due to leakage.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nrtv20
You might see darker oil in off road use or dirty/un-prepped outdoor tracks but on road typically there doesn't seem to be much contamination if you are racing indoors and on carpet.

My philosophy is just rebuild before big races or as needed due to leakage.
Yep, I've seen offroad cars and road cars driven in parking lots that manage to pull a lot of dirt past the shock seals. None of the cars that I drive on carpet ever have oil that looks contaminated when I change it. Typically my shock oil changes happen because I'm changing viscosity, not due to loss of damping from oil degredation.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Just some pics of my new build

Xray T4 '13-img_0310.jpg

Xray T4 '13-img_0317.jpg

+CSO aluminum "downgrades" (I went back to Composite parts, I didn't like the handling at all)
Attached Thumbnails Xray T4 '13-img_0469.jpg  
Old 12-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Tech Adept

I've never re-built a set after every meet. I will rebuild before nationals but not because they need it just so when u put the car down u know the shocks are matched. If u change oil during the day u know they are matched together and u feel the difference. From freshly built to freshly built if that makes sense
Club meets are just put down and drive too much hassell u can loose more time behind a back marker
Black oil: grease, dirt cr@p oil cr@p o rings.
I ONLY use associated I still think its the most consistent and very high quality.
I never have had black oil but only ever run associated as I said but every 4 months I change the o rings.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rafyel
+CSO aluminum "downgrades" (I went back to Composite parts, I didn't like the handling at all)
They look awesome though. That's gotta be worth at least a tenth in the pits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.