R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #1726
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Soon as more spring rates come out we will be good with new shocks

Last edited by jlfx car audio; 12-01-2012 at 10:58 AM.
jlfx car audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:18 AM   #1727
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Show me on the doll where the blue car touched you.
Wins thread. Can we now close this thread?
Jon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #1728
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

I have the 30 gram Xray wedge shaped weight in the center of my car and my battery does not get rubbed by the pinion. On the old car if you ran the weight the battery went in much farther than than with just nuts and the battery moved. With this car the weight acts as the "stop" and the battery fits in more snug and doesnt move around much.

EA

Last edited by EAMotorsports; 12-01-2012 at 10:17 AM.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #1729
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
I have the 30 gram Xray wedge shaped weight in the center of my car and my battery does get rubbed by the pinion. On the old car if you ran the weight the battery went in much farther than than with just nuts and the battery moved. With this car the weight acts as the "stop" and the battery fits in more snug and doesnt move around much.
I've had the same experience.
Jon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #1730
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

Having built and raced every Xray chassis ever made. After 4 weeks of running the T4 I have lost all hope in this car. It has done nothing but strip spur gears / loop itself in corners for no reason and several other things 4 SPUR GEARS IN 1 DAY!!!???? This car has taken me from being one of the top 3 in the A every week for to not being able to finish a race. Whether it be do to a spur gear stripping or just pure disgust in the way the car is working. Sorry I just had to vent
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #1731
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davin View Post
Having built and raced every Xray chassis ever made. After 4 weeks of running the T4 I have lost all hope in this car. It has done nothing but strip spur gears / loop itself in corners for no reason and several other things 4 SPUR GEARS IN 1 DAY!!!???? This car has taken me from being one of the top 3 in the A every week for to not being able to finish a race. Whether it be do to a spur gear stripping or just pure disgust in the way the car is working. Sorry I just had to vent
I'll trade a 4yr supply of parts and extras with a top photon (will even throw in some extra spurs ) for ur T4 u despise.... lol
Hell I even have a box kit 2012 I'll trade
Old 12-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #1732
Tech Master

Quote:
I have a T4 as well as a couple other guys I know. No issues with handling or stripping gears. I also didn't hear any reports from the US Indoor Champs about anybody stripping a gear, much less four in one day. Too bad you aren't having good luck with it. So far the best car I've had and that is with a box stock set up. I haven't even started messing with settings yet.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #1733
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Your experience is definitely different from mine, and some friends.
I'm coming back to TC after 5 years, and its been fantastic out of the box
Sean B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #1734
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz955i View Post
I have a T4 as well as a couple other guys I know. No issues with handling or stripping gears. I also didn't hear any reports from the US Indoor Champs about anybody stripping a gear, much less four in one day. Too bad you aren't having good luck with it. So far the best car I've had and that is with a box stock set up. I haven't even started messing with settings yet.
+1

There's at least a half dozen of us around here who are loving the car.

Motor mount a bit too loose or unevenly tightened, maybe? Bent rotor?
locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #1735
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I had made a earlier post about stripping 3 gears in one day in 2 different t4, but the car is super easy to drive and handled great, i bought some motor guard upgrades from xray,i will give them a try at tomorrows club race, I'm hoping this will solve my stripped gear issue.
bozzplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #1736
Tech Elite

I don't get it ? How does ur spur strip . I've thrown my car off the track entering the sweeper at full tilt against a block wall (3times) and have never stripped a spur ( but I'm sure I will tomorrow now I've said that...)
Old 12-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #1737
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
I too had the issue with the spur gears. I tried it with thin washers on the motor screws, with thick washers and with no washers. Nothing seemed to work. Eventually, I ditched the washer idea and got a new can for the motor, as the holes in my old can were starting to strip out. With the new can I was able to tighten the screws tight enough to keep the motor from sliding forward and stripping gears.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:22 PM   #1738
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:

Another racer i know of was going through stripping spurs in one day i think up to 4 spurs. He drove his car like this for 3 races. Looking over his motor finding some excess movement of the motor while comparing it to another car, they found out his motor mount was not tightened down! The instruction manual tells you to NOT tighten the motor plate till later, keep it loose, but he forgot to tighten it back down when the chassis was done. Since then he never stripped a spur again!

Hope this helps!
Old 12-02-2012, 04:32 AM   #1739
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Still on my first spur gear since the build and no issues to report here. I switch back and forth between various 17.5 and 13.5 with a few crashes every race/practice but have yet to chew up any spurs. Sorry to hear about those who are having spur issues. I have spare spurs but luckily haven't had to use them.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:12 AM   #1740
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFREAK View Post
Another racer i know of was going through stripping spurs in one day i think up to 4 spurs. He drove his car like this for 3 races. Looking over his motor finding some excess movement of the motor while comparing it to another car, they found out his motor mount was not tightened down! The instruction manual tells you to NOT tighten the motor plate till later, keep it loose, but he forgot to tighten it back down when the chassis was done. Since then he never stripped a spur again!

Hope this helps!
Easy enough to forget in the excitement of building a new car.