Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tires

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 08:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Tires

What is the best tire to run on asphalt?
Old 12-04-2017, 08:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

That’s an almost impossible question. There are a wide range of on road tires. Type of surface, what kind of driving, could help. But it’s probably gonna take some trial and error.
I’ve used tires from Sweep, Gravity, Hpi, and few others can’t think of. Some work on multiple vehicles. Some worked great with one vehicle but not with another
Old 12-06-2017, 06:16 AM
LJH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As Billy said it really depends on what kind of asphalt you are running on. Is this a prepared track, street, basketball/tennis court? I run a TT02 with a 17.5T motor 99% of the time on dusty tennis courts which proves to be pretty slick. After trying the stock Tamiya slicks, the Gravity USGT's, Ride 26MM Radials, and the Tamiya Super Grips I am inclined to say that for my purposes the Ride's are over all the best compromise for performance and durability. With that said I do not have a lot of runs on the Super Grips but they seem like they might stick a bit better than the Ride's but wear may be an issue....and they are a lot more expensive.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 12-06-2017, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

If you are just having fun bashing around. The Gravity USGT tire is perfect. They’re reasonably cheap and last a long time. If your actually racing at a track. Solaris tires are possibly the best tires. But most local race clubs will probably have a spec tire used to keep cost down